ADVERTISEMENT

The World Famous CCL-ESCC Predictions 2023 Week 13

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
Congrats to RameyJacoby for the rookie win last week. Gambletron has another test for us this week. Stirring things up down south again, playing it close in LaGrange and setting the bar really high in Woodlawn and Wilmette. I hear Batavia is bringing their own refs this time.

Prep Bowl:
Marist (6-5) at St. Rita (6-5) Fri., Nov. 17, 7 pm
Redhawks 21 Mustangs 20

3A:
Byron (12-0) at Lombard (Montini) (9-3), Sat., Nov. 18, 1:00 pm
Tigers 32 Broncos 31
4A:
West Chicago (Wheaton Academy) (11-1) at Burbank (St. Laurence) (9-3), Sat., Nov. 18, 3:00 pm
Vikings 35 Warriors 21
5A:
Wheaton (St. Francis) (10-2) at LaGrange Park (Nazareth Academy) (7-5), Sat., Nov. 18, 2:00 pm
Spartans 30 Roadrunners 28
New Lenox (Providence Catholic) (8-4) at Joliet (Catholic Academy) (9-3), Sat., Nov. 18, 2:00 pm
Hilltoppers 36 Celtics 14
7A:
Batavia (11-1) at Chicago (Mt. Carmel) (11-1), Sat., Nov. 18, 4:00 pm
Caravan 42 Bulldogs 20
8A:
Elmhurst (York) (11-1) at Wilmette (Loyola Academy) (12-0), Sat., Nov. 18, 12:30 pm
Ramblers 42 Dukes 12

Congrats to RameyJacoby for the rookie win last week. Gambletron has another test for us this week. Stirring things up down south again, playing it close in LaGrange and setting the bar really high in Woodlawn and Wilmette. I hear Batavia is bringing their own refs this time.

Prep Bowl:
Marist (6-5) at St. Rita (6-5) Fri., Nov. 17, 7 pm
Redhawks 21 Mustangs 20

3A:
Byron (12-0) at Lombard (Montini) (9-3), Sat., Nov. 18, 1:00 pm
Tigers 32 Broncos 31
4A:
West Chicago (Wheaton Academy) (11-1) at Burbank (St. Laurence) (9-3), Sat., Nov. 18, 3:00 pm
Vikings 35 Warriors 21
5A:
Wheaton (St. Francis) (10-2) at LaGrange Park (Nazareth Academy) (7-5), Sat., Nov. 18, 2:00 pm
Spartans 30 Roadrunners 28
New Lenox (Providence Catholic) (8-4) at Joliet (Catholic Academy) (9-3), Sat., Nov. 18, 2:00 pm
Hilltoppers 36 Celtics 14
7A:
Batavia (11-1) at Chicago (Mt. Carmel) (11-1), Sat., Nov. 18, 4:00 pm
Caravan 42 Bulldogs 20
8A:
Elmhurst (York) (11-1) at Wilmette (Loyola Academy) (12-0), Sat., Nov. 18, 12:30 pm
Ramblers 42 Dukes 12
Marist -1
Montini +1
SL -14
SF -2
Provi +22
Batavia +22
York +30

Prep Bowl:
Marist 31 Saint Rita 23 (M -1):
Actually a good matchup here

3A:
Byron 28 Montini 21 (B -1):
Has Byron played great teams? No, but it's telling when they have absolutely throttled everyone in their path. Montini's pedigree and seasoning will make this a tight game into the 4th, but my gut tells me to go with the Tigers.

4A:
Saint Laurence 45 Wheaton Academy 24 (SL -14):
Wheaton Academy had to work their bag off to beat Viator. The Vikings are a bunch of steps up from the Lions.

5A:
Nazareth 27 Saint Francis 23 (N +2):
St. Francis thought they killed the Roadrunners in week 9! Put them out of their misery, right?! WRONG! Nazareth is the Undertaker. This is the stuff of nightmares. Buffoons GOTW!

Joliet Catholic 42 Providence 24 (P +22): Love seeing a very local rivalry being played this deep in the playoffs, especially with how amazing these programs are. JCA gets revenge from last years playoffs.

7A:
Mount Carmel 45 Batavia 20 (MC -22):
3rd year in a row meeting in the playoffs is pretty wild considering 7A is seeded 1-32. Batavia's hatred for all things Catholic football is well documented and it runs even deeper for the Caravan...and the boys of Dante know that and will enjoy punishing Batavia

8A:
Loyola 38 York 17 (Y +30):
York is very good. Loyola is very great.

Im Back Wake Up GIF

Nervous of falling flat on my face now that I am atop the board. Here goes nothing:

Rita +1 vs Marist

Montini +1 vs Byron

Wheaton Academy +14 vs StL

Naz +2 vs St. Francis
Providence +22 vs JCA

Batavia +22 vs Mount Carmel

York +30 vs LA

Reactions: eireog and ignazio
You folks are way wrong on the PC/JCA game. Why a 22 point spread??
The point spread is generated by computer algorithm. It doesn't take into account rivalry or historical match up results. What spread would you give it?

No sand in this bag. Heaven forbid we question the computer! 😂. We shall see.

The computer does seem a bit fishy. If I didn't have a strict "no picking against the beloved" rule I'd say Franny -2 is the lock of the century.

Do you believe in deja vu?
Deja who? Providence made a ton of mistakes/ turnovers in the first matchup with jca and with all that jca still was only able to score 1 touchdown and 4 made field goals against them so will see!

Reactions: ignazio
It’s a pick ‘em

as in pick ‘em the Barrington LWE thread to discuss this question. Thanks for playing and good luck Saturday.
Lol. Didn’t mean to hijack your thread my sincere apologies

Deja who? Providence made a ton of mistakes/ turnovers in the first matchup with jca and with all that jca still was only able to score 1 touchdown and 4 made field goals against them so will see!
Exactly. Providence is in great position to win this game.

Marist -1 Great matchup. Don’t remember the last time Marist visited St. Rita. I do remember seeing them there in the late 90s metro days. Maybe that was the last time unless TLoner knows for certain. Either way, wake me up the next time my beloved wins as a pick ‘em or underdog.

Montini +1 sorry just getting 2022 RB PC vibes here. All we heard all week was RB averages 40 point margins, then it was PC domination with a team that’s not as good as this year’s version. But I digress. This is Montini vs Byron who averages 50 point margins. This may end up a one score game but it also could be a two score Bronco win if they manage a solid first half.

Wheaton Academy +14 I just can’t get excited about the Vikings. Solid team, yes. Aaron Ball special, most definitely. So I’ll take the points in a matchup of two solid teams having great seasons.

Naz -2 Can you pick a wrong team here? I guess you can, this is a pick ‘em contest after all. But teenagers and rematches are tough. They experienced the waltz through the park already. Can staffs coach week 9 out of the Spartans heads, we’ll see.

JCA -22 JCA does a lot of things well. OLine and D front 7 are as solid as they come. And flop it to their D back 7 and I have a tough time finding a weakness. JCA and MC are playing their best football at the right time.

MC -22 the Caravan are dealing which we all figured when we were discussing how good they can be if this or that happened. Well, this or that happened and they are cooking

LA -30 York is a good match up for the Ramblers, next week vs LWE or Barrington may be a lot different.story. But for now, I think York is a great program with a great coach but won’t be able to get it done this weekend at LA

Extra prediction: @McCaravan goes 7-0. For some reason the Thursday games scramble his wavelength but now that we’re back to Friday Saturday tilts, he will be ready for one last valiant defense of his crown

SR - the game means more
MCHS - algo doesn’t recognize a 6A in 3A
WA - expecting a close one
Naz - apparently they’ve fixed the glitch
PC - a bit of hope on this one
Batavia - (to cover) going to be nasty
York - “The key here, Jack, is for the Ramblers to score early and keep the pressure on the Dukes, keep their offense off the field and most importantly limit their big playmakers. If they can manage that I think we’ll see a lot of happy faces here in Wilmette.”

• Haha
Reactions: RockSoup
SR - the game means more
MCHS - algo doesn’t recognize a 6A in 3A
WA - expecting a close one
Naz - apparently they’ve fixed the glitch
PC - a bit of hope on this one
Batavia - (to cover) going to be nasty
York - “The key here, Jack, is for the Ramblers to score early and keep the pressure on the Dukes, keep their offense off the field and most importantly limit their big playmakers. If they can manage that I think we’ll see a lot of happy faces here in Wilmette.”
“You can tell how well these teams are coached” has to be the free square on the broadcast bingo card

Reactions: ignazio
Marist -1 Great matchup. Don’t remember the last time Marist visited St. Rita. I do remember seeing them there in the late 90s metro days. Maybe that was the last time unless TLoner knows for certain. Either way, wake me up the next time my beloved wins as a pick ‘em or underdog.

Montini +1 sorry just getting 2022 RB PC vibes here. All we heard all week was RB averages 40 point margins, then it was PC domination with a team that’s not as good as this year’s version. But I digress. This is Montini vs Byron who averages 50 point margins. This may end up a one score game but it also could be a two score Bronco win if they manage a solid first half.

Wheaton Academy +14 I just can’t get excited about the Vikings. Solid team, yes. Aaron Ball special, most definitely. So I’ll take the points in a matchup of two solid teams having great seasons.

Naz -2 Can you pick a wrong team here? I guess you can, this is a pick ‘em contest after all. But teenagers and rematches are tough. They experienced the waltz through the park already. Can staffs coach week 9 out of the Spartans heads, we’ll see.

JCA -22 JCA does a lot of things well. OLine and D front 7 are as solid as they come. And flop it to their D back 7 and I have a tough time finding a weakness. JCA and MC are playing their best football at the right time.

MC -22 the Caravan are dealing which we all figured when we were discussing how good they can be if this or that happened. Well, this or that happened and they are cooking

LA -30 York is a good match up for the Ramblers, next week vs LWE or Barrington may be a lot different.story. But for now, I think York is a great program with a great coach but won’t be able to get it done this weekend at LA

Extra prediction: @McCaravan goes 7-0. For some reason the Thursday games scramble his wavelength but now that we’re back to Friday Saturday tilts, he will be ready for one last valiant defense of his crown
I'll put my picks up tomorrow, I can't possibly do as bad as last week! But I will say this, and this is not a sandbag, no way should it be Batavia +22....Maybe Batavia +13.

The Metro Conference ran between 1996-2002. The IHSA site shows the scores but not who was the home team during those years. I think I got all the scores but might have missed a game. They did not play in 2000 or 2001. St. Rita went four and one losing 19-20 in 1998. I actually don't remember any of those games. I think the 1998 games was a monsoon but I know I was not at that game. Either I was working or camping with the Boy Scouts. I hadn't become Doc's body guard yet. I was at the 2005 playoff game at Marist. Lopsided win but what stands out was the kicking exhibition Ryan Donahue put on. They played again 2013 at Soldiers Field for the season opener with St. Rita winning 28-26. I think that Marist is actually a favorite in this week's game. Week one with both teams healthy I'd be picking St. Rita.

My niece played volleyball at Marist. She likes to give her uncles the business who played at the highest level in college - a girl. If you think Rita-Carmel or Marist-Rice football games have some intensity go to a Marist - Mother McAuley volleyball @ McAuley ... women are vicious.

After my 3 correct from last weeks games gave me flashbacks of my test grades in grade school, I hope to rebound this week but I tend to overthink in the playoffs.

Marist -1- This is a great matchup for a Prep Bowl. I overheard some neighborhood grade school kids talking in 7-11 as I was filling up my coffee and saying how they were going to watch Rita/Marist on Friday and MC on Saturday. They didn't seem to care it was the Prep Bowl or even understood the difference, all they knew is that they were still playing late into November. I will full admit I've given it shots from time to time but there is tremendous value of playing.....anyways, I kinda like Marist in this, they have a mobile QB and a RB who keeps getting better....and I have to pick against @ESCC fan on a couple picks

Byron -1- I think the Montini journey in 3A ends, but I don't feel great about this

STL -14- CCL Schedule will help the Vikings into their 1st State Championship since the 70's (I think) but Rochester will await.

St. Francis -2- Both are hot right now, this is a tough one, but St. Francis seems to be on a mission here.

Providence +22 vs JCA- I like my Carmelite Brethren here but not by 22. Lock of the week.....I also made Morris my lock of the week last week and you saw how that went.

Batavia +22 vs Mount Carmel- As I stated above in yesterdays post, this is way too high....Many people think Batavia can win straight up. I think MC wins by 2 scores, but not by 3. Game of the week! I would use this as my Shoe in of the week but I can't do that to my Caravan.

York +30 vs LA- I'll use this as my Show in of the Week for lack of better options. LA by 28, not 30.

Good Luck to all!!

The Metro Conference ran between 1996-2002. The IHSA site shows the scores but not who was the home team during those years. I think I got all the scores but might have missed a game. They did not play in 2000 or 2001. St. Rita went four and one losing 19-20 in 1998. I actually don't remember any of those games. I think the 1998 games was a monsoon but I know I was not at that game. Either I was working or camping with the Boy Scouts. I hadn't become Doc's body guard yet. I was at the 2005 playoff game at Marist. Lopsided win but what stands out was the kicking exhibition Ryan Donahue put on. They played again 2013 at Soldiers Field for the season opener with St. Rita winning 28-26. I think that Marist is actually a favorite in this week's game. Week one with both teams healthy I'd be picking St. Rita.

My niece played volleyball at Marist. She likes to give her uncles the business who played at the highest level in college - a girl. If you think Rita-Carmel or Marist-Rice football games have some intensity go to a Marist - Mother McAuley volleyball @ McAuley ... women are vicious.
The Marist McAuley super sectional is such a disservice to the sport and teams. Best thing about volleyball is it is crazy fast both on the court and time length. In and out in 45 minutes. If you like high school sports that event is something to behold.

Sorry for getting off track.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT