ADVERTISEMENT

Districts and Privates v Publics

DadCoachSports

Jun 29, 2020
Question: If Districts pass and Privates stay a part of the IHSA will this negatively or positively effect enrollment at Private schools?

We all know everyone attends a private school because of the religious education, higher level of education and amazing facilities.

But will areas where the public schools offer a better education and facilities start to draw some students back? If there is no more CCL football will it matter to some?

If Naz's district looks like Soucies proposal, I don't know how it couldn't have an affect on any high level football player in their hallways who's looking to be recruited at next level. And may force result in some transfers and deter some applicants who really care about that. They will definitely find other students to replace them though, and they're lucky to be strong institutionally with strong demand.

For other schools, some who aren't at max capacity, that could also mean less students and that's unfortunate. Seems like the 7A and 8A, and maybe the 6As will be better off in that regard. The new scheduled opponents won't match up to escc/ccl, but should be *good enough* in many cases.

So naturally it begs the question on if Naz decides they want to opt up next chance they get. 🤷 Same for many of the 3-5A programs. The one proposed 5A district 2 from Soucie looked *okay*, but that was the only one I think I saw at that level. Of course each 2 year period it's gonna be a near total crapshoot and you're never really gonna know if opting up even does that much. One year it might be a decent district and then next it could totally change as minor enrollment/multiplier changes easily affect every classification between 3A-7A (at the very least)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT