ADVERTISEMENT

CCL Freshman Scores?

St. Rita Frosh 42 South Elgin Frosh 0

South Elgin has very good size and great numbers. Mistakes and pace are all fixable. 6pm Game didn’t start until 6:40pm so you know the trip in was miserable. Good Luck to the Storm the rest of the season

St. Rita Frosh 42 South Elgin Frosh 0

South Elgin has very good size and great numbers. Mistakes and pace are all fixable. 6pm Game didn’t start until 6:40pm so you know the trip in was miserable. Good Luck to the Storm the rest of the season
It’ll be interesting for the SR Sophomores as the Marmion team is mostly freshmen with the exception of some line players and QB. It will be a great test for these Marmion kids.

Parked at BR to see MM v Marist last eve, BR frosh handled Viator. BR soccer was in a 0-0 battle when I was cutting through on way out. Br frosh looked like like a pretty good squad for a team photo perspective for the two plays I saw records seems to agree.

That area was certainly busy last night.

It would have to be on. Thursday during rush hour for full effect repayment 😀
Heavier traffic traveling out that way?
Oh yeah bad both ways at that time. But sometime in the late 80s the St. Rita Frosh opened up with the Elgin Maroons at 4pm on a Thursday on a no lights practice field. I know varsity played that Friday night there. Maybe Joe Allen’s team? Maybe a South Elgin coach was from that team and repaying that favor😂

• Haha
Reactions: Wittymoniker1
Oh yeah bad both ways at that time. But sometime in the late 80s the St. Rita Frosh opened up with the Elgin Maroons at 4pm on a Thursday on a no lights practice field. I know varsity played that Friday night there. Maybe Joe Allen’s team? Maybe a South Elgin coach was from that team and repaying that favor😂
Believe it or not, I coached on that field. When I student-taught at Waubonsie Valley, I also assisted with the football program (Freshmen 'B' team defensive coordinator). The Upstate 8 with all the Elgin's, WV, St. Charles, Lake Park, West/East Aurora and DeKalb, if my memory serves me correct.

• Love
Reactions: RockSoup
Most of Carmel Catholic’s JV roster are Frosh.
Some key contributors get limited to two qtr’s, so they can be flexed-up to V and still be eligible, if needed.
Good showing from that young group at Carmel Catholic.

Right and it really doesn’t matter. LMAO 🤣
You may be right in the end. However, if I know Rita's lower levels stayed very competitive against the likes of MC and LA, it gives me some hope for varsity.

And if Rita can be competitive with those two powerhouses, then she should be fine with the rest of the state. It also builds a winning attitude and spirit within the halls.

Having typed that, MC just thumped Rita. Not sure what the lower levels scores were the last two years, but if it was close, then poo poo on my point. LOL! Although the semifinal game was very close last year.

Reactions: Gene K.
You may be right in the end. However, if I know Rita's lower levels stayed very competitive against the likes of MC and LA, it gives me some hope for varsity.

And if Rita can be competitive with those two powerhouses, then she should be fine with the rest of the state. It also builds a winning attitude and spirit within the halls.

Having typed that, MC just thumped Rita. Not sure what the lower levels scores were the last two years, but if it was close, then poo poo on my point. LOL! Although the semifinal game was very close last year.
I hear you but there are so many variables between sophomore and varsity. It’s very hard to predict.

I have:
Saint Rita 21 Loyola 0
Brother Rice 34 Mount Carmel 10 (28-14 in another thread, I was at St. Rita game)

Frosh scores
MC Fr lost 28-14 I confirmed with a team parent. Soph game going on now, MC leading 14-7 almost half

Reactions: RockSoup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT