ADVERTISEMENT

The fallout in Lake Zurich begins.................

Why is it that you want to prosecute these sexual predators, but not others? For months, you gave us the impression that being a pervert is a highly respectable trait.

Don't be a hypocrite. Time's running out.
Just when I think...again...you can't be a bigger loser, you prove me wrong.

Re-read my post, moron. I said I want to prosecute these people IF found guilty in a court of law. I am not prosecuting anyone right now.

Show me exactly where I gave anyone the impression I think being a pervert is a highly respectable trait. Find it anywhere. You won't, because it never happened.

You are not only miss drama queen, you are delusional.

The next time I see this woman in a silent movie I will look for you in the cast...miss drama queen.

Bara,%20Theda%20(Cleopatra)_01.jpg

Many valid points all around, and hard to find new terms to describe how sickening this all is.

One issue I keep coming back to is the reports of parents either not cooperating or denying any involvement of their sons.

I can't figure out, is this parents questioning their sons (these being those accused of the monstrous misconduct), and accepting the denials completely? Or, when presented with their kids' misdeeds, lawyering up in the hopes that they can cover for them? While I can't grasp the actual events that occurred, I keep coming back to the parents (and yes, the coaches, administrators and other adults) and the complete abdication of responsibility.
Very good post and very true.

Just when I think...again...you can't be a bigger loser, you prove me wrong.

Re-read my post, moron. I said I want to prosecute these people IF found guilty in a court of law. I am not prosecuting anyone right now.

Show me exactly where I gave anyone the impression I think being a pervert is a highly respectable trait. Find it anywhere. You won't, because it never happened.

You are not only miss drama queen, you are delusional.

The next time I see this woman in a silent movie I will look for you in the cast...miss drama queen.

Bara,%20Theda%20(Cleopatra)_01.jpg
Look over your posts from early November ... you weren't at all concerned about someone being a pervert. You love the guy.

Congratulations on the photo -- your young little minions find that sort of stuff amusing.

Look over your posts from early November ... you weren't at all concerned about someone being a pervert. You love the guy.

Congratulations on the photo -- your young little minions find that sort of stuff amusing.
You just can't help getting political can you? It is in your DNA. Remember, no politics here, idiot. Even though you think rules don't apply to you, they do. And I never said anything one way or another about what you allege. You were talking to yourself, like you usually do.

Pick another thread to have this discussion. This issue we are discussing here, is more important than your little rants and raves and political views. Take them somewhere else. Now, go take a nap old man.

Know this. If you respond to this post with more nonsense and your political views it will go unanswered. I am not going to engage with your idiotic views. This isn't about you.

Last edited:
Punish the kids because of the adults????

It's pretty sad that you don't see the "punishment" as being the young kids who were repeatedly butt and oral raped for years.

As mentioned, it's not about punishing kids it's about protecting them.

If you cancel the 2017 season the season like many people are advocating aren't you basically punishing the 2016 sophomore team who more then likely had kids abused by upper classmen who will no longer be in the school next year? This isn't Penn State where kids can transfer out to avoid punishment theses kids live in the community and the vast majority will be going LZ next year with a football program or not.

Not playing football is probably a better option for them than having broomsticks shoved up their rectums and forced oral sex.

I've never liked this argument. You can't fault regulating bodies from punishing institutions that lack institutional control. Hell, I don't even like the term "punishing". Its simply about protecting young children, and if it means cancelling a season of 9 football games -- "oh my God, the horror!" -- so kids aren't raped then you do it. Period. End of discussion.

It's that type of argument that kept women getting repeatedly raped at Baylor and young boys raped in the showers at Penn St. This "we can't punish other poor children by not letting them play a stupid game" attitude just led to more women and children getting raped. It's sick and it perpetuates the problem.

With that said, I wouldn't be opposed to the IHSAA allowing extremely liberal transfer policies to allow kids in that program transfer out to other public/private high schools in the area to compete.

Ask someone in the mental health industry if they would automatically call these kids sexual predators, that was my only point guys. You can call them a lot of things here, but by definition sexual predator is not one of them..

Yes they would.

Please, just stop.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/sor/faq....ec3011a9767f119f52dc796b3427829661b1#offenses

They absolutely meet Illinois criteria as a sexual predator.

Here are a couple of legal definitions in the state of Illinois:

"Criminal Sexual Assault, 720 ILCS 5/11-1.20(a)"

A person commits criminal sexual assault if that person commits an act of sexual penetration and: (1) uses force or threat of force; (2) knows that the victim is unable to understand the nature of the act or is unable to give knowing consent; (3) is a family member of the victim, and the victim is under 18 years of age; or (4) is 17 years of age or over and holds a position of trust, authority, or supervision in relation to the victim, and the victim is at least 13 years of age but under 18 years of age.
Sexual Penetration, 720 ILCS 5/11-0.1

"Sexual penetration" means any contact, however slight, between the sex organ or anus of one person and an object or the sex organ, mouth, or anus of another person, or any intrusion, however slight, of any part of the body of one person or of any animal or object into the sex organ or anus of another person, including, but not limited to, cunnilingus, fellatio, or anal penetration. Evidence of emission of semen is not required to prove sexual penetration.

Sorry, but they absolutely meet Illinois sex offender registration criteria.

Dissolution of the football team/program seems to have too many unintended consequences for those who had no involvement. Let the legal system and school code-of-conduct play out to deliver justice/consequences to the adults and students who are responsible. Ratchet up the supervision in the athletic areas to the level seen in the academic and common areas to prevent interpersonal, substance, and property offenses of all types across the campus.

Reactions: JJones1212
Yes they would.

Please, just stop.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/sor/faq....ec3011a9767f119f52dc796b3427829661b1#offenses

They absolutely meet Illinois criteria as a sexual predator.

Here are a couple of legal definitions in the state of Illinois:

"Criminal Sexual Assault, 720 ILCS 5/11-1.20(a)"

A person commits criminal sexual assault if that person commits an act of sexual penetration and: (1) uses force or threat of force; (2) knows that the victim is unable to understand the nature of the act or is unable to give knowing consent; (3) is a family member of the victim, and the victim is under 18 years of age; or (4) is 17 years of age or over and holds a position of trust, authority, or supervision in relation to the victim, and the victim is at least 13 years of age but under 18 years of age.
Sexual Penetration, 720 ILCS 5/11-0.1

"Sexual penetration" means any contact, however slight, between the sex organ or anus of one person and an object or the sex organ, mouth, or anus of another person, or any intrusion, however slight, of any part of the body of one person or of any animal or object into the sex organ or anus of another person, including, but not limited to, cunnilingus, fellatio, or anal penetration. Evidence of emission of semen is not required to prove sexual penetration.

Sorry, but they absolutely meet Illinois sex offender registration criteria.

Just telling you how it was explained when it happened at our school

Question for everyone. What if it's discovered that there are a few kids that were victims when freshmen and violators when seniors. How should they be treated/ punished?

Dissolution of the football team/program seems to have too many unintended consequences for those who had no involvement. Let the legal system and school code-of-conduct play out to deliver justice/consequences to the adults and students who are responsible. Ratchet up the supervision in the athletic areas to the level seen in the academic and common areas to prevent interpersonal, substance, and property offenses of all types across the campus.

Nope
I say the ban the football program. The school had their chance and totally looked the other way on the victims. If the IHSA wants to allow kids to transfer then so be it. None of the kids in question should be allowed to transfer period. This is sick stuff and should be treated as such with the hardiest of penalties. Football ink my book should be the least of their worries.

Reactions: LHSTigers94
Question for everyone. What if it's discovered that there are a few kids that were victims when freshmen and violators when seniors. How should they be treated/ punished?

Delt the same consequences as the accused. Sorry but being wronged does not give you the right. It has to stop and that means everyone who has performed these sick acts has to be prosecuted.

Reactions: Dr. Mirakle
Now you are into something else. If the offenders are 18 and the victims are under 18 it opens up another can of worms. Sexual abuse of minors.

Who would want to Coach this program? Imagine the looks and the treatment the kids will get from opposing teams. Not many schools outside of their conference will be willing to play them.

Nope
I say the ban the football program. The school had their chance and totally looked the other way on the victims. If the IHSA wants to allow kids to transfer then so be it. None of the kids in question should be allowed to transfer period. This is sick stuff and should be treated as such with the hardiest of penalties. Football ink my book should be the least of their worries.
It is easy for us to say, "they should do this or that to them" if they are guilty. What does the law provide? Maybe someone can help because I am no attorney and I am not going to guess. I am not even thinking about the football program until the alleged crimes are ironed out. That is more important in my mind.

It is easy for us to say, "they should do this or that to them" if they are guilty. What does the law provide? Maybe someone can help because I am no attorney and I am not going to guess. I am not even thinking about the football program until the alleged crimes are ironed out. That is more important in my mind.

That can take a year or more to iron out the specifics in court. So until then are you suggesting do nothing and wait?

Live one town over. In same conference. Have seen most of the LZ kids play since 3rd grade youth football. I coached, assisted (youth football) for many years. Needless to say what's being alleged is reprehensible and disturbing.
I came across this article and thought I'd pass along as the incident parallels what's being alleged in LZ and I found to be a good, relevant read.
https://goodmenproject.com/featured...le-football-shocking-lockerroom-hazing-abuse/

Last edited:
Live one town over. In same conference. Have seen most of the LZ kids play since 3rd grade youth football. I coached, assisted for many years. Needless to say what's being alleged is reprehensible and disturbing.
I came across this article and thought I'd pass along as the incident parallels what's being alleged in LZ and I found to be a good, relevant read.
https://goodmenproject.com/featured...le-football-shocking-lockerroom-hazing-abuse/
Thank you for posting this link!

Live one town over. In same conference. Have seen most of the LZ kids play since 3rd grade youth football. I coached, assisted (youth football) for many years. Needless to say what's being alleged is reprehensible and disturbing.

Myloson24
Unbelievable thank you for posting. This is what I have been saying. Hazing/bullying sucks and what follows in many cases is just gross and sick. This behavior has no value and should never be allowed in our schools. I gain hazing/bullying is not allowed in the work place why would anyone think it's okay in school. This behavior leads to bad things just look how bad it can turn.

Are you talking about the football program?

Yes, you were saying wait until everything is sorted out before dealing with the football program. I am asking what action should take place while the courts sort everything out?

Wait until they see the lawsuit damages. It will be in the millions. How's that for allowing this stupid sick ritual. Forget the football program they will be lucky to keep their doors open. Maybe that will wake these people up!

The school district and the town should get used to seeing monthly bills like this leading up to trial. They will see monthly bills like this for a year or more, then compound it several times when they lose millions....it is going to be (and should be) very financially painful.

The school district and the town should get used to seeing monthly bills like this leading up to trial. They will see monthly bills like this for a year or more, then compound it several times when they lose millions....it is going to be (and should be) very financially painful.
Surprised they are only paying $295/hour. Someone must know someone.

There is a bottomless pit of money they have access too. The dreaded pot is called "property taxes" It's amazing how municipalities can manipulate it from a value and/or a levy rate.

During the Great Recession - did your property taxes drop? Mine didn't (ok a very slight drop for only one year). Yes everyone's property values dropped - but most towns manipulated the levy rate to keep as much property tax money coming in as possible. I looked at the levy rate in 2007 and again in 2009/2010 and was absolutely shocked as I was wondering why the hell my property tax bill was not dropping with the propert value and I got my answer in the levy rate. (Also they average the property value over 3 years)

Insurance companies will bear the brunt of the cost

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...g-hiring-successors-tl-0209-20170208-story.ht

The reality is this- there is virtually zero chance that LZ imposes any type of self sanction(s) or program punishment. The legal process will likely take a significant amount of time, will likely not get to a trial, will include an admittance of no wrong doing,and will likely yield a strict confidentiality clause as part of the agreement; unless an exception can be argued, agreed to by a judge.
This might apply under rule 3.6:
The exceptions to the "no publication" rule are based on the important social interests in having information about certain lawsuits disseminated to the public. As the comments to Rule 3.6 state: "there are vital social interests served by the free dissemination of information about events having legal consequences and about legal proceedings themselves. The public has a right to know about threats to its safety and measures aimed at assuring its security. It also has a legitimate interest in the conduct of judicial proceedings, particularly in matters of general public concern. Furthermore, the subject matter of legal proceedings is often of direct consequence in debate and deliberation over questions of public policy."

As much as it pains me to say, acknowledge, this is now just business. Rommenucci took the case not as a crusade to make the world a better place- it's a personal injury claim in which the goal is to obtain a settlement that ultimately he feels fairly compensates his clients, and by doing so yields ample service fees for the lawyer as well. This is his Maine West case all over again. Period.

Remember- after "thorough" police investigation, no criminal charges were filed. A settlement will not change that.

Barring IHSA intervention- which is unlikely unless something criminal is proven, not merely alleged, there WILL be football in LZ next fall. How we feel about it is irrelevant. We can conjecture, debate all we want but I have a strong feeling that the stands will still be full and the lights will still be shining bright on Friday nights.
Not to mention that if indeed allowed to play, I believe the 2017 LZ team to be a very talented team that has a legit shot at making a state title run in 7a...

I am not from LZ, as previously mentioned I am in same conference and have great familiarity w/ the kids, the culture, the program. I used to have great respect as well. In addition, I do not wish the above to be true, rather is what I foresee to be the calculated outcome. If wrong, I won't be disappointed...

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottieKnows
http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...g-hiring-successors-tl-0209-20170208-story.ht

The reality is this- there is virtually zero chance that LZ imposes any type of self sanction(s) or program punishment. The legal process will likely take a significant amount of time, will likely not get to a trial, will include an admittance of no wrong doing,and will likely yield a strict confidentiality clause as part of the agreement; unless an exception can be argued, agreed to by a judge.
This might apply under rule 3.6:
The exceptions to the "no publication" rule are based on the important social interests in having information about certain lawsuits disseminated to the public. As the comments to Rule 3.6 state: "there are vital social interests served by the free dissemination of information about events having legal consequences and about legal proceedings themselves. The public has a right to know about threats to its safety and measures aimed at assuring its security. It also has a legitimate interest in the conduct of judicial proceedings, particularly in matters of general public concern. Furthermore, the subject matter of legal proceedings is often of direct consequence in debate and deliberation over questions of public policy."

As much as it pains me to say, acknowledge, this is now just business. Rommenucci took the case not as a crusade to make the world a better place- it's a personal injury claim in which the goal is to obtain a settlement that ultimately he feels fairly compensates his clients, and by doing so yields ample service fees for the lawyer as well. This is his Maine West case all over again. Period.

Remember- after "thorough" police investigation, no criminal charges were filed. A settlement will not change that.

Barring IHSA intervention- which is unlikely unless something criminal is proven, not merely alleged, there WILL be football in LZ next fall. How we feel about it is irrelevant. We can conjecture, debate all we want but I have a strong feeling that the stands will still be full and the lights will still be shining bright on Friday nights.
Not to mention that if indeed allowed to play, I believe the 2017 LZ team to be a very talented team that has a legit shot at making a state title run in 7a...

I am not from LZ, as previously mentioned I am in same conference and have great familiarity w/ the kids, the culture, the program. I used to have great respect as well. In addition, I do not wish the above to be true, rather is what I foresee to be the calculated outcome. If wrong, I won't be disappointed...

Incredibly well posted. Heard recently that this will conclude with 30 hours of sensitivity and community service training. After that it all goes away as football wins

Incredibly well posted. Heard recently that this will conclude with 30 hours of sensitivity and community service training. After that it all goes away as football wins
IHSA should put some sort of penalty on them. Similar to NCAA. I say no post season play for a time of 5 years.

IHSA should put some sort of penalty on them. Similar to NCAA. I say no post season play for a time of 5 years.

At this point it would be hard to do it without any formal criminal complaints. I gotta believe they are watching this very closely.

At this point it would be hard to do it without any formal criminal complaints. I gotta believe they are watching this very closely.
You're right but simply put a few adults losing their job isn't enough recourse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT