ADVERTISEMENT

CCL & ESCC schedules

Read it

I know its confusing, thats what happens when a group of schools are playing with a short deck because of the rules, and when the IHSA steps in to rectify the situation, crybabies like the rat cry foul..

He is aware his school can only compete when they have an advantage and he doesn't want that taken away..

So even then, if they would get ALL of their kids from 186, thats a district they can draw from that has about 5000 kids and they drop down and play in 5A or 6A... sprinkle in a few All Stars from other towns, bam you have a state contender..

All.... Ahh but you have forgotten a couple of things in your little scenario. How many kids (you brought it up) that play football for SHG reside out of town. Your example tell me. And for that matter if privates did have the same boundary rules as did the publics how many of those kids now playing for SHG would fall into what would be considered their district. That is on you as well when talking about district student availability. Yet there is a 1.65 multiplier. You have a nice evening. I'm going to be late and I feel you have been educated enough for today . Ratsy

Nobody has said they don't have great coaching staffs, but put KL at any other CS8 school and he doesn't have near the success..
I like his chances for comparable success at Rochester.

Ya know guys... just because Huckleberry often has an unpopular position on subjects that most here disagree with, I don't understand why you want him banned. His posts are passionate, his opinion, and from his perspective. I think he receives far more personal attacks than he dishes out. I get that some of you are annoyed with the lack of political correctness and articulation of M(Walt)Wittman, but I believe it makes for a more entertaining board. Ignore or block if you don't want to engage. -Vote/FrankLenti/Oprah/2020

Your cheap shots at Frank Lenti are most repugnant. I always suspected you of being a cowardly little weasel and you've confirmed my suspicion.

Reactions: Bowie50
Read it

I know its confusing, thats what happens when a group of schools are playing with a short deck because of the rules, and when the IHSA steps in to rectify the situation, crybabies like the rat cry foul..

He is aware his school can only compete when they have an advantage and he doesn't want that taken away..
If I read it again, my head may explode.

All.... Ahh but you have forgotten a couple of things in your little scenario. How many kids (you brought it up) that play football for SHG reside out of town. Your example tell me. And for that matter if privates did have the same boundary rules as did the publics how many of those kids now playing for SHG would fall into what would be considered their district. That is on you as well when talking about district student availability. Yet there is a 1.65 multiplier. You have a nice evening. I'm going to be late and I feel you have been educated enough for today . Ratsy

You glossed over the fact that if ALL of their kids were from 186, they would still be drawing from a huge enrollment base and dropping down to play 5A.. And you are going to tell me they get no kids from the surrounding districts?? LOL

Luckily for the kids of the state, the people who do this for a living and are trained to make these decisions agree with me..

You glossed over the fact that if ALL of their kids were from 186, they would still be drawing from a huge enrollment base and dropping down to play 5A.. And you are going to tell me they get no kids from the surrounding districts?? LOL

Luckily for the kids of the state, the people who do this for a living and are trained to make these decisions agree with me..

All.... You seem to forget (not really) it costs $8,500 plus to go to the school. Some aid is available for those that qualify but many forego it for the free ride including Catholic families into the public school system.

Where did I tell you SHG "get no kids from surrounding districts." Quit fibbing it's unbecoming.

Nothing lucky, actually sad school administrators around the state put pressure (and continue) on the IHSA to adopt discriminatory policies against private schools. Ratsy

All.... You seem to forget (not really) it costs $8,500 plus to go to the school. Some aid is available for those that qualify but many forego it for the free ride including Catholic families into the public school system.

Where did I tell you SHG "get no kids from surrounding districts." Quit fibbing it's unbecoming.

Nothing lucky, actually sad school administrators around the state put pressure (and continue) on the IHSA to adopt discriminatory policies against private schools. Ratsy

Once again and you cant seem to grasp it, the IHSA is attempting to stop the discrimination within their system, kudos to them...

Your cheap shots at Frank Lenti are most repugnant. I always suspected you of being a cowardly little weasel and you've confirmed my suspicion.

You think it should be Oprah-Lenti?

MCC

08/24/2018 Fri @ Johnsburg A 7:00 PM
09/07/2018 Fri vs. Nazareth Academy H 7:00
09/14/2018 Fri @ Marian Catholic A 7:00 PM
09/21/2018 Fri @ Notre Dame A 7:00 PM
09/28/2018 Fri vs. St. Patrick - H 7:00 PM
10/05/2018 Fri vs. Carmel H 7:00 PM
10/12/2018 Fri @ MARIST A 7:00 PM
10/19/2018 Fri @ St. Viator A 7:00 PM

Open date TBD week 2

Reactions: lkhammer57
MCC

08/24/2018 Fri @ Johnsburg A 7:00 PM
09/07/2018 Fri vs. Nazareth Academy H 7:00
09/14/2018 Fri @ Marian Catholic A 7:00 PM
09/21/2018 Fri @ Notre Dame A 7:00 PM
09/28/2018 Fri vs. St. Patrick - H 7:00 PM
10/05/2018 Fri vs. Carmel H 7:00 PM
10/12/2018 Fri @ MARIST A 7:00 PM
10/19/2018 Fri @ St. Viator A 7:00 PM

Open date TBD week 2
Maloney going back to Johnsburg week 1! Should be fun to see that!

