ADVERTISEMENT

The fallout in Lake Zurich begins.................

So punish the junior high kids now too? This public lynching is getting just crazy.

If you only knew what happened both on and off campus - freshmen, 8th graders, current varsity players, you would stop being so comfortable with this situation. Yes 8th graders

If you only knew what happened both on and off campus - freshmen, 8th graders, current varsity players, you would stop being so comfortable with this situation. Yes 8th graders

When such things are proven, I will do that. Right now I see a lot of accusations and little proven.

I just think back to Duke lacrosse and people wanting that program given the death penalty as well.

Reactions: JJones1212
When such things are proven, I will do that. Right now I see a lot of accusations and little proven.

I just think back to Duke lacrosse and people wanting that program given the death penalty as well.

Yah dude it's been proven because......wait for it, wait for it, wait for it.......the school admitted to the inappropriate behavior and if you walk through the halls at LZ this is openly discussed.

If you want to just let this go and be fine with it then there is a special spot in a dark dark place for you and the LZ folks that allowed and condoned this.

Reactions: Dr. Mirakle

How about Baylor you ok with the 52 rapes on campus there? Oh wait bet you think that's ok because you haven't seen actual proof - oh wait the school acknowledged 19 were true.

I'm sure you're a Penn state truther too.

If I were a parent in that district there is no way in hell my kids are going to LZHS.

Have to believe CoM has or will be getting contacted by quite a few 8th grade football parents from LZ about attending school there?

How about Baylor you ok with the 52 rapes on campus there? Oh wait bet you think that's ok because you haven't seen actual proof - oh wait the school acknowledged 19 were true.

I'm sure you're a Penn state truther too.

BBCH77
You need to wake up if you think nothing will come from this. So the 2 kids that came forward are just making it all up. Yeah they really want all this sick attention. Maybe you are one the sick parents of the accused or worse yet maybe your one of the rapists?

HHSTigerFan:

The Duke lacrosse case is an inexact comparison.

In the Duke case, the stripper's story collapsed immediately under the colossal weight of the truth. In light of what has been exposed here, I doubt exculpatory evidence is forthcoming.

It became laughable once Jesse entered the fray and referred to the stripper as a "college student."

Ask yourself: Where are attorneys lining up broadcasting statements publicly defending the accused? It has been over three months since the first whispers emanated from LZ about what occurred. By now, if the accused had an adequate defense for their actions, we would have heard defense attorneys screaming those implicated are victims of false accusations.

I can't wait to hear the extenuation and special pleading in this one.

Reactions: Dr. Mirakle
My understanding is CoM is getting a freshman QB that is suppose to pretty good. Newt you have any insight on this QB?

Haven't heard anything yet. If it's the kid I was thinking of, he's going to warren.

My understanding is CoM is getting a freshman QB that is suppose to pretty good. Newt you have any insight on this QB?
I think very highly of Carmel's football program and don't mean this is in a negative way but parents of QB's that send their kid there need to have their head examined. Same story with Mt Carmel, I'll just never understand it, then they complain down the road when their kid doesn't throw the ball.

I am dusting off a vague recollection from a past incident, but, I believe with most insurance policies, acts with instances of illegality (breaking a law) or knowing illegality is often stated in the policy(s) as a non-covered event, meaning if you are knowingly breaking the law they will not cover you. At LZ there are many issues, but, their largest issue is going to be a person of authority (Dean of Students) knew of issues, did not address, let it continue which it did while actually escalating. Because of that they have opened themselves up to extraordinary liability. Their insurance might cover it, but, the policy provider might have a very good justification for fighting the claim. it was not a one off they knew nothing about.

To that same end, the reason the DCFS investigation is still open. I believe after the issues that came to light a decade ago, in Illinois statue was passed making it a felony for a teacher/administrator to not report known child abuse to DCFS or law enforcement, which may be why the Dean of Students is not responding to inquires at all.

That police investigation can be re-opened really quick once there is a valid record (depositions or trial testimony) or additional facts come to light. All they need is for one witness or co-conspirator to break and it will all come tumbling down.

BBCH your willingness to suspend all common sense and reason that "nothing is proven yet" after the resignations/terminations of several staff members is mind blowing. It is precisely that attitude that has allowed this type of behavior to proliferate at that school.

Post 234 by MYLOSON24 completely ends any further discussion because that's exactly how it's going to play out. Very well posted and someone who obviously knows the legal system.

BBCH77
You need to wake up if you think nothing will come from this. So the 2 kids that came forward are just making it all up. Yeah they really want all this sick attention. Maybe you are one the sick parents of the accused or worse yet maybe your one of the rapists?

2 kids is one thing, makes it no different than several other incidents that have happened in recent years. But now all of a sudden people want to compare it to Penn St that went on for decades? Have the football program shut down and every football kid in the district is punished?

Seems like many here need to take a deep breathe and wait to see what actually happened. Right now it seems like those directly responsible being punished and any admin that attempted to cover it up be removed is punishment enough.

2 kids is one thing, makes it no different than several other incidents that have happened in recent years. But now all of a sudden people want to compare it to Penn St that went on for decades? Have the football program shut down and every football kid in the district is punished?

Seems like many here need to take a deep breathe and wait to see what actually happened. Right now it seems like those directly responsible being punished and any admin that attempted to cover it up be removed is punishment enough.

If you think this is just two I have a small piece of swamp land for sale for you. Keep trying to diminish it. That's what keeps fueling these fires.

HHSTigerFan:

The Duke lacrosse case is an inexact comparison.

In the Duke case, the stripper's story collapsed immediately under the colossal weight of the truth. In light of what has been exposed here, I doubt exculpatory evidence is forthcoming.

It became laughable once Jesse entered the fray and referred to the stripper as a "college student."

Ask yourself: Where are attorneys lining up broadcasting statements publicly defending the accused? It has been over three months since the first whispers emanated from LZ about what occurred. By now, if the accused had an adequate defense for their actions, we would have heard defense attorneys screaming those implicated are victims of false accusations.

I can't wait to hear the extenuation and special pleading in this one.
HHSTigerFan?? Hahahaha!!

That would be great in your land of fairy tales and unicorns except for if you recall, the entire team and adults involved clammed up. If you recall the police had to close the investigation since no witnesses would speak. The players and the school are not owning up to what actually happened, they have stonewalled therefore there can be no direct punishment of those involved since they can't be identified in the short term. in the long term they will be as part of a trial. in the short term you suspended the entire program.

If you think this is just two I have a small piece of swamp land for sale for you. Keep trying to diminish it. That's what keeps fueling these fires.

Not diminishing anything, just not going to form a lynch mob for an entire school and football program like you and others want to do, rather will wait for the facts to come out, not allegations.

Only thing I feel confident about is that there was recent hazing. Those students committing those acts are being punished and will face criminal charges. School officials that attempted to cover up the incident have been removed. As of now, that's the correct punishment.

I have seen no proof that the coach knew about it, no proof that it went beyond current players. But all of a sudden we have people that want the program shut down?

That would be great in your land of fairy tales and unicorns except for if you recall, the entire team and adults involved clammed up. If you recall the police had to close the investigation since no witnesses would speak. The players and the school are not owning up to what actually happened, they have stonewalled therefore there can be no direct punishment of those involved since they can't be identified in the short term. in the long term they will be as part of a trial. in the short term you suspended the entire program.

Don't we live in a land where one is innocent until proven guilty?

Don't we live in a land where one is innocent until proven guilty?

The only thing that is worse than the actual crime is the cover-up which ensues. Heard of the term "blue wall."

And to our knowledge no kid has been suspended, expelled or punished as of yet. Even though the two who filed the lawsuits are subjected daily to threats abuse and taunts.

It's only a matter of time before the law catches up with the sick people at the center of this.

And I do agree that Dave Proffitt likely knew of none of this. The problem is, he is the head coach and if it's something that occurred on campus then it's considered in his watch. It sucks but that's how the world operates.

The only thing that is worse than the actual crime is the cover-up which ensues. Heard of the term "blue wall."

And to our knowledge no kid has been suspended, expelled or punished as of yet. Even though the two who filed the lawsuits are subjected daily to threats abuse and taunts.

It's only a matter of time before the law catches up with the sick people at the center of this.

And I do agree that Dave Proffitt likely knew of none of this. The problem is, he is the head coach and if it's something that occurred on campus then it's considered in his watch. It sucks but that's how the world operates.

And if you think the coach or any other adult knew nothing about it, how in the heck can you justify wanting the program shut down?

IF it can be shown that sexual misconduct occurred for 20 years like the lawsuit claims, then I can see the program being shut down for a few years.

And if you think the coach or any other adult knew nothing about it, how in the heck can you justify wanting the program shut down?

IF it can be shown that sexual misconduct occurred for 20 years like the lawsuit claims, then I can see the program being shut down for a few years.

The program needs to be shut down (your term) simply because of the lack of cooperation in something that is very serious. If there is NO effort to protect the individuals who have been abused already without protection then what do you suggest should happen?

The program needs to be shut down (your term) simply because of the lack of cooperation in something that is very serious. If there is NO effort to protect the individuals who have been abused already without protection then what do you suggest should happen?

You can't shut down the program and it will not get shut down....for the many reasons that have been posted by many throughout this thread. Can't punish the majority innocent for the select guilty few. You can ban them from the playoffs for a set amount of years. If not that....you can ban them from hosting any playoff games for a set amount of years.

I cant see them shutting down the program either. I do think that much deeper investigating into the kids who were involved and those that will remain must be done. Its a fine line because you are dealing with minors who are accused of committing felonious crimes on minors. Regardless of what happens, their will be a major stain on this program for a very long time.

And to further that point, what if something like this happens again? The likelihood that it will because those involved have not been thoroughly vetted is increasingly high.

I cant see them shutting down the program either. I do think that much deeper investigating into the kids who were involved and those that will remain must be done. Its a fine line because you are dealing with minors who are accused of committing felonious crimes on minors. Regardless of what happens, their will be a major stain on this program for a very long time.

And to further that point, what if something like this happens again? The likelihood that it will because those involved have not been thoroughly vetted is increasingly high.

Even in times like this, there will be a silver lining. Area high schools will create policies and procedures to make sure something like this doesn't happen in their school. Parents will have discussions with their sons/daughters. Coaches will have discussions with their players. Ultimately, improvements will be made.

Even in times like this, there will be a silver lining. Area high schools will create policies and procedures to make sure something like this doesn't happen in their school. Parents will have discussions with their sons/daughters. Coaches will have discussions with their players. Ultimately, improvements will be made.

Scottie

Couldn't agree more. If there is a positive out of this, then that would be the one.

Scottie

Couldn't agree more. If there is a positive out of this, then that would be the one.
But, the truly devastating thing is that it took something like this to happen to open up the lines of communication and make change. So many people and so many organizations are reactive instead of pro-active. I am not sure that will happen.

The whole nation saw the Penn State incident. You mean to tell me these policies weren't created after that? This is yet another example of people really not caring about most things or incidents until it hits home. Sad.

But, the truly devastating thing is that it took something like this to happen to open up the lines of communication and make change. So many people and so many organizations are reactive instead of pro-active. I am not sure that will happen.

The whole nation saw the Penn State incident. You mean to tell me these policies weren't created after that? This is yet another example of people really not caring about most things or incidents until it hits home. Sad.

In this current situation, I am confident, in fact I know, the coaches, administration, or parents had no clue this was going on. Just as much as coaches, administrators, and parents are clueless on the amount of kids that drink, smoke weed, pop pills or sext. Previous articles state that the bulk of incidents, raised by this lawyer, took place off campus, as does most of teenage deviant behavior. Hard to be proactive when you are clueless that there is even a problem.

I think some of it has to do with giving folks/ kids the benefit of knowing better. With so many boys on a football team, its hard to pinpoint what each player is doing all the time. Right now, it is hard for me to grasp the desire of boys on a football team would want to perform such acts period. I am sure the HC probably felt the same way. Somethings are somewhat considered unthinkable.

If kids are determined to do this foolishness, it will move from the locker room to someones house. You can put a ton of policies in place however, if the punishment isn't harsh enough, another version will take place at a later date.

Reactions: ScottieKnows
In this current situation, I am confident, in fact I know, the coaches, administration, or parents had no clue this was going on. Just as much as coaches, administrators, and parents are clueless on the amount of kids that drink, smoke weed, pop pills or sext. Previous articles state that the bulk of incidents, raised by this lawyer, took place off campus, as does most of teenage deviant behavior. Hard to be proactive when you are clueless that there is even a problem.
Tell me where the incident we are talking about took place.

The point is, the Penn State thing should have sent a signal. But, like I say, until it hits home no one seems to care. I realize that even if policies had been in place it's no guarantee the alleged incidents wouldn't have happened.

If you know they didn't know, why was there an attempt to cover it up?

Weeelllll, except for the conference call the parents had with the Dean of Students in September when he was made aware of the urinating on issues in the locker room and he chose to ignore it or downplay it telling the parents it was no big deal and had happened to him also. Him having a phone call about it and it being in their locker rooms kind of goes to the administration knew about it and knew it was happening on school property.

Have to believe CoM has or will be getting contacted by quite a few 8th grade football parents from LZ about attending school there?

Perhaps St. Viator as well. A little bit farther than Carmel, but not much. Straight shot down route 12 from LZ. There are parts of Deer Park and Kildeer that feed into LZHS that might even be closer to Viator than Carmel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT