ADVERTISEMENT

The RockSoup® Week 6 CCL/ESCC Prediction Thread presented by Ignazio®

Does the MC/BR rivalry have more fire recently than the MC /SR rivalry? As an observer of such things I’d have to say maybe!!

This goes back for many years. MC and SR had the pick of the litter in BR backyard because they out worked the other schools on the recruiting trail. Some schools like BR weren’t even on the trail yet.

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
This doesn’t seem like friendly banter 😂

Theres a lot of young men and their families that are very appreciative of the life lessons learned through the BR football program the last decade or so. Built on Faith, family, football.. it’s one thing to say it but another to live it.

I guess you are right, there’s no hardware to show for it but a few semis and a 2nd place finish
But I think and a lot of people would agree there are so many things to be proud of
Without a doubt. Coach Badke did amazing things at BR and turned a dormant program around. Brought in amazing talent and did wonderful things for 99th street. Just don’t understand why he/they don’t hang their hats on that. Keep everyone else out of the success he had. “Owning” anyone just isn’t a good look wether it’s an athlete or a school obsessed with 6410.

This goes back for many years. MC and SR had the pick of the litter in BR backyard because they out worked the other schools on the recruiting trail. Some schools like BR weren’t even on the trail yet.
Questionable statement at best. Implying that BR wasn’t on the recruiting trail prior to Badke is just false. Many kids flock to a winning tradition at MC. Did BR beef up its efforts under Badke? Without a doubt. Brian did an amazing job at BR. Why they’re obsessed with their success against 6410 in the past few years undermines their efforts IMO.

Without a doubt. Coach Badke did amazing things at BR and turned a dormant program around. Brought in amazing talent and did wonderful things for 99th street. Just don’t understand why he/they don’t hang their hats on that. Keep everyone else out of the success he had. “Owning” anyone just isn’t a good look wether it’s an athlete or a school obsessed with 6410.
I wouldn't call BR dormant when Badke took over. Nye did very well for himself. Badke wasn't very successful in the playoffs until 2018. 2017 could have been the worst year in BR history.

Badke was the guy touting owning 6410 not BR. That was after Brian left the program as well.

I wouldn't call BR dormant when Badke took over. Nye did very well for himself. Badke wasn't very successful in the playoffs until 2018. 2017 could have been the worst year in BR history.

Badke was the guy touting owning 6410 not BR. That was after Brian left the program as well.
Really? Long time ago I seem to remember BR being a door mat during his years? I coukd be mistaken.

I seem to remember a number 1 BR team being eliminated at home by Fremd in the first round in the years you stated? Brian touting owning 6410….. He may as well still been the face of the program.

Really? Long time ago I seem to remember BR being a door mat during his years? I coukd be mistaken.

I seem to remember a number 1 BR team being eliminated at home by Fremd in the first round in the years you stated? Brian touting owning 6410….. He may as well still been the face of the program.
The #1 team losing to Fremd was Badke not Nye. Nye had some nice runs. I don't think Nye had the fiscal support for his team from the school Brian did. Looks like Montini and StL could use Nye's coaching. Not sure if he is coaching at BR now but a nice story of him going back there.

Nye was a solid coach that beat teams he should have but didn't have the talent needed to make deep runs annually.

The #1 team losing to Fremd was Badke not Nye. Nye had some nice runs. I don't think Nye had the fiscal support for his team from the school Brian did. Looks like Montini and StL could use Nye's coaching. Not sure if he is coaching at BR now but a nice story of him going back there.

Nye was a solid coach that beat teams he should have but didn't have the talent needed to make deep runs annually.
Nye coaches the DL at BR now. I believe he’s up in the box communicating with Coach Quedenfeld who is the DC, too, for now.

What are you hearing about Coach Q thus far? Curious for a knowledgeable outsider’s opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: dweise
Nye coaches the DL at BR now. I believe he’s up in the box communicating with Coach Quedenfeld who is the DC, too, for now.

What are you hearing about Coach Q thus far? Curious for a knowledgeable outsider’s opinion.
Always thought Nye did a good job so good for him.

Only saw them once and they seem to be organized and more under control. Can't really look at results as they graduated a lot but this Friday will be a good game to gauge. They hung with MC and Rita. Loyola is just better. As injuries take toll (as with everyone) I would think they may fade. If they stay healthy and go 5-4 or 6-3, I can't see a realistic Rice fans complaining. 4-5 would be ok but with lower levels doing well there is a future to be seen.

I think they were outcoached at times in the past and that does not seem like it will happen moving forward. I heard the scheme and game plan are all that made it a game last Friday as the talent gap was huge. I wish I would have gone and dealt with the crowd as I assumed it would be big and MC would roll.

In Badke's defense he was not in building and I think you need to be if you are a football coach looking to be successful. There is too much work to do for football to be pulled in two directions.

Lausch In at the end of quarter final game against MC on defense may have not been his brightest coaching move. Even though the hit that caused him to limp into Wheaton North Semi-final game occurred earlier in game via vicious hit from Owen Schikell. Guessing coach Badkes Ego got in the way with that decision. Probably cost him a semi-final victory and the best HS athlete in a generation a ring. Guessing that’s why coach hangs on to “OWNING MC”. He owns nothing else! Moving on…..
I am late to this thread, But owning an opponent to me would consist of beating that team over and over. Brian Badke was 6-5 vs MC in his career at BR. I would say neither school "OWNED" one another over that time. Seemed pretty even.

I am late to this thread, But owning an opponent to me would consist of beating that team over and over. Brian Badke was 6-5 vs MC in his career at BR. I would say neither school "OWNED" one another over that time. Seemed pretty even.
It was about the particular kid and covered baseball and football and was a stupid and childish thing to post especially from someone that at one time was an authoritative figure with the program.

Reactions: Vincennes6410

I realize it was Badke. Thought maybe that was the 2017 season you were referring to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT