ADVERTISEMENT

Batavia Vs MC

I really don’t like Batavia’s offense. Too vanailla and lacks creativity. Will never win these games until they change on this side of the ball.

On the flip side, Lynch’s offense is so fun to watch. So much creativity and explosiveness. Does a great job of getting his dudes the ball in space. Hope he stays at MC for numerous years to come but…I don’t think the huskies will let that happen.

Reactions: Silver Rain
I’ll probably get hate for saying this but Batavia to me is bully that when they get punched in the face doesn’t know how to react, they have far to much talent to get the brakes beat off them by MC two years in a row.
And their announcer is a creep who has the same voice as Ted Cruz. Don’t buy gas from him. He said he was the gasman against rice. If you are driving through there, go up the road.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out that @MC63 is just looking to fill his trophy case by not petitioning up to 8a
Webster's updated their dictionary to include his term "trophy shopping" of which MC is the classic example this year. Playing in a class where they will win with essentially 5 running clocks or close to it. All while the real players of LWE and LA are slugging it out in 8A. It's a shame we could have had some great semifinals and quarterfinals if MC did what LA did last year and played up and if ESL's conference (and corresponding geographic isolation) wasn't so ridiculous.

The gold pants were awesome by the way. And Mt. Carmel Golden Aces are the only real Mt. Carmel. The other is (Chicago) Mt. Carmel.

Was shocked to see Montini and IC get arrested for shoplifting as they "trophy shopped."

We need a judge's ruling on whether St. Laurence playing in 4A is trophy shopping. Especially as a sizeable dog to Rochester. The only thing we know for sure is that MC is the only private school appropriately placed in their class where they will running clock everyone.

This is all tongue in cheek. Just to clarify so nobody takes any of these comments literally. Only one on this board will. For the record, I think it is fairly reasonable for MC to be in 7A. But anyone who even begins to have the words "trophy shopping" or "misplaced classification" slip out of their mouth must absolutely begin their conversation with MC not being in 8A. If anyone is to be asterisked, they would get the asterisk far sooner than Montini would have in 3A (which they lost anyway), IC would have in 4A (again, lost), or either Naz or JC in 5A (one will lose this coming Saturday).

Last edited:
The town itself would definitely garner the "THE" over a school, most definitely.

Nazareth, PA for instance. Have at it Pennsylvanians. I promise I will not meltdown.

Webster's updated their dictionary to include his term "trophy shopping" of which MC is the classic example this year. Playing in a class where they will win with essentially 5 running clocks or close to it. All while the real players of LWE and LA are playing 8A. It's a shame we could have had some great semifinals and quarterfinals if MC did what LA did last year and played up and if ESL's conference (and corresponding geographic isolation) wasn't so ridiculous.

The gold pants were awesome by the way. And Mt. Carmel Golden Aces are the only real Mt. Carmel. The other is (Chicago) Mt. Carmel.

Was shocked to see Montini and IC get arrested for shoplifting as they "trophy shopped."

We need a judge's ruling on whether St. Laurence playing in 4A is trophy shopping. The only thing we know for sure is that MC is the only private school appropriately placed in their class where they will running clock everyone.

This is all tongue in cheek. Just to clarify so nobody takes any of these comments literally. Only one on this board will.
On St. Laurence, they are playing in the class designated by the IHSA. But after enduring 3 years of tweets after test days about their record breaking test attendance each year, I wonder how that becomes a 4A classification.

Why do you let them get you every time? People love to troll you, and you always bite. Enjoy another fantastic season and ignore the noise.
Aren't you the guy who constantly complained about the visitors stands at BR, while our school had no stands, at all? C''mon.

What the hell is Piron, the Batavia coach, crying about here? He's wailing to the The Sun-Times' Mike O'Brien. It doesn't make any sense.

"Piron, whose team has suffered season-ending losses to Mount Carmel for three consecutive seasons, has issues with the Caravan’s style." ‘There might be some things that an awful lot of people saw that really didn’t look too good over there,’ Piron said. That’s just not how we play.

‘They might think they fly around and are physical, but there is a lot of stuff that goes on that doesn’t seem necessary. We have a lot of tough football games, and players hug each other after games and it eels really good. You won or lost a tough battle. This just doesn’t feel so good.'"

Last edited:
My toddler and I watched the triple header of LA/York, JCA/PC, and MC/Batavia.

He can't decide whether or not he wants to be a Hilltopper or Caravan.

He does have an obsession with 💩 so this checks out 😂

I really don’t like Batavia’s offense. Too vanailla and lacks creativity. Will never win these games until they change on this side of the ball.

On the flip side, Lynch’s offense is so fun to watch. So much creativity and explosiveness. Does a great job of getting his dudes the ball in space. Hope he stays at MC for numerous years to come but…I don’t think the huskies will let that happen.
Every year since he took over at MC it’s been rumored he was going to leave to NIU….people forget he left NIU to go to MC. NIU gave Hammock a new contract last year, they can’t afford to buy him out and hire a new coach, they don’t have that type of money. Plus if NIU wins their next game they are Bowl bound so I don’t see them making a change for awhile

Every year since he took over at MC it’s been rumored he was going to leave to NIU….people forget he left NIU to go to MC. NIU gave Hammock a new contract last year, they can’t afford to buy him out and hire a new coach, they don’t have that type of money. Plus if NIU wins their next game they are Bowl bound so I don’t see them making a change for awhile
MAC Head Coaches don’t stay long. That job could open up in a week, a year, 5yrs, 10yrs but it will open eventually and when it does he’ll be the first coach they call.

He left NIU as a position coach making around 100k. Lynch is a HC. He’s a tremendous leader and recruiter and relates so well to young people. When NIU offers 500k…he gone.

I believe yesterday was a bad day for “B” teams in 7A and 8A. Possibly playing at a neutral site or a reboot could result in entirely different results score wise. At this high level of play the games need to be weighed based on situational anomalies.

I believe yesterday was a bad day for “B” teams in 7A and 8A. Possibly playing at a neutral site or a reboot could result in entirely different results score wise. At this high level of play the games need to be weighed based on situational anomalies.
Honestly I think the moment was too big and once the mistake’s started it got away from them in a hurry.

Batavia had a huge and louod crowd - outstanding turnout - as close to a neutral field as a visitor cou.d hope.

"Situational anomolies" reminds me of Mayor Johnson in "Blazing Saddles" congratualting Gabby Johnson on his authentic Western gibberish.

If there was 4,000 fans there, 1700 were from Batavia and were just as loud in that tight stadium, so they had plenty of support. And since MC had about 3x as many flags thrown on them then Batavia then it certainly wasn’t home cooking with the refs. The site didn’t matter, MC won because they were they had the stronger team and played better yesterday.

MC had a far better team and was significantly better coached/prepared. Everything else is BS

Exactly…that day the “B” teams did not play well. In the case of Batavia I thought tackling and questionable judgements on 4th down early was a killer. Barrington had turnover issues. Never said MC didn’t deserve to win. A sign of things to come I believe was the second TD? that was a deflected pass that led to a great athletic catch and score. MC was not going to lose this Saturday…it wasn’t Loyola.

But after enduring 3 years of tweets after test days about their record breaking test attendance each year, I wonder how that becomes a 4A classification.
When does the annual "weirdest thread of the year" commence anyway? I feel like some on the board are standing outside their alma mater with a ticker counting up 8th graders. Yikes.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT