Lawaun Powell Jr.,
50 receptions, 799 yards, avg. 16.0

Antonio Johnson,
40 receptions, 837 yards, avg. 20.9

Keontez Lewis
39 receptions, 826 yards, avg. 21.2

Dominic Lovett
73 receptions, 1541 yards, avg. 21.1

DaMonta Witherspoon ran for 1742 yards, averaging 7.6 a carry.

Behind a line that averaged 300+ pounds.

And of course, the straw that stirs the drink, is Tyler Macon.

In the 6A championship game it looked as if the ESL O line outweighed the PR D line by nearly 100 pounds per man. Nobody wants the consolation prize but PR should be proud that they kept it close until about 6:00 into the fourth quarter.

In the 6A championship game it looked as if the ESL O line outweighed the PR D line by nearly 100 pounds per man. Nobody wants the consolation prize but PR should be proud that they kept it close until about 6:00 into the fourth quarter.

Yes, PR did a good job of keeping ESL’s offense off the field. But, ESL still scored virtually twice the amount of PR while only possessing the ball slightly less than half the time as them.

https://www.ihsa.org/data/fb/6AFinal.pdf

Last edited:
That was a friendly way of minimizing PR’s efforts. Props to ESL again for being great.

I really wasn’t trying to be sarcastic. They executed a solid game plan against us until our defense made some key stops and forced a few turnovers starting in the second half. We were gridlocked at 14 at the half, which was the first time all season for us.

I remember he once said that his mother went to ESL, which makes him a legacy, I guess. But I'd say it's a bit of a stretch, more of a "they" than a "we."

Last edited:
Illinois...(or STL area...)
Where you're this proud to be the 17TH best high school team in the nation...

:D

True national powerhouses would puke if they were 17th.

(In reality it is a worthy accomplishment, but nothing to try and boast about - I know Crusader wasn't being 100% serious, I hope...)

Illinois...(or STL area...)
Where you're this proud to be the 17TH best high school team in the nation...

:D

True national powerhouses would puke if they were 17th.

(In reality it is a worthy accomplishment, but nothing to try and boast about - I know Crusader wasn't being 100% serious, I hope...)
ESL is ranked in the top .01% of the schools in the nation. Crusader was not being sarcastic that is something to be damn proud of!!!!!

this school is from a lower income area and they have to fight tooth and nail for everything. These other schools you speak of for the most part have tons of money and resources and recruit.

ESL is ranked in the top .01% of the schools in the nation. Crusader was not being sarcastic that is something to be damn proud of!!!!!

I agree that it's something to be proud of, but not to boast about "and you're not" - which is what I assume he was kidding about.

My point was that the true dominant HS football teams like Mater Dei/Bishop Gorman/etc would be upset with being 17th, while ESL (really Crusader) couldn't be happier.

The top 5 teams can laugh in ESL's 17th place face.

I agree that it's something to be proud of, but not to boast about "and you're not" - which is what I assume he was kidding about.

My point was that the true dominant HS football teams like Mater Dei/Bishop Gorman/etc would be upset with being 17th, while ESL (really Crusader) couldn't be happier.

The top 5 teams can laugh in ESL's 17th place face.
Why are you trying to diminish what they’ve done. As I’ve stated ESL doesn’t have the resources that the schools you speak of do. Apples and oranges.

Why are you trying to diminish what they’ve done. As I’ve stated ESL doesn’t have the resources that the schools you speak of do. Apples and oranges.

I'm not diminishing anything.

I'm playing devil's advocate, so to speak.

He is boasting that ESL is better than every other team in IL. I am reminding him that there are 16 other teams that can boast about being better than ESL.

Lol. Here we go...

The ONLY way to literally prove it is to beat LWE and ESL (and maybe Warren). This cannot and will not happen, so they have not proved it. All that they literally proved was that they won the 7A state championship.

We were #2 and we fully destroyed #3. Relatively speaking, LWE, wasn't that impressive against #4.

ADVERTISEMENT