ADVERTISEMENT

Batavia Vs MC

I say Mt. Carmel opened this week at (-4.5) but I believe Batavia wins this time. Ryan Boe is real good, probably as underrated a slinger in the state as they come right now and Whepley is a problem.

If you know me, I won't exactly be said if I'm wrong here :)

The second half of this game is going to be the deciding factor
I tend to think in these games the first half matters more the underdog has to not get behind and hang in there. Then in the second half the pressure squarely lays on the favorite.

Last edited:
At what point does something that happened 11 weeks ago lose value?
Probably at the same point a 3 score win in week 9 loses value.

The St. Francis disrespect here is crazy.

SF just manhandled Nazareth 48 hours ago (no disrespect to the Roadrunners)

Score was 35-17 final and 35-11 midway through the 4th quarter…yet Naz is the team that should be considered PR’s toughest test to the crown?

….You’d think McMillen has these boys playing in their pajamas the way some people are sleeping on them.

Rap Game No GIF by Lifetime

I don’t get the obsession for Naz either. They are 4-5. People need to stop focusing on the past. They literally got manhandled at home in a game that in normal years would have knocked them out of the postseason.

Removing the transitive property…tough to say that SF wouldn’t fare better than Naz did against their schedule given SF beat Naz soundly. It’s less of a hypothetical because they played 3 days ago and SF beat them by 3 scores.

To come back with “well what would WSFs record be if they played Naz’s schedule?” The only logical answer given they played 72 hours ago and we know the result, is “better than Naz did”. It’s that simple.

If it were on FanDuel, I'd say Batavia would probably be +4 or +5 in this game, but I think it could go either way. While Batavia's current LBs aren't as highly recruited as last year, they could be as good. Jansey's little brother is a stud junior, and the other is going to SIU, as Edgy mentioned in his video. Also, Batavia is a better offensive team this year than last, and Ryan Boe has 29 TDs and 1 INT, including almost 500 yards rushing. MC's D is littered with D1 talent, but they will have their hands full all day. The weather looks nice tomorrow so the Bulldogs can air it out and they'll keep the pressure on all game. I know MC can pass, too, but they rely heavily on their RBs and there won't be many holes to run through against Batavia. As a DuKane fan myself, I'll be cheering on the Dogs tomorrow, and if they're crisp all game, they can and should win. I realize this is an upset pick but I'm taking Batavia and the money line!

Reactions: stl705
If it were on FanDuel, I'd say Batavia would probably be +4 or +5 in this game, but I think it could go either way. While Batavia's current LBs aren't as highly recruited as last year, they could be as good. Jansey's little brother is a stud junior, and the other is going to SIU, as Edgy mentioned in his video. Also, Batavia is a better offensive team this year than last, and Ryan Boe has 29 TDs and 1 INT, including almost 500 yards rushing. MC's D is littered with D1 talent, but they will have their hands full all day. The weather looks nice tomorrow so the Bulldogs can air it out and they'll keep the pressure on all game. I know MC can pass, too, but they rely heavily on their RBs and there won't be many holes to run through against Batavia. As a DuKane fan myself, I'll be cheering on the Dogs tomorrow, and if they're crisp all game, they can and should win. I realize this is an upset pick but I'm taking Batavia and the money line!
I believe Elliott has more TD passes then Boe. I think he went over 30 last week with his 4 TD in one half performance. MC’s passing game gets very little acknowledgment. Darrion Gilliam, 6’6 D1 receiver has double digit TD receptions and Maurice Densmore is extremely dangerous running and receiving. Add in Dupree receiving out of the backfield and their passing game is one of the best in the State.

I believe Elliott has more TD passes then Boe. I think he went over 30 last week with his 4 TD in one half performance. MC’s passing game gets very little acknowledgment. Darrion Gilliam, 6’6 D1 receiver has double digit TD receptions and Maurice Densmore is extremely dangerous running and receiving. Add in Dupree receiving out of the backfield and their passing game is one of the best in the State.
No doubt. Both QBs can run it too (Elliot better than Boe, IMO). Makes it very difficult to stop both

No doubt. Both QBs can run it too (Elliot better than Boe, IMO). Makes it very difficult to stop both
I’m a big fan as you get deeper in the playoffs running the QB, most teams have trouble accounting for the extra blocker and with only a game left getting your QB dinged up becomes less of a concern.

Hopefully its a good game and there are no late game ref hijinx or referee tomfoolery this year.

In a nutshell, MC probably has more talent; Batavia executes better and is better coached.

If MC plays like they did in the Loyola game, I would expect Batavia to win (probably by multiple scores). If MC plays to its potential, doesn't take bad penalties or put the ball on the ground, then I would expect the Caravan to win.

Game day! Here are my thoughts. As stated above I don’t, or never have, bought into Revenge Games. They are fun to talk about and make for good headlines and thread topics but at the end of the day, doesn’t make you any better or worse of a player, when the ball is kicked off, you have to play the game. I am a big believer on talent vs talent, and in this case, I think MC has more talent then Batavia and more depth. Batavia is a VERY good team, they will play hard and are well coached. That being said I think MC just has so many weapons and are so hard to prepare for offensively because they run about 30 different formations, I just don’t see Batavia being able to stop them consistently for 4 quarters. Ryan Boe is an excellent QB but Jack Elliott has comparable, if not better numbers. Dupree is one of the best RBs in the Country, Turbo Manning is a great RB accompanying him. MC has 2 D1 receivers and a Huge line with Kamabusi 6’3 300, Johnson 6’4 270 and Poholik 6’2 300.

Defensively MC has been outstanding all year. They have 7 D1 players. Parker Startz is as advertised at LB and junior LB Matt Mucha is having a great season. 3 DBs have D1 offers and Tavon Rice is one of the best DL MC has had. I just think they will be able to stop Batavia more times then Batavia will be able to stop MC offense.

There is always though “what if” factors that play in. Injuries, penalties etc. those we can’t predict so by all means this can go either way, but my call is MC 34 Batavia 21

If Batavia can keep it close, can lynch manage to stay out of his own way and not try to be the smartest man in the room? Quite a few questionable decisions in ESL and Loyola game

Reactions: McEvergreen
If Batavia can keep it close, can lynch manage to stay out of his own way and not try to be the smartest man in the room? Quite a few questionable decisions in ESL and Loyola game
At least he was man enough to admit it, said in the interviews players played their hearts out, this one is on is on the coaches. You really hate MC don’t you?

Just told my wife Batavia has a great program but they are lacking the the true playoff upset victory if you look at the strongest current or past public school programs they all had it, hoping the Bulldogs get it today but I’m not seeing it.

And now for the main event of the day.... get ready to rumble!! MC vs. Batavia! Hope both teams play their best and may the best team win.

Reactions: eireog
Looks like holding won't be called on the line today. Could be a high scoring affair if that continues

My eye test is MC has this one. Bulldogs are not controlling the line of scrimmage. MC is definitely more polished in this game so far. That bad play call by going for it and failing was just not a good coaching decision.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
There is an extremely large gap between LA, MC, LWE, and ESL and everyone else.
Yes and no the margin for error is just smaller against them. DGN and CG have played error free and pose legit threats.

Reactions: corey90
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT