Batavia Vs MC

MMA_Det

Oct 30, 2023
Well… we might as well start the conversation

Both teams appear to have very high powered offenses

Batavia’s motivation going into this contest might be at an all time high

There isn’t much video available on Batavia on YouTube

Thoughts on the game?

Batavia has an outstanding and experienced QB this year that will cause MC some problems. Of course they will be a huge underdog but don’t count them out. The absolute dismantling of Brother Rice was something to see and they’ve only picked up steam since then. Last years 7A title game was an outlier and not indicative of the Bulldog games I’ve seen through the years. These are the best two teams in 7A and MC wont be able to mail this one in.

Saw Batavia twice this year. Both against LWE and LWC. Measuring the growth of the team from week 2 to week 11 is hard to judge based on the competition level. I do know the Bulldogs QB is the real deal with some nice mixing of pass and run and is very athletic as well. Receiving core at WR and TE also have hands. If the defense can stop the speed of the MC running backs they will have a great chance.
It really should be a game at Batavia for a superb HS atmosphere…sorry Caravan your environment is old school senior citizen alumni…I should know senior citizens when I see them.

I see Batavia only beat Geneva by 3 mid season, a team CG just handled pretty easily. Not pumping my chest for CG or saying they are on the same level as Batavia or MC but I’m wondering what happened with that game. Maybe it was just a conference game with pumped up energy. I don’t know much about either but I lean toward MC in this one.

I see Batavia only beat Geneva by 3 mid season, a team CG just handled pretty easily. Not pumping my chest for CG or saying they are on the same level as Batavia or MC but I’m wondering what happened with that game. Maybe it was just a conference game with pumped up energy. I don’t know much about either but I lean toward MC in this one.
What you said about conference games and a crazy amount of penalties. The game was really never in doubt, even though Geneva pulled ahead for like 2 minutes of game time

Reactions: greatgig13
What you said about conference games and a crazy amount of penalties. The game was really never in doubt, even though Geneva pulled ahead for like 2 minutes of game time
Understood. I hope this contest is a good one.

Geneva played some of their best defense against Batavia and played from behind the whole time. Good tough game from the Vikings to hang in there.

Saturday in Cary was the worst game they played all year. CG got the offense going and Geneva couldn’t figure out how to respond.

Point being, it’s not a reflection on Batavia that it was a tight game in Week 6. This I believe is one of the best, if not the best team in Batavia school history. Ryan Boe got a LOT better and he has weapons. Batavias defense is physical.

Do not underestimate the effect of the untimed down in ‘21 and losing in Champaign in ‘22. This group is going to be ready.

A Batavia-Normal game would be make Hancock an SRO setting.

Reactions: greatgig13
I don't buy into revenge factor games. I don't buy into any team being more motivated, especially for a team like MC that I can guarantee you will be motivated for Saturday. I'm tired of hearing about the untimed 21 game, as is everyone from MC, that game had nothing to do with the MC team or staff, that was on the refs, and Batavia had their chance to cast their revenge last year in the Championship, and it didn't happen. Revenge factor gets you through the kickoff and then you have to play the game.

Batavia is a great team with a 3 year starter at QB, along with a solid supporting cast. MC is stacked at every position with very few weaknesses and are playing at home. This is like the MC/LA game. When talent plays talent, the team that plays better, makes fewer mistakes and is better prepared will win, who that will be will be determined Saturday, the Revenge factor has nothing to do with it.

I don't buy into revenge factor games. I don't buy into any team being more motivated, especially for a team like MC that I can guarantee you will be motivated for Saturday. I'm tired of hearing about the untimed 21 game, as is everyone from MC, that game had nothing to do with the MC team or staff, that was on the refs, and Batavia had their chance to cast their revenge last year in the Championship, and it didn't happen. Revenge factor gets you through the kickoff and then you have to play the game.

Batavia is a great team with a 3 year starter at QB, along with a solid supporting cast. MC is stacked at every position with very few weaknesses and are playing at home. This is like the MC/LA game. When talent plays talent, the team that plays better, makes fewer mistakes and is better prepared will win, who that will be will be determined Saturday, the Revenge factor has nothing to do with it.
I do with Batavia. If you know Piron, he knows how to spin it the right way. It's going to be an angry week on Wilson Street!

I’ll take MC by 10. I think this game will be chippy and we will see a lot of whining next Saturday evening!
I seen a few games on-line thru NFHS. There seems to me to be a lot of chipyyness going on this fall.

There seems to be more late hits and personal fouls. There is no place in high school football for taunting.

I'm I being too much of a purest?

I watched some Batavia recently. This is going to be a battle. Think MC-Com 2002 playoff game level. Batavia QB looks like he made a huge jump from last 2 years. Looks bigger, faster, stronger and is hitting guys in stride with precision. Their DL looks much better to. I believe bolstered by the portal.

Reactions: Irish LB
I watched some Batavia recently. This is going to be a battle. Think MC-Com 2002 playoff game level. Batavia QB looks like he made a huge jump from last 2 years. Looks bigger, faster, stronger and is hitting guys in stride with precision. Their DL looks much better to. I believe bolstered by the portal.
Having seen Batavia the last three years I feel like their line play is better this year but overall I think the last two teams were better. The Jansey kid was a great player and could take over the game, they don’t really have that this year. Batavia gets a lot of traction from the LWE game but overall the DuKane was down this year, I’d like to see them beat MC but I think they lose 36-20.

Reactions: kwamizee
Having seen Batavia the last three years I feel like their line play is better this year but overall I think the last two teams were better. The Jansey kid was a great player and could take over the game, they don’t really have that this year. Batavia gets a lot of traction from the LWE game but overall the DuKane was down this year, I’d like to see them beat MC but I think they lose 36-20.
Batavia is a pass heavy offense, last game

QB Ryan Boe threw for over 300 yards and WR Isaiah Brown had 5 catches for 157 yards.

5 different players scored touchdowns

MC has a game on their hands

It's hard to pick against MC this late in November especially at home and especially with the talent they have and schedule they play. This has become a fun game to look forward to the last few years and I am sure this one won't be any different. I just don't see anyone stopping MC besides MC and they do not do that often.

How long has MC been in the new digs to call it a home field? Do you have the playoff record of wins and losses at the school field? All questions bettors need to know…

How long has MC been in the new digs to call it a home field? Do you have the playoff record of wins and losses at the school field? All questions bettors need to know…
Since 2019. Including the Covid Spring season they went undefeated in 2019, 2021 Spring, 2022, and so far in 2023. They lost 2 games at home in 2021 Fall to Loyola and BR, both in the regular season.

Correct, but MC helps by putting highlights of last yrs game, this season, on Youtube and calling it the Batavian Blowout.

Is the CW playing any games this weekend like they did for Barrington vs Maine South last week? Would love to be able to have this game pulled up on my phone.

I think it will be a really good game, but I would say MC in a close one. JMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT