ADVERTISEMENT

The World Famous CCL-ESCC Predictions 2023 Week 13

Prep Bowl:
St. Rita
, Marist let me all the way down this year I truly hope they were young and they get back to 8A ball

3A:
Montini
I'm pressing the gas on the Broncos, Byron looks legit but I give the nod to MC because there home,
4A:
St. Laurence
is rolling and they will continue to roll on, Wheaton Schedule was the Ultimate cake walk to the Semi's
5A:
NAZ
all the way

JCA Easy

7A:
MC When the bracket dropped this game was circled, 3 time or not MC isn't losing this one, See you on DANTE!!!!
8A:
Loyola
They take care of business, it wont be close

This is a Long shot but I'll ask, Can we make Hope Academy a CCL honorary Cousin (Not for real) They been holding it down for 1A. just a small thought. I'm pulling for them.

Part A
St. Rita. I think Marist is the favorite in this one but I just can't pick against the Mustangs

Reactions: ignazio
Tell me about it.

I saw it right away.

Great minds think alike.

We’re talking about his Marist pick, correct?
OBVIOUSLY! I mean....I don't see any other egregious mistakes. Franny was crowned in week 9 so he should be good there.

• Haha
Reactions: RockSoup
After my 3 correct from last weeks games gave me flashbacks of my test grades in grade school, I hope to rebound this week but I tend to overthink in the playoffs.

Marist -1- This is a great matchup for a Prep Bowl. I overheard some neighborhood grade school kids talking in 7-11 as I was filling up my coffee and saying how they were going to watch Rita/Marist on Friday and MC on Saturday. They didn't seem to care it was the Prep Bowl or even understood the difference, all they knew is that they were still playing late into November. I will full admit I've given it shots from time to time but there is tremendous value of playing.....anyways, I kinda like Marist in this, they have a mobile QB and a RB who keeps getting better....and I have to pick against @ESCC fan on a couple picks

Byron -1- I think the Montini journey in 3A ends, but I don't feel great about this

STL -14- CCL Schedule will help the Vikings into their 1st State Championship since the 70's (I think) but Rochester will await.

St. Francis -2- Both are hot right now, this is a tough one, but St. Francis seems to be on a mission here.

Providence +22 vs JCA- I like my Carmelite Brethren here but not by 22. Lock of the week.....I also made Morris my lock of the week last week and you saw how that went.

Batavia +22 vs Mount Carmel- As I stated above in yesterdays post, this is way too high....Many people think Batavia can win straight up. I think MC wins by 2 scores, but not by 3. Game of the week! I would use this as my Shoe in of the week but I can't do that to my Caravan.

York +30 vs LA- I'll use this as my Show in of the Week for lack of better options. LA by 28, not 30.

Good Luck to all!!
Correct re: St Laurence. Last appearance v East St. Louis in 79. Last championship win in 76 v Glenbard west 2 semis losses in 2015 and 2016.

I've laughed every single time but I am glad you approve again.
Joaquin Phoenix Reaction GIF

Correct re: St Laurence. Last appearance v East St. Louis in 79. Last championship win in 76 v Glenbard west 2 semis losses in 2015 and 2016.
And this will be their best chance for a long time. Next year they move to 6A

And this will be their best chance for a long time. Next year they move to 6A Next year 5A for sure. It should be about 3 more years before 6A For now one year at a time but generally I agree with you. The opportunity is there now for the taking. Hopefully they capitalize on it.

6A for sure. Laurence is in the first year of their two year enrollment cycle with a true enrollment of 844, four students less than Morris, the smallest school in 5A. Next year they will be multiplied to 1392.6, which qualifies for 6A

Let me qualify that. In 2010, 1392.6 would have been 5A. Every year since, it’s 6A

6A for sure. Laurence is in the first year of their two year enrollment cycle with a true enrollment of 844, four students less than Morris, the smallest school in 5A. Next year they will be multiplied to 1392.6, which qualifies for 6A
If they aren’t multiplied now they won’t be next year. This is year 1 of the 2 year block.

Hmmm. Maybe. We know the enrollment thing is a two year lock. Does that go for class assignments as well? Anyone out there know for sure

But wait..,
The enrollment stays the same but your class can change every year because they line you up by size and draw lines. And , they always multiply based on how many playoff wins you had in the last two years regardless of enrollment or two year class

Maybe we should start a new thread. Next week

Byron -1
SL -14
SF -2
PC +22
Batavia +22
York +30
Pretty sure you’ve been wrong about every Naz game this postseason. Haven’t paid attention to these threads before tbh. Here’s to hoping you’re wrong again.

Btw no offense taken or meant, don’t know what you’ve ever made a negative comment about Naz just something that I noticed for whatever reason.

Pretty sure you’ve been wrong about every Naz game this postseason. Haven’t paid attention to these threads before tbh. Here’s to hoping you’re wrong again.

Btw no offense taken or meant, don’t know what you’ve ever made a negative comment about Naz just something that I noticed for whatever reason.
Borderline Posse backsliding here. Let the SF people take on that badge, it’s not worth the time or effort!

• Love
But wait..,
The enrollment stays the same but your class can change every year because they line you up by size and draw lines. And , they always multiply based on how many playoff wins you had in the last two years regardless of enrollment or two year class.
There is no multiplier until you win 3 games in a two year span. We are in year one of that two year block. I think it should be rolling and I would hope Montini would petition up to at least 4A next year, but the only way to move inside that two year span is to petition. @EdgyTim correct me if I'm wrong here!

Part A
St. Rita. I think Marist is the favorite in this one but I just can't pick against the Mustangs

Part B
3A Montini
4A St. Laurence - only because they are an old CCL team.
5A PC - because the Augustans run it
5A St. Frank - their passing game gets them close for the last second FG.
6A Nap time
7A MC ordered more bulletin boards this week. Big win
8A LA - Solid win. LWE next week will be another Classic.

Adopted team HOPE

A couple items of note before the festivities begin:

What do you call a man who loves @MC63 and @mchsalumni ? You call that man Rock H. Soup!!!

That was no Posse backsliding by @Irish LB that was full on Caminiti running over Braves Catcher Olson. @stl705 is nothing less than a peach of a fellow, participating in many different pick ‘ems and threads throughout the year with knowledge and civility. Does he like his Western Suburban Publics? Maybe.

Yes. Multipliers, success factors, petition ups are a locked two year assignment. Enrollments are reported every fall. IHSA throws the reported enrollments in the left hand column, locked 2 year penalties from previous two year locked period in the right hand column and voila you have your September class which can change at the end of October by the number of playoff qualifiers. We’ll all go through the 4 page off-season thread about classifications sometime in the next 6 months.

It is nice to see my beloved figure out they have Miles Boykin the second 10 games too late.

Boys, don’t mind us old, cranky and opinionated guys and gals here, play your asses off today, play it clean, play it to the whistle but do play the game violently, the way it was meant to be. Win or lose, shake it up and bro hug it up with your opponent. 20 years from now, you’ll understand that you are state semifinalists, you have won. But don’t worry about that now, go for the funking crown, leave it all on the funking field!!! God loves you.

After my 3 correct from last weeks games gave me flashbacks of my test grades in grade school, I hope to rebound this week but I tend to overthink in the playoffs.

Marist -1- This is a great matchup for a Prep Bowl. I overheard some neighborhood grade school kids talking in 7-11 as I was filling up my coffee and saying how they were going to watch Rita/Marist on Friday and MC on Saturday. They didn't seem to care it was the Prep Bowl or even understood the difference, all they knew is that they were still playing late into November. I will full admit I've given it shots from time to time but there is tremendous value of playing.....anyways, I kinda like Marist in this, they have a mobile QB and a RB who keeps getting better....and I have to pick against @ESCC fan on a couple picks

Byron -1- I think the Montini journey in 3A ends, but I don't feel great about this

STL -14- CCL Schedule will help the Vikings into their 1st State Championship since the 70's (I think) but Rochester will await.

St. Francis -2- Both are hot right now, this is a tough one, but St. Francis seems to be on a mission here.

Providence +22 vs JCA- I like my Carmelite Brethren here but not by 22. Lock of the week.....I also made Morris my lock of the week last week and you saw how that went.

Batavia +22 vs Mount Carmel- As I stated above in yesterdays post, this is way too high....Many people think Batavia can win straight up. I think MC wins by 2 scores, but not by 3. Game of the week! I would use this as my Shoe in of the week but I can't do that to my Caravan.

York +30 vs LA- I'll use this as my Show in of the Week for lack of better options. LA by 28, not 3
CCL/ESCC was a good game. Crowd was solid. I don't fault any school that chose not to play. To each its own. Got Rita QB more reps.

week13 recap:

Congratulations to escc fan, buffoon and iggy for taking down the top spot with 5 out of 7 correct.

Par was 3.29 so joining the above in gaining on the field were pj and newcomer alpha

It has all come down to this for the playoff prognosticator crown: refref and escc fan are tied with 31 points with iggy a distant 3rd with 27 points. We'll be crowning 10 champs this weekend, 1A thru 8A, Prep Bowl and our own WORLD FAMOUS PICK 'EM playoff champion

Without further ado, the week 13 scoreboard:

namew13potottgpowpct
@BillyTheBuffoon
5​
26​
45​
57.78%​
@ESCC fan
5​
31​
45​
68.89%​