I'm hearing St Rita at JCA week 1?!
That seems to be the only game listed on the JCA athletics site. August 24. Is bishop mac still on week 2 and IC now off?

I like the idea of scheduling Mac. Didn't really like IC and rita is probably similar to IC. Just don' know if JC is deep enough to get through a whole season of the Escc plus a tough non conference slate. Plusbi think they are on the 3 to 6 win range next year so it's important to find that 5th win.

That seems to be the only game listed on the JCA athletics site. August 24. Is bishop mac still on week 2 and IC now off?

I like the idea of scheduling Mac. Didn't really like IC and rita is probably similar to IC. Just don' know if JC is deep enough to get through a whole season of the Escc plus a tough non conference slate. Plusbi think they are on the 3 to 6 win range next year so it's important to find that 5th win.
Bishop Mac out. IC week 2. Very aggressive

Good luck making the playoffs and staying healthy, as JCHillmen mentioned above, with that schedule.

One a bright note, it was mentioned at the alumni banquet they expect their largest freshmen class since 2012 next year.

Reactions: USD24
Yikes. That's worst case scenario. I legitimately think they would have a chance to make some noise in 5a if they get in the field. But if you start 0-2 there's almost for sure no playoffs again. This gives zero room for error.

I think they have a very good fullback. A wr/rb faster than anyone in the program in years, a big and experienced ol and quite a few talented pieces on defense. Biggest question marks qb and depth all around. Would have really been nice to get a patsy week 1 and a decent bishop mac week 2.

Reactions: USD24
Yikes. That's worst case scenario. I legitimately think they would have a chance to make some noise in 5a if they get in the field. But if you start 0-2 there's almost for sure no playoffs again. This gives zero room for error.

I think they have a very good fullback. A wr/rb faster than anyone in the program in years, a big and experienced ol and quite a few talented pieces on defense. Biggest question marks qb and depth all around. Would have really been nice to get a patsy week 1 and a decent bishop mac week 2.

Zero room for errors for sure.
16 returning starters and huge lines.
It will be interesting to see how much fundamentals and special teams improve.

Good luck making the playoffs and staying healthy, as JCHillmen mentioned above, with that schedule.

One a bright note, it was mentioned at the alumni banquet they expect their largest freshmen class since 2012 next year.
I know Marist , Benet, Naz all supposed to be good and IC also. Rita lower levels sophs & frosh each had 1 loss. So 5 tough games for JC right there. if JC can get in with 5 more then prepared for Bronco.

Last edited:
I know Marist , Benet, Naz all supposed to be good and IC also. Rita lower levels sophs & frosh each had 1 loss. So 5 tough games for JC right there.
Add ND to the list. They were undefeated on the lower levels last year and have Ty Gavin (ESCC MVP) returning for his Sr. year. I believe JC has MCC and Pat's off their schedule (not 100 % sure of that) in 2018. I'd say they are clear underdogs in 6 of the 9 games. Making the playoffs will be a challenge.

Per the JCA school website link:

1. St. Rita Home
2. IC Away
3. Viator Away
4. Carmel Home
5. Marist Away
6. Benet Home
7. Marian (Chi. Hghts) Home
8. Naz Away
9. ND Away

Could be 8-1, could be 1-8.....will they elect to play in the prep bowl?
They are ineligible.I talked to one of the CCL Prep Bowl guys and he said anyone who declines to play in the Prep Bowl has to sit out the next year too

St. Laurence Vikings

Aug 24th Benet @ Soldier Field
Sept 1st @ St. Joes
Sept 7th @ Providence
Sept 14th @ Marmion
Sept 21st Vs Hope
Sept 28th @ Fenwick
Oct 5th Vs St Rita
Oct 12th Vs Mt. Carmel
Oct 19th vs De La Salle

What is that, 8 playoff teams? 3 blue teams (well 2 current and one former).

St. Laurence Vikings

Aug 24th Benet @ Soldier Field
Sept 1st @ St. Joes
Sept 7th @ Providence
Sept 14th @ Marmion
Sept 21st Vs Hope
Sept 28th @ Fenwick
Oct 5th Vs St Rita
Oct 12th Vs Mt. Carmel
Oct 19th vs De La Salle

What is that, 8 playoff teams? 3 blue teams (well 2 current and one former).
With that schedule, gonna be real tough to get to 5 wins. I would say they are favorites vs Hope, Marmion and Joes. De La Salle is a toss up and dogs vs Benet, PC, SR, MC and Fenwick.

With that schedule, gonna be real tough to get to 5 wins. I would say they are favorites vs Hope, Marmion and Joes. De La Salle is a toss up and dogs vs Benet, PC, SR, MC and Fenwick.
And the team is really young this year. Really young.

Ramblers: Does anyone know LA's first opponent?

Week 2 on-

NT
MC
BR
Iggy
Broncos
Meteors
Rita
PC

This will be the third year in a row that SR and SL play each other. I thought crossover games rotate every two years? I thinking because of the MC-Bronco switch, this has occurred somehow.
And Laurence moving up to the green. I'm glad, because my guy REALLY wanted to play Rita. He was injured for their freshman game this year, and was devastated.

Not sure if Rita's schedule was posted here or not. But, here is what I got so far in no particular order:

JCA
Richards?
PC
LA
BR
Bronco
SL

Anyone in the know, please confirm and add or correct this list please.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT