ADVERTISEMENT

The fallout in Lake Zurich begins.................

Weeelllll, except for the conference call the parents had with the Dean of Students in September when he was made aware of the urinating on issues in the locker room and he chose to ignore it or downplay it telling the parents it was no big deal and had happened to him also. Him having a phone call about it and it being in their locker rooms kind of goes to the administration knew about it and knew it was happening on school property.
Norm: They knew. It will be interesting to see if it ever gets there, if they say they didn't know when they are under oath. Ironic, people with "Higher education" and smugness, thinking they are smarter than the general public doing something so stupid.

When such things are proven, I will do that. Right now I see a lot of accusations and little proven.

You really need to get your head out of the sand here. The position you continue to take is disgusting and indefensible.

Norm: They knew. It will be interesting to see if it ever gets there, if they say they didn't know when they are under oath. Ironic, people with "Higher education" and smugness, thinking they are smarter than the general public doing something so stupid.

of course they knew! that is the point. people don't resign ahead of getting fired over "nothing is proven yet" it strains credulity some of those posting here regarding it being a few isolated players and they were just boys being boys. I get the allegations of stuff going back 20 years, set that aside for now. Focus on the specific incidents this year, that in itself is completely reprehensible. Compound that with the utter refusal to cooperate with an investigation, its obvious what is going on. Until the members of the team are willing to own up to the issue, they open themselves up to what ever punishment comes down the road.

Reactions: Dr. Mirakle
The coaches, parents, and administration didn't know??? In fact, they don't know teens drink and smoke weed??? Majority innocent compared to a guilty few???

Come on!

The Dean of Stufents blew this off a month before the second egregious incident.

68 varsity football players knew... their parents knew after Oct 27... at least a smattering of sophs and frosh players knew, if not a majority. And if the "hazing" was generally directed at frosh and sophs, you can bet they ALL knew. The coaching staff knew, AND the administration knew, because the notified "adult" (in the loosest possible sense of the word) was a member of both. I'd bet my house that many classmates, girlfriends, and siblings also knew, having heard stories from players "bragging" about what they made their teammates do in the name of tradition, loyalty, and team unity.

That's hundreds of people.... hundreds of people who were aware of the events, and stonewalled police so much, that the investigation went nowhere. Stonewalled police to protect the players and the program. To me, that is NOT majority innocent and few guilty. That is most everyone involved guilty in one way or another... Guilty of a crime, guilty by association, or guilty of withholding critical information. That's why I would cancel football for at least 2017 if I was the Superintendent. I don't think it will actually be cancelled, but I would.

This team is going to travel to Palatine for a game on August 25? A Fremd administrator is going to meet their bus and show them to their LOCKER ROOM? I can't even imagine.

Opposing stud sections are going to be chanting "NO MEANS NO" and "NO CONSENT" and "WHY'D YOU DO THAT" all season. Should they get a TV game of the week? Should CSN send a camera crew to their viewing party when the playoff pairings are announced? What if the make it to DeKalb? What if Laurence Holmes is the play-by-play guy? What if they win it all?

"Congratulations Coach! We all know this program had a tumultuous off-season. But your players were tenacious, they were testament to perseverance, and they overcame every obstacle they faced. You must be so proud. That's quite a tradition of excellence you have up in Lake Zurich. Here is your giant trophy!"

Really? GTFOH

Reactions: Normdog
I hear he's keeping it close to the vest. He would like really good in navy and white
Stud hockey player which could be a factor in going to BR. Also BR offense has to be attractive to a QB. He would be 2 time all state and player of the year at BR.

Tested at NAz, which I assume you know already but where you test doesn't matter as much as it did before
But to your ring comment, 5A and 6A rings are cute but I would rather play against the big boys

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Tested at NAz, which I assume you know already but where you test doesn't matter as much as it did before
But to your ring comment, 5A and 6A rings are cute but I would rather play against the big boys

Somehow this thread turned into a scavenger hunt
for players that are possibly scared from a sick culture.

You already have a 2020 stud, don't worry he'll be the next star to lead you to the first round of the playoffs. Kidding kidding :D

Play against and lose round 1 ? Maybe he will goto BR due to all the "care packages" and jerseys they sent to his grade school for him.

Nah BR didn't send to his grade school. BR had him come in personally check all that out.
First round in 8A is alittle different then 5/6A, put your big boy pants on

There is a whole another family connection to BR for this kid. I hope to see him in orange and maroon

Nah BR didn't send to his grade school. BR had him come in personally check all that out.
Losing in the first round in 8a is more impressive than winning state in 5a/6a?

Stud hockey player which could be a factor in going to BR. Also BR offense has to be attractive to a QB. He would be 2 time all state and player of the year at BR.
This is a new one. Kid is in 8th grade and u are already declaring him a 2x all stater and player of the year? And this would only be possible at Rice...Gimme a break.

No but you are talking about one year, one team
You can't generalize a program for what happens in one year

This is a new one. Kid is in 8th grade and u are already declaring him a 2x all stater and player of the year? Gimme a break.
If we are talking about the same kid then yeah I am. If he plays in rice offense he will break records

If we are talking about the same kid then yeah I am. If he plays in rice offense he will break records
Hopefully daddy reads this board to see your sales pitch! Seriously though your frosh QB is legit. He'll start when he's a SR (probably next year and/or JR year too, I don't know your QB situation).

If 8a 1st Rd is better than 6a state title (or for arguments sake 8a quarters) how does my Friars 7a semi final run rank (we won't even get into where they should have ended season).

How about we let the kid make the transition from middle school/junior high to Freshman High school before everyone anoints him a two time future all stater.

Reactions: Gene K.
How about we let the kid make the transition from middle school/junior high to Freshman High school before everyone anoints him a two time future all stater.
Hey I don't blame Beano Krock because the kid is an absolute stud but I am suprised he's ready to put him over their frosh QB so quickly, I've been very impressed with that kid.

I think a little 5a team out of Peoria and another 6a team out of Crystal Lake may take offense to the 5a/6a
I think a team out of Peoria and another out of Crystal Lake may take offense to the idea that 5a/6a might be considered the Lil'Guys in comparison to the 8a Big Boys.

Cross over games
Look at rice schedule the last 3/4 years
Find one tougher
I'm a CCL guy but the Blue guys love to pimp out the Blue as if no other part of the conference exists. Approximately half your "conference" games come against crossover teams that quite often aren't very good. Rice plays a tough schedule no doubt but last I checked the goal was state titles not winning the IHSA RPI. I guess moral victories are important at BR though so carry on.

Blanket statements that include an entire class of football teams being inferior is ignorant. Schools play the hand that they have been dealt based on enrollment and geographic location......at least in the Public School sector.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT