ADVERTISEMENT

MC vs. Naz

Getting back on topic Naz there were major problems last night including...

Why aren't you running the ball north and south. That east/ west stuff is a joke.

Bad penalties

Poor tackling and blocking

And the QB should not ever run backwards. Run forward or throw the ball away.

If you worked on rushing the ball north and south it would have eventually opened up your star players for big plays.

I finally realized how the mismatch occurred. Had nothing to do with E-W running and everything to do with Dave Lenti being able to scheme well against a less mobile QB.

All three MC games I saw had them up against RPO type QBs with strong run capability. Tough ask though, not utilizing a top 25 player in the country. Maybe some wildcat would have helped? I think Naz with a mobile QB keeps that game much closer. No way Willowbrook or Montini beat Naz and they kept MC way closer than Naz.

Because YOU don't stop! How old are you? You need to be called out on how you're acting, period!

And, many, many MC alumni have already spoken to Jordan including his bosses so you don't know what you're talking about... end of story.

Matter of fact, it was discussed before the team got on the bus and people at MC have already talked to Naz people on an apology
I haven’t been involved in this post and this will be the only time I’ll chime in. If as you say the coach has been spoken to by alumi and his “ bosses” and Naz apologized to as well , then the way I see it PROKIE has been correct in his assertion that it was a D.... maneuver. I think that was the point which many vigorously disagreed and argued with PROKIE against.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS and congrats to the winners.

Reactions: Gene K.
Mc Alum,

Agreed but if Naz is not running the ball north and south with their lineman in attack mode then they already lost the game before it began.

No one says you're wrong just doesn't need to be the main focus of the game. This is an opinion subject and no winners.
Many many schools beat the shit out of schools every year by 40, 50 points.
Sure the other team thinks that sucks and is unsportsmanlike.
Scoring the 7th td on an over matched opponent isn't that different than scoring a last one when unnecessary.
All very true. Leaving your starters in when you’re up 30 is just as bad if not worse.
Fortunately I’ve typically been on the giving side of the beat down most contests I’ve had an interest in. It only took one time on the other side of the fence to realize just exactly how shitty it is. Yes it’s part of life. I’m as competitive as it gets... however I will never believe it sends a good message to do these things. Yes it’s going to happen.
In high school football, it should not.
I can suggest what was more upsetting to me was the willingness to defend or accept it as normal.

I haven’t been involved in this post and this will be the only time I’ll chime in. If as you say the coach has been spoken to by alumi and his “ bosses” and Naz apologized to as well , then the way I see it PROKIE has been correct in his assertion that it was a D.... maneuver. I think that was the point which many vigorously disagreed and argued with PROKIE against.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS and congrats to the winners.
So very true to the word

Glad you’re in tight. Glad it works for you.
I called it out which obviously offended many because that is not to be done, and quite frankly took delight in your first post. That being said

Since you are REALLY new here.

piss off (all caps)

Sh*thead, I've been a member of this board since it started. A long long time ago. I think i started here in 2005 so as i stated, YOU ARE AN IDIOT, TOOL & INTERNET TOUGH GUY!

AND THAT IS IN ALL CAPS!

Lastly, I'd also call you a clown, but you're the whole frickin circus!

If Naz could have run the ball north and south they would have. They couldn't because MC wouldn't let them, so they tried to use their speed to run around the defense. That didn't work either.

In a few words it wasn't Naz's night.

I only saw them run the ball 2 or 3 times north and south. That's not enough.

I do truly agree with everything you’ve said in THIS post. If the balance of MC “friends” had suggested the same earlier, we would not have had this conversation. There are few things I hate more than kool-aid drinking fools completely unwilling of admitting the truth.

You made a point. A point I actually agree with you on. But then you kept going on and on getting more and more aggressive and abrasive. Instead of posting my agreement with you, I ended up airing my frustration with you beating a dead horse.

You seem like a decent enough guy and I admire your passion on this topic. Running up the score isn’t ever cool. You know what else isn’t cool? Demanding an entire fan base agree with you on a public message board that is well known across the entire Chicagoland area. I bet most MC fans agree with your original point but they don’t owe you jack squat. It’s obvious you have an axe to grind with MC fans and you are not just doing this out of some moral obligation to promote better sportsmanship.

Anyway, seems you have calmed down a bit. Hopefully.

What happened last night to Naz was that the game got faster than they were used to as a result of the MC defense. You could see it in the offside penalties that Naz offensive linemen received. Naz's offense was thrown off by the speed of the MC defense.

What happened last night to Naz was that the game got faster than they were used to as a result of the MC defense. You could see it in the offside penalties that Naz offensive linemen received. Naz's offense was thrown off by the speed of the MC defense.

Naz offensive line had those bad penalties too against Rolling Meadows.

You should know that Montini never had success against the Blue teams until they placed a focus on the run especially north and south which later would open up seams in the passing game. Gene and I talk about this all the time.

I think Naz needs to schedule Blue teams for non con games to figure out how to be successful against them because those teams are a different breed.

Dear MC Fans,

I haven’t been around long enough on this board to know what you all must have done to deserve the crap you seem to get from other teams’ fans but it must have been pretty bad stuff.

You have actually convinced someone into believing that the Naz coach intentionally runs his QB backwards instead of acknowledging that MC defensive pressure may have been the actual root cause. That is the purest example of contempt for MC that I can think of.

You all need to say 10 Hail Marys right now and think hard on the hurt you must have caused these poor souls.

Mark,

The QB who I think is awesome runs backwards every game I have seen Naz play. Most of the time he gets away with it but not against MC. And he did not do it more against MC vs the average game I see Naz play.

Just saying the coaches should have cleaned to up by telling him to run forward as far as you can and then slide or throw the ball away.

Mark,

The QB who I think is awesome runs backwards every game I have seen Naz play. Most of the time he gets away with it but not against MC. And he did not do it more against MC vs the average game I see Naz play.

Just saying the coaches should have cleaned to up by telling him to run forward as far as you can and then slide or throw the ball away.

Well he’s no Mahomes or Watson! :)

Sorry wrong thread. Haha.

Dear MC Fans,

I haven’t been around long enough on this board to know what you all must have done to deserve the crap you seem to get from other teams’ fans but it must have been pretty bad stuff.

You have actually convinced someone into believing that the Naz coach intentionally runs his QB backwards instead of acknowledging that MC defensive pressure may have been the actual root cause. That is the purest example of contempt for MC that I can think of.

You all need to say 10 Hail Marys right now and think hard on the hurt you must have caused these poor souls.

This board is loaded with Mt Carmel bashers. While some people might have a genuine concern over the final touchdown, these guys just want to criticize MC. If it wasn't that play, it would have been something else. MCHS alum even criticized (very, very nastily) our school colors on Friday night. Maybe they'd say that our dark brown jerseys confuse opponents when it's raining.

PROkie is a fraud, here, as well. Enough of my fellow alums agreed with his complaint that made his outrage look silly. I never saw him bash MS for running up the score, and they're notorious.

This board is loaded with Mt Carmel bashers. While some people might have a genuine concern over the final touchdown, these guys just want to criticize MC. If it wasn't that play, it would have been something else. MCHS alum even criticized (very, very nastily) our school colors on Friday night. Maybe they'd say that our dark brown jerseys confuse opponents when it's raining.

PROkie is a fraud, here, as well. Enough of my fellow alums agreed with his complaint that made his outrage look silly. I never saw him bash MS for running up the score, and they're notorious.
Piss off 63.... I clearly have suggested my disgust for such. The only Fraud here are the people who submit to shitty behavior in the name of being a “Fan” unfortunately you’re part of that crowd. Bottom line was it was a dick move and you know it, but don’t have the STONES to admit it.

I could absolutely care less what you think and can tell you, my perspective would have been the same no matter who or when it was. You sir are the one I made reference to being on their knees. Nobody else.

You think it’s easy running it up the gut against Jalen Grant? He’s my pick for lineman of the year but I suppose that’s a topic for another thread.
I think Naz tried too run on him on the first play b4 they realized they need to put at least 2 guys on him.

Last edited:
Reactions: StopFakeNews
This board is loaded with Mt Carmel bashers. While some people might have a genuine concern over the final touchdown, these guys just want to criticize MC. MCHS alum even criticized (very, very nastily) our school colors on Friday night.

Other than the overzealous TD at the end of the game, MC pitched a perfect game. I noted it in one post, that was it.

Brown has never been and never will be a good color so look at it this way: The top two state title belts belong to two schools wearing brown. Would I trade colors for an additional 6 titles? No. I’d never be able to wear school gear to show it off.

In short, stop the snowflake nonsense. I’ve given the “brown is horrible” speech to people from the real Carmel (Mundelein) and JCA. Just because you lack taste doesn’t mean you have to be offended by the truth.

Reactions: PRokie

1. I told him to lay back because many were in agreement from MC
  2. He did say he was against this
  3. Reading is fundamental

Reactions: PRokie

MC , what’s with all the piss and vinegar. Posters are posting their views. Victory formation should have been taken as voiced by the MC administration according to a previous MC poster.
Also, aside from the fact that MS has beaten MC in two state finals, what’s with the grudge against MS? I believe in the 2010 final the MS coaching staff was very fair in reigning in the dogs and holding down the score. To say that they are notorious for running up the score is patently false, as evidenced by the high esteem to which David Inserra is held by other coaches.

Reactions: Gene K.
MC , what’s with all the piss and vinegar. Posters are posting their views. Victory formation should have been taken as voiced by the MC administration according to a previous MC poster.
Also, aside from the fact that MS has beaten MC in two state finals, what’s with the grudge against MS? I believe in the 2010 final the MS coaching staff was very fair in reigning in the dogs and holding down the score. To say that they are notorious for running up the score is patently false, as evidenced by the high esteem to which David Inserra is held by other coaches.
Guilty as charged.. MS has egregiously ran the score up way too many times. Stupidly in my opinion because it cost back-ups valuable game time. They have in the past been guilty as suggested, particularly in conference games. For that, the comments are deserved. It’s true.

That being said, we could have put 70 up in 2010 rather easily and did not

MC defense

Yes, yes, the defense was outstanding, but the offense was at least as good. The defense did set up a few of those 37 points, but most of them came from long, productive marches down the field. Carmel is a two-headed monster, at once an immovable object and an unstoppable force. Remember that Jalen Grant played both sides of the ball, blasting holes in the the D-line and demolishing the O-line of almost every team he faced. As brilliant as Dave Lenti is, Jordan Lynch is just as inventive, sending in those hot reads all season long. And as for Justin Lynch and Kenenna Odeluga, is there a better rushing tandem in the state? One is all power and the other is the master of finesse.

And as for Justin Lynch and Kenenna Odeluga, is there a better rushing tandem in the state? One is all power and the other is the master of finesse.
Can’t wait to watch them again next year! Odeluga absolutely punishes and wears down tacklers, and you blink and Lynch is through the hole in the line.

Piss off 63.... I clearly have suggested my disgust for such. The only Fraud here are the people who submit to shitty behavior in the name of being a “Fan” unfortunately you’re part of that crowd. Bottom line was it was a dick move and you know it, but don’t have the STONES to admit it.

I could absolutely care less what you think and can tell you, my perspective would have been the same no matter who or when it was. You sir are the one I made reference to being on their knees. Nobody else.
Who gives a flying Rat if it was a TOOL move we don't care. It's a football game Damn your feelings. It is a new day its not the 80's or 90's anymore. STOP IT!! We see this week in and week out in College football as of late. As a Maine South Fan you need to Focus on getting passed Loyola because you've been hit in the mouth 2 years straight!

Guilty as charged.. MS has egregiously ran the score up way too many times. Stupidly in my opinion because it cost back-ups valuable game time. They have in the past been guilty as suggested, particularly in conference games. For that, the comments are deserved. It’s true.

That being said, we could have put 70 up in 2010 rather easily and did not
Coulda Woulda Shoulda ...... lol

Other than the overzealous TD at the end of the game, MC pitched a perfect game. I noted it in one post, that was it.

Brown has never been and never will be a good color so look at it this way: The top two state title belts belong to two schools wearing brown. Would I trade colors for an additional 6 titles? No. I’d never be able to wear school gear to show it off.

In short, stop the snowflake nonsense. I’ve given the “brown is horrible” speech to people from the real Carmel (Mundelein) and JCA. Just because you lack taste doesn’t mean you have to be offended by the truth.
Maybe its because you have No Swagg

This post, like most of your posts, makes no sense. No one of note, in the history of man, has said brown was a good color to wear. You probably do wear brown with black shoes though, no question.
I can tell you have no swag just stop it buddy it makes total since

Montini, you're a paradox. I know you are a bright, funny guy, but your concern with fashion is the sign of a shallow mind.

Concern with fashion has to do with looking good. Dress for success. I'm not saying the most expensive stuff, but don't show up wearing shoes without ties if you are wearing a suit. Pretty basic stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT