ADVERTISEMENT

Off season round ball thread

It's a physical game down south.
JJS_8993%20copy.jpg

West playoff preview article.
Those ESL uniforms are brutal

Mostly the decision to go with "E. St. Louis" on the front. I don't have an issue with the colors. The writing just makes it look choppy. Would have been better off with "ESL" or "Flyers" IMO

Okay, got it. I can see your point.

How about just "East Side" across the front.
Didn't the IHSA make a rule against having "nicknames" on uniforms? I think names like Hitters and The Brook on jerseys is against policy now. East Side I would imagine fits in that realm.

Didn't the IHSA make a rule against having "nicknames" on uniforms? I think names like Hitters and The Brook on jerseys is against policy now. East Side I would imagine fits in that realm.

Correct. You can on use, ESL or E. St. Louis or East St. Louis or East Saint Louis. Depending on the cut of the jersey (like this one) ESL is just too small.

I don't think anyone would freak out. I don't know what the issue there was but let's just enjoy the sport and leave the poppycock elsewhere.

I would be in favor of Alton vs Morgan Park in a cage match.

I enjoy watching chaos unfold - and would absolutely love suburbia to freak out about this incident.
I for one, got tired of seeing the racialized comments from the local keyboard warriors at the bottom of the online articles about the incident. Don't care to see more of that if Alton goes deep into the playoffs.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Crusaders advance with a hard fought win over TF North...Marques Kennedy destined to be all-state with last second 3 pointer for the win! Simeon @ BR on Friday.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
This is a crying shame ... and in other Regional action, ESL plays Mater Dei, lol. And the winner of Althoff v Herrin then gets ESL, presumably.

What:
Class 4A Collinsville Regional final
When: 7 p.m. Friday
Records: Alton 21-10; Collinsville 27-5

Up next:
Winner of Belleville West-Glenwood in a sectional semifinal at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Edwardsville High.

On Alton: Weathered fallout from ugly fight with Riverview Gardens in season-opening tournament. Has won four in a row and five of its last six. Only loss in that stretch came at Collinsville, 71-65. Split with Collinsville this season when it scored a tip-in at the buzzer to grab a 59-57 victory at home on Dec. 14. ... Senior forward and Valparaiso recruit Donovan Clay (6-foot-7) averages nearly 20 points per game. Senior guard Malik Smith averages 14 points per game. ... Has won three regional titles since 2011 with its latest coming in 2015 and 2016.

On Collinsville: Five losses this season have come by a total of 17 points. Four losses were by three or fewer points. Only team in the Southwestern Conference to beat Belleville West and East St. Louis. ... Junior guard Ray'Sean Taylor averages 22 points, six rebounds and three assists per game. He's hit 68 of his 184 3-pointers. Senior guard Marshall Harrison averages 13 points and five rebounds. Junior center Keydrian Jones chips in eight points and six rebounds. He also draws the toughest interior defensive assignment. ... Last regional title came in 2015.

I always wondered why the top seeds don't host the Regionals. In some cases it just works out but in others it don't. Never really understood why.

This game should not take place so early in the bracket.

Big threes, ally oop dunks, defense taking charges.

16-9 Alton so far - 2:30 in 1Q.

Now 16-12, two minutes.

Blocks - teams running. But missing (maybe going too fast).

17-12 at end of 1Q.

Reactions: playboymixx
This game should not take place so early in the bracket.

Big threes, ally oop dunks, defense taking charges.

16-9 Alton so far - 2:30 in 1Q.

Now 16-12, two minutes.

Blocks - teams running. But missing (maybe going too fast).

17-12 at end of 1Q.
Should be a sectional final game at least...

I switched over to the Belleville West against Glenwood gain. West is up. It’s 28 to 22 at half. But Glenwood sure looks enthused. They’re hitting deep threes. They see more aggressive on defense. West looks disinterested. These are the games they should be feasting. No killer instinct.

Donavan Clay guards the other team’s beat player - 6-7 himself, but thin as a twig, he went heads up on 6-7 EJ and Hargrove - but tonight, he has 6-1 Ray’shan, who has just 8 points.

40-35 1:26 in 3q.

Now there’s theee fouls on Ray’shan, Saved an open bucket.

End of half - no scoring in last 90 seconds.

I switched over to the Belleville West against Glenwood gain. West is up. It’s 28 to 22 at half. But Glenwood sure looks enthused. They’re hitting deep threes. They see more aggressive on defense. West looks disinterested. These are the games they should be feasting. No killer instinct.
Down by 1 with just over a minute left in the 3rd. That's puzzling to say the least. This team isn't winning state this year...

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Was at West-Glenwood. Maroons seemed to only play hard when they felt like it Got the 17-point lead, then watched as Glenwood, chipped away, chipped away chipped away. Credit to them on some really good ball movement and just staying patient to make sure it took "their" shots. Once West realized it was in a game it dominated last 5:30. Won't get away with that against Alton or probably anyone else they see from here on out. Reynolds seems to really struggle at the line.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT