ADVERTISEMENT

We're 17th! (and you're not)

Demanding that you prove an accusation against me is bullying? Grow up.
I would think demanding anything is a form of bullying. But I won't be a big baby like you and cry about it. You are nothing more than a loud gas bag. I have seen you lose your mind many times here. I don't know. Is calling guys punks a form of bullying? You act like you're an expert on the subject.

This is hilarious. I am laughing out loud now.

You are a 74 year old man still arguing and screaming about your high school football team's number of all time wins. Just who really needs to grow up?

You argue like a teenager. Just who really needs to grow up?

You whine and cry whenever you are losing an argument, which is all the time. Just who really needs to grow up?

You accuse people of behavior you constantly display. Just who needs to grow up?

You always think you are being picked on. Just who needs to grow up?

You act like your opinion here is law. Just who really needs to grow up?

Something rotten happens to the Bears when you are watching and you throw a fastball with the Tribune into the wall. I can only imagine what you did when they lost the Super Bowl a number of years ago. Definitely childish.

The grudges you hold and the abject hatred you show others who disagree with you is childish. Just who really needs to grow up?

You are the most negative person on this board and the biggest crab ass by far. You are so far out on front of the rest us that we can't even see your dust anymore. Just who really needs to grow up?

And here we are once again. You are accusing someone of the bad behavior you constantly display.

Don't tell anyone here to grow up when you still haven't...at 74 frickin' years old.

Did you mention that I'm 74? Are you sure?

[QUOTE Any way you slice it MC is on of the top programs in Illinois. 2nd in all time wins (behind ESL) and 2nd in State Titles (behind JCA) and only program in the top 4 of both categories. You can hate the program as much as you want but you can’t argue with numbers.

Caravan8 - the facts you posted need to be analyzed. First, while ESL has about 20 more total victories than us, they've been playing football (according to one of their posters) for twenty years longer than us. They should have a hundred more victories. Secondly, our accomplishments were made in the very top conference in the state. No conference in Illinois comes close to the Chicago Catholic League over the past century. Regarding JCA, and I've said this many, many times, their 14 championships need to be held up to the light. Since the IHSA went to eight classes in 2001, JCA has won five state championships -- four of them in 5A. They -played 7A competition in September and October and then they're allowed to slide down two notches in November. They're not alone. Providence and Montini did the same. I mean no disrespect to those players or coaches -- but the administrators should be embarrassed. BTW, what's really hard to fathom is that these schools didn't win all the 5A titles over those years.

Now, the posters from the other schools will respond with their usual nonsense.[/QUOTE]

Over the weekend I took it upon myself to contact the administrators from Providence, Montini and JCA. After explaining to them the unbelievably important discussion which was taking place on a high school football message board, they all stated that they were NOT embarrassed by their 5A state championships.

Over the weekend I took it upon myself to contact the administrators from Providence, Montini and JCA. After explaining to them the unbelievably important discussion which was taking place on a high school football message board, they all stated that they were NOT embarrassed by their 5A state championships.

Seriously?

This is the data that counts:
[1.] 761, East St. Louis (Senior), 1925-2016 (761-199-36)
[2.] 734, Chicago (Mount Carmel), 1924-2016 (734-240-31)

So with one less season, ESL is up in the win column. That's indisputable math.

My reference to 100 years was based on Belleville West's 100 years of football that was celebrated in 2016. They've been playing East Saint Louis for the Alton Southern Bell trophy for as long. So while those games might not have counted as "high school games" but more clubs, the games were played.

https://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article105192376.html

Except that there are records of the Bell game ...

That we don't know much about other than that game results.
What we do know for this topic is the years in which the wins were recorded. It clearly states that the 761 wins are from 1925. No one knows the total wins prior to 1925 to make adjustments to 761.

This is the data that counts:
[1.] 761, East St. Louis (Senior), 1925-2016 (761-199-36)
[2.] 734, Chicago (Mount Carmel), 1924-2016 (734-240-31)

So with one less season, ESL is up in the win column. That's indisputable math.

My reference to 100 years was based on Belleville West's 100 years of football that was celebrated in 2016. They've been playing East Saint Louis for the Alton Southern Bell trophy for as long. So while those games might not have counted as "high school games" but more clubs, the games were played.

https://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article105192376.html
So, if this data is correct it blows away MC63's assertion that ESL has been playing for 20 more years than MC. And it looks like it's MC that has actually played one extra season.

So, if this data is correct it blows away MC63's assertion that ESL has been playing for 20 more years than MC. And it looks like it's MC that has actually played one extra season.

This is absolutely the case for the most wins in the state data. If either team played prior to the data presented, someone will have to manually count the totals which most likely can't be proven.

Fella, they were playing back then - 1916, in Belleville, which was established after ESL.

The data quoted is from IHSA. That's as apples to apples as you can get - from the start of their record-keeping until present. That's verifiable data. Tell me how that is incorrect.

Wow an extra year with less wins.... someone wont be able to sleep tonight

Fella, they were playing back then - 1916, in Belleville, which was established after ESL.

The data quoted is from IHSA. That's as apples to apples as you can get - from the start of their record-keeping until present. That's verifiable data. Tell me how that is incorrect.

Your words. Don't try weaseling out of it. You brought up the games against men's teams, not me.

Your words. Don't try weaseling out of it. You brought up the games against men's teams, not me.
I absolutely do not deny saying that. That was a reference to the "early aughts." So what's your point?

When comparing apples to apples, MC is WAY behind.

OH - are you saying you based your arguments (self-worth) on internet board statements without actually looking at official data?

Dear Lord ... I hope you don't day trade and someone has power of attorney for you.

I absolutely do not deny saying that. That was a reference to the "early aughts." So what's your point?

When comparing apples to apples, MC is WAY behind.

OH - are you saying you based your arguments (self-worth) on internet board statements without actually looking at official data?

Dear Lord ... I hope you don't day trade and someone has power of attorney for you.

Weasel.

R U Seriously serious?
source.gif

I do not dispute being 74 … if you could read ...
And you didn't dispute anything else. Don't cherry pick my comments to try and benefit yourself. It won't work.

And I read you loud and clear.

Last edited:

Are you really 74 and on a high school free messaging board debating whether Mount Carmel is the top high school football program in the State? And throwing around insults at other posters as well? What the hell did you learn at Mount Carmel about how to treat other people? I'm sure Our Lady is proud of her 74-year-old son rampaging all over this thread about the merits of Caravan football. Look, Mount Carmel had a great year, won the State Title and has a place in the pantheon of the great high school football programs in Illinois. At the end of the day, who cares? ESL can stake its claim as can Joliet Catholic, Rochester, LWE, Loyola and probably a dozen other programs I'm forgetting about. Put this thing to bed man and find something better to do with your life. I'm sure when your life ends and you walk through the pearly gates, the first thing Our Lady is going to do is congratulate you on your fine advocacy of Mount Carmel football. Peace.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT