ADVERTISEMENT

CCL Freshman Scores?

Was the Naz game against a frosh/soph team?
As ssi already stated Frosh. From Max preps, Naz Frosh are 5-1-1 with a 3 point loss to BR and a 6-6 tie vs York. Not too shabby.

@godfthr53 care to add anything else about the Roadrunner Frosh season?

Those young men do an excellent job. Here’s the link for some dinner time viewing

I actually like their sometime lack of knowledge. But they are on par with some of the NFL doing the “B” games.

But they do like to look professional. While the orange jackets are kind of cool today, they would have caused lot of abuse on 63rd Street in the late 60’s.

I sort of miss going to the old Rita Crackjack box for football games. Had a ton of character and little endzone space

I sort of miss going to the old Rita Crackjack box for football games. Had a ton of character and little endzone space
Cracker box pressbox for sure. But home seating was is unheard of today. From the end of both ends zones. A lot of people didn’t know the building was actually in the ground almost five feet. The science labs were there so if there was an explosion the school would remain in tact. There also was a very large classroom with theater seating. The whole football team could watch film together. There were classrooms the entire length.

The 10 foot concrete wall at the south end zone was like two extra DB’s.

10 foot concrete wall
Like of the legend of Dick Butkus running into trees for conditioning drills, another legend of the time had Rita coach Ed Buckley making his players run into that wall. I think the wall had dents in it, not the players.

Congratulations Brother Rice Crusaders for repeating as CCL/ESCC Blue champs defeating St. Rita 33-25.

Wear the 9-0 hoodies proud. Great season young Mustangs. Keep this one close to you through the offseason

BR has a very good QB. He has a great arm, and is accurate. Some big pass plays, but they are Freshmen and learning. Love the fight in not giving up. I was impressed with SR's RB as well. Johnson?

BR has some big boys.

Reactions: RockSoup
Great night of Thursday night football. Big thanks to BRTV, outstanding job.

BR sophs finished 8-1 with a 29-7 W over the St. Rita sophs. Good luck to both teams moving on to the varsity.

Back to back freshman BLUE titles for BR (22-23) and back to back soph seasons of 8-1. I completely understand this does not give anyone a varsity edge just more of a keep up the good work to all those involved.

Plenty of talent on every team at both young levels in the BLUE. Good luck to all in the playoffs.

Reactions: Silver Rain
I’m just relieved the BR lower level teams were able to overcome the need to fill some coaching positions that were eventually marketed on the football program’s social media pages. I was concerned both the frosh and soph team seasons were in doubt.

When you look at so many private school staffs, the in house teacher/coach is rare today. It is even more difficult to find guys who can get off work by 3:00. Add in the lack of or no stipend these coaches get. Difficult for all private schools.

Reactions: USD24 and tomloner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT