ADVERTISEMENT

CCL & ESCC schedules

Not sure if Rita's schedule was posted here or not. But, here is what I got so far in no particular order:

JCA
Richards?
PC
LA
BR
Bronco
SL

Anyone in the know, please confirm and add or correct this list please.
That's a humdinger of a schedule, but Rita will be very good this year.

Not sure if Rita's schedule was posted here or not. But, here is what I got so far in no particular order:

JCA
Richards?
PC
LA
BR
Bronco
SL

Rita opens at JCA. Great first game!

Rita opens at JCA. Great first game!
If Rita brings back a lot of what they had last year, I don't think it will be that great of a game, i dare say the running clock is a possibility. Also, why doesn't Laurence have Iggy on their schedule? Didnt Iggy beat them the last 2 years and win that division both years?

Last edited:

JCA
Richards?
PC
LA
BR
Bronco
SL

this year Richards at SR then in '19 at the Bulldog

If Rita brings back a lot of what they had last year, I don't think it will be that great of a game, i dare say the running clock is a possibility. Also, why doesn't Laurence have Iggy on their schedule? Didnt Iggy beat them the last 2 years and win that division both years?

Laurence moved to the green this year. The Laurence loss to Iggy sure helped them a lot this year, though. They would have had PC in the first round instead of meeting them in the quarterfinals. And StL shared the division title both years.

You are saying Rita will "clock" JCA?
......for the love of PJJP, what is going on?

You are saying Rita will "clock" JCA?
......for the love of PJJP, what is going on?
JCA has won a combined 4 games the last two years. Until they turn that around on the field, it's tough to refute the opinion that the Rita game will not be close.

I think it was just a one year agreement I believe. I could be wrong, but from my understanding it was a 1 year agreement.
From talking with a couple coaches at Glazier, it was a 2 year deal originally that Loyola backed out of.

Reactions: lkhammer57
How did it get this broken-this fast?
The 2018 team has a chance to be much better than the previous two teams. However, their schedule is extremely difficult. I would put their chances of making the playoffs at around 30%.

IMO, it's a combination of lower enrollment (although I hear next year's frosh class is supposed to be the largest since 2012) and other teams in the ESCC getting better. We shall see if the coaching change has a positive impact. You need to give Jaws a few years.

That’s what I heard. I wonder why.
Loyola doesn’t want to play a team that behaves the way they do. Sadly I’m talking about coaches and not kids. Constantly berated on twitter by drunken lunatic coaches is enough reason to cut ties. They’d rather play someone they respect, why give them a platform?

Loyola doesn’t want to play a team that behaves the way they do. Sadly I’m talking about coaches and not kids. Constantly berated on twitter by drunken lunatic coaches is enough reason to cut ties. They’d rather play someone they respect, why give them a platform?
This is not true. Game was cancelled a long time ago. As in not long after the loss.

Edit: I believe the drunken coach was ranting on twitter before the first game.

This is not true. Game was cancelled a long time ago. As in not long after the loss.

Why was it cancelled?

Sure was, he’s a moron and continues to be employed by Phillips. Loyola was not pleased with the people involved. You can think they’re running but it couldn’t be further from the truth,

Why was it cancelled?
Throughout the years CCL teams have typically scheduled CPS teams that they have felt they can get an easy win over because the blue is so tough. Usually the CPS teams are expected to do well enough in conference to get some easy power points for whatever CCL team they play. The last thing anyone wants to do is lose to a CPS team and then have CCL conference games looming.

Sure was, he’s a moron and continues to be employed by Phillips. Loyola was not pleased with the people involved. You can think they’re running but it couldn’t be further from the truth,
There’s plenty of other CPS teams with moron coaches that CCL teams have no problem with scheduling.

Gotta say I am not a fan of cancelling the Phillips game. Loyola doesn't avoid competition so I don't think they were scared of losing a game, that doesn't make sense. But I am curious as to the real cause.

Reactions: Bowie50
Gotta say I am not a fan of cancelling the Phillips game. Loyola doesn't avoid competition so I don't think they were scared of losing a game, that doesn't make sense. But I am curious as to the real cause.
I heard a rumor LA might open at ND vs Cleveland St ignatius. not sure if that was why.

Reactions: Cross Bones
I heard a rumor LA might open at ND vs Cleveland St ignatius. not sure if that was why.
That would be a helluva game. I would find that as an acceptable reason to cancel the Phillips game. Although I feel for Phillips losing the high profile game, they'll be able to find a quality matchup too.

That would be awesome, my nephew plays for Ignatius Cleveland. But I think they open at home vs Archbishop Hoban on Aug 25th.
Just checked with my nephews, and they have 9 confirmed games, and they play 10 in their regular season. I'm not sure when the open date is, but it's not week 1.

Last edited:
That would be awesome, my nephew plays for Ignatius Cleveland. But I think they open at home vs Archbishop Hoban on Aug 25th.
Just checked with my nephews, and they have 9 confirmed games, and they play 10 in their regular season. I'm not sure when the open date is, but it's not week 1.
labor day weekend b4 ND-Michigan. i havent heard anything else for a while about it though

It looks like October 6th weekend is the Cleveland Ignatius open week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT