ADVERTISEMENT

Batavia vs. MC

McCaravan

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
This game was getting talked about too much on the MC/SR thread so I figured I would give the game it proper own thread.

The main headline on this game is the “revenge” factor for Batavia. I won’t get into the final drive of last years game, I said my peace on it over a year ago. But wanting to play MC again for revenge is silly. MC did nothing wrong. MC didn’t cheat, MC didn’t play dirty or cheap shot anyone, MC didn’t pay off the refs. MC has been getting flagged for just about anything under the sun this year, nothing has been let slide. MC has played the last 40 years with a bullseye on their back. They are circled on every teams schedule and when they are beaten it makes many teams season. They are used to it. Revenge, if some want to deem this game as, gets your blood pumping but it doesn’t make you faster or more athletic. Revenge ends at kickoff.

I’ll chime more in on the actual game later but I figured I’d address this topic early in the week.

Last edited:
It seemed as though the "revenge" narrative was being pushed by a few MC posters. I don't think any of that matters this year even if the script is flipped. I think MC throws all of Batavia, and stops Batavia's offense that has been pedestrian this postseason.

I think the revenge factor is blown a little out of proportion strictly because it's a State Title Game. Haven't seen one Batavia fan post about it, it's been MC or your general football poster pushing that narrative. No doubt it's a thought, but I'd wager the "revenge" aspect is at about the bottom of the list of priorities in preparation or motivation.

I can't tell if some of you are sandbagging on the Southside or not. Taking lessons from Bones.

I am a fan of both programs. And I may give MC fans guff OTB, but they are tremendous like the Batavia group.

That said MC is a freaking unit these days and wins by 9

It seemed as though the "revenge" narrative was being pushed by a few MC posters. I don't think any of that matters this year even if the script is flipped. I think MC throws all of Batavia, and stops Batavia's offense that has been pedestrian this postseason.
Well, technically, going back to the SR/MC thread a Rita fan brought it up and then it was chinned in on by numerous posters and fans from a various of schools.

I am a fan of both programs. And I may give MC fans guff OTB, but they are tremendous like the Batavia group.

That said MC is a freaking unit these days and wins by 9
Epic,
Tell us how you feel about a few other teams, I haven’t seen a good meltdown lately.

That said MT Carmel BIG, BIG, BIG!

I want to hear from the h2O_tower! Come out of retirement.

Reactions: Silver Rain
Epic,
Tell us how you feel about a few other teams, I haven’t seen a good meltdown lately.

That said MT Carmel BIG, BIG, BIG!

I want to hear from the h2O_tower! Come out of retirement.
I support all teams except Riverside-Brookfield.

I like all fans except those who badmouth students.

Posters here? Well yeah we got some bad ones...

Reactions: Gene K.
I may have been one of the people beating a dead horse? I apologize. Be that as it may, I’ve never seen Batavia play this year. Besides their 2-D 1 linebackers, what are the strengths of their team? How will they respond to MC’s air raid offense?

I may have been one of the people beating a dead horse? I apologize. Be that as it may, I’ve never seen Batavia play this year. Besides their 2-D 1 linebackers, what are the strengths of their team? How will they respond to MC’s air raid offense?
I am not a Batavia fan but you have to also look at their returning starters. Believe it or not it makes a big difference. I think 🤔 they have a lot of returning players which in turn equates to experience. I am not saying the Bulldogs will win I actually picked MC, but this game will be closer than people think. 😊

Well, technically, going back to the SR/MC thread a Rita fan brought it up and then it was chinned in on by numerous posters and fans from a various of schools.
Technically on the technicality is the HOFer Jack McInerney mentioned it about 3 and a half quarters on the Marquee broadcast so time stamp that at 630ish. Then SSCFD (neutralish CCL supporter) added it in his game break down at 737pm and then the deluge.

Leave us St. Rita fans alone. We’re still stuck at 6:18pm Saturday evening. Walked into the office today with my 3 layers of thermals on. Someone told me it was Monday, I didn’t catch her name😂

I'm going with MC by 30. Unless proven otherwise this week, I still think MC vs. SR should have been the state championship game. Ridiculous MC, SR, and Rice were all on the same side of the bracket.
Lion4: to be honest, 7A was seeded 1 - 32 for these playoffs, which is the best scenario compared to what the IHSA as done in the past with the playoffs, so I accept that MC-SR-BR were in the same bracket.

Last year, MC-BR were in the same bracket and met in the quarterfinals, while SR avoided their rivals and had an easier path winning against Rolling Meadows, Geneva, The Hononegah and Prospect.

BR needs a few more kids in their school to be 8A while it looks, as though, MC-SR will be in 7A for a while.

With a true seeding process with taking into one's schedule into account, just maybe MC is #1 while SR is a #2 seed, which would make that championship game possible, assuming both teams advanced. But, 1-32 is what we have, and I do like it.

I believe you typed you were a Viator guy, so you are a part of the CCL, but welcome to the southside version.

I am not a Batavia fan but you have to also look at their returning starters. Believe it or not it makes a big difference. I think 🤔 they have a lot of returning players which in turn equates to experience. I am not saying the Bulldogs will win I actually picked MC, but this game will be closer than people think. 😊
Returning starters, in turn, equates to experience? What would we do without you, Corey? Also, doesn't MC have some returning starters as well?

The only way Batavia wins is if they pass the ball, I know they like to try to pound the ball but they have a fantastic QB that is capable of throwing the ball 20-25 times and carrying this team. MC is well coached and built to stop the run so Batavia needs to break tendencies and pass the ball.

Reactions: corey90
Rain is now predicted for Saturday, rain but no wind. Comments, criticisms, observations?

Last edited:
Rain is now predicted for Saturday, rain but no wind. Comments, criticisms, observations?
While not ideal we put 60 on a playoff eligible St. Viator in a steady to heavy downpour. While there is no way we’ll put 60 on Batavia MC did throw well in the rain. I have no idea how extreme this rain will be though. We won in windy games before, but the wind we played in against DGN was something I don’t recall MC dealing with in many, many years. We still fought and put up 24. The weather vs. BR was cold and flurries and we put up 48. The weather vs. Rita was artic cold for November.

As was mentioned above, Defense wins championships. If the rain is extremely heavy and if we can hold them to under 4 scores we will be OK. The only team to score 4 TD’s on MC this year was Loyola. We put up 4 scores on every team we played this year but SR last week. And as it’s been said many times if the rain is out of control “Both teams have to play in it”.

While not ideal we put 60 on a playoff eligible St. Viator in a steady to heavy downpour. While there is no way we’ll put 60 on Batavia MC did throw well in the rain. I have no idea how extreme this rain will be though. We won in windy games before, but the wind we played in against DGN was something I don’t recall MC dealing with in many, many years. We still fought and put up 24. The weather vs. BR was cold and flurries and we put up 48. The weather vs. Rita was artic cold for November.

As was mentioned above, Defense wins championships. If the rain is extremely heavy and if we can hold them to under 4 scores we will be OK. The only team to score 4 TD’s on MC this year was Loyola. We put up 4 scores on every team we played this year but SR last week. And as it’s been said many times if the rain is out of control “Both teams have to play in it”.
Accuweather calling for Intermittant showers wind at 9-12 gusting to 20 upper 40s to low 50s So typical for Chicago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT