ADVERTISEMENT

MC vs. Naz

It really was. I wonder why. The two schools have never played each other. Any insight?

The flopping by both squads. I thought I was watching the Premier League.
I'm not sure. I don't even remember flopping. tbh I was at the game, fully engaged and I remember about 5 plays. I really need to go back and rewatch.

I'm not sure. I don't even remember flopping. tbh I was at the game, fully engaged and I remember about 5 plays. I really need to go back and rewatch.
You gotta watch the game again. There was a really good one in the first half by JJ. He patted one of the MC guys on the helmet. Not maliciously. Another MC player barely touched JJ and down he went with his hands in the air. It was very obvious. Now, my knee jerk reaction was, c’mon kid, this is football, but in retrospect, it’s good strategy if it can get you some extra yards and a 1st down.

You gotta watch the game again. There was a really good one in the first half by JJ. He patted one of the MC guys on the helmet. Not maliciously. Another MC player barely touched JJ and down he went with his hands in the air. It was very obvious. Now, my knee jerk reaction was, c’mon kid, this is football, but in retrospect, it’s good strategy if it can get you some extra yards and a 1st down.
That was garbage. And so glad they didnt call that or else more will start and be the NBA.

And to think I started this thread to get some game discussion going. It's gone in many unexpected directions, as threads are apt to do in Edgyland. :cool:

Reactions: Bwm57
With all this moaning and groaning about Mount Carmel running up the score, maybe we should see if Nazareth restrained themselves during the season with the game in hand. Carmel won by 24 points. How many games did Nazareth win by 24 points or more? The answer is eight. So a 24-point margin of victory is excessive for MC, a blue-collar school on the South Side that didn't show any class, while Nazareth is entirely blameless for thrashing Thornton by 28 points, including 14 in the fourth quarter; for embarrassing Libertyville by 41 points, including 6 in the fourth quarter; for beating the Vikings by 28, including 7 in the fourth; for trouncing Rolling Meadows by 28; and finally for dominating Leo and De La Salle by 37 and 36 points, respectively. So who is the bully here, and who is the victim? I'd say that Naz got what it deserved. You can argue that the subs kept racking up points, but if that was the case, then Racki should have kept them on a tighter leash. If Lynch is to be criticized, then Racki should be too, not for a single game but for an entire season.

Last edited:
You named your son Bowie Bowie?

That's George Foreman stuff.
No, Bowie is his first name. It means yellow or fair haired in Gaelic. He has long flowing blonde hair. Remember the name - you will be hearing about him in about 6 years. He’s only 10 but he’s 5’3 125 lbs and trucks kids off the edge. D end and O tackle. His dream is to play for the Ramblers. Can’t wait!

Reactions: Gene K. and eireog
No, Bowie is his first name. It means yellow or fair haired in Gaelic. He has long flowing blonde hair. Remember the name - you will be hearing about him in about 6 years. He’s only 10 but he’s 5’3 125 lbs and trucks kids off the edge. D end and O tackle. His dream is to play for the Ramblers. Can’t wait!
I’ve already contacted the IHSA regarding illegal recruitment from a certain NW suburban HS recruiting him.

Reactions: Bowie50
With all this moaning and groaning about Mount Carmel running up the score, maybe we should see if Nazareth restrained themselves during the season with the game in hand. Carmel won by 24 points. How many games did Nazareth win by 24 points or more? The answer is eight. So a 24-point margin of victory is excessive for MC, a blue-collar school on the South Side that didn't show any class, while Nazareth is entirely blameless for thrashing Thornton by 28 points, including 14 in the fourth quarter; for embarrassing Libertyville by 41 points, including 6 in the fourth quarter; for beating the Vikings by 28, including 7 in the fourth; for trouncing Rolling Meadows by 28; and finally for dominating Leo and De La Salle by 37 and 36 points, respectively. So who is the bully here, and who is the victim? I'd say that Naz got what it deserved. You can argue that the subs kept racking up points, but if that was the case, then Racki should have kept them on a tighter leash. If Lynch is to be criticized, then Racki should be too, not for a single game but for an entire season.
Alright lets relax with the blue collar school from the south side crap , Naz has a healthy number of Chicago kids that go there from the Midway/ Garfield Ridge area . Stop making it sound like Naz is all suburban rich kids . Hell , Keeler is from Bridgeport

And the 1000+ excuses continue.

Certainly a reflection of our society today.

Reactions: niu15
Alright lets relax with the blue collar school from the south side crap , Naz has a healthy number of Chicago kids that go there from the Midway/ Garfield Ridge area . Stop making it sound like Naz is all suburban rich kids . Hell , Keeler is from Bridgeport
I'm sure the coaches from DeLaSalle and St. Laurence just love you guys too.

He'd look great in chocolate brown.

Nobody from Nazareth is complaining about the score

Nor is anyone from Prairie Ridge. ESL was winning 36-14 with three minutes left in the game and they ran it in from the 1-yard line. The PR coach didn't complain, saying only that they lost to a great team.

All this sanctimonious preaching about not running up the score misses the most important point about high school football: Playing the game is fun. Scoring touchdowns is fun. And who wants to stop when you're having fun?

P.S. I watched the game again last night, and it got me fired up. A perfect ending to a perfect season. But I'll get off this topic now and resume next August.

Last edited:
@Blue Ruin,

I posted this in the other thread when Genes gave me a little push. I have no problem with the score being what it was but this post below sums up something maybe a little more important.

@Gene K.

To be honest I don’t really care about the score totals. The better team won. That said I would have taken a different approach and emptied the bench like Racki did in the 2015 title game, rather than have my starters score a meaningless TD with 30 seconds on the clock. Imagine how a 4 year scout team player(that never saw game action, let alone score) would have felt punching in that final TD! Instead Al Bundy(Polk High School) padded his 4 TDs in the state title game, to 5.

Nor is anyone from Prairie Ridge. ESL was winning 36-14 with three minutes left in the game and they ran it in from the 1-yard line. The PR coach didn't complain, saying only that they lost to a great team.

All this sanctimonious preaching about not running up the score misses the most important point about high school football: Playing the game is fun. Scoring touchdowns is fun. And who wants to stop when you're having fun?

@Blue Ruin,

I posted this in the other thread when Genes gave me a little push. I have no problem with the score being what it was but this post below sums up something maybe a little more important.

@Gene K.

To be honest I don’t really care about the score totals. The better team won. That said I would have taken a different approach and emptied the bench like Racki did in the 2015 title game, rather than have my starters score a meaningless TD with 30 seconds on the clock. Imagine how a 4 year scout team player(that never saw game action, let alone score) would have felt punching in that final TD! Instead Al Bundy(Polk High School) padded his 4 TDs in the state title game, to 5.

Just stop with the logic.

The myopic few will focus on the score regardless, and talk about other teams scoring while with a lead. The ends justify the means.

Wouldn't it have been cool for that 4 year bench player who was never going to see the field score that TD if you NEEDED to score it with 30 seconds left? Nah, F that kid...

Reactions: Gene K.
Well done Blue
Brown has never looked so good.

Brown-Bikini-e1469696331398.jpeg
Things are not always what they seem

Reactions: Blue Ruin
ADVERTISEMENT