ADVERTISEMENT

MC vs. Naz

pjjp

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
This is the #1 game on my championship game viewing agenda. The big match up is the Naz offense vs. the Caravan defense. But, Naz' defense might be a bit underrated (is it possible for any part of the Naz team to be underrated?). Will the Lynch-led MC offense generate enough points to win? What say the "experts" in Edgyland?

After watching MC twice this year all I can say is this is a blue collar team. There is nothing sexy about them. They just grind you down and find ways to win. Big physical team who is fine controlling the clock. A couple linemen got injured yesterday but it was next man up until they returned. Should be a great matchup with Naz.

Naz will need to be able to run the ball and stay away from offensive penalties. The Naz RBs need to have a better game vs MC than they did with RM. If the running game is not working and they get offensive penalties putting them in long situations then book a MC win.

MC will shut down Morris in this game so their running game needs to be clicking.

On defense Naz has to contain QB Lynch because he can run and watch out for RB #36 who Willowbrook (a blue collar team) could not tackle. #36 will run over you.

With Montini going to the CCL Blue conference I noticed they would only beat those teams when they stopped the run and ran the football. It will be the same key here for Naz to get a win.

This will be quite a game.

Last edited:
Nazareth's uniforms have blue collars too, not sure what uniforms have to do with tackling.

Reactions: Bowie50
Jwar,

I think MC can shut down any one star player on another team if they want to. What guy would you want to shut down on Naz?

CCL Blue teams know how to take the opposition's best player out of the game (just like Belichek for the Patriots).

Only one answer, Morris.

@Wassup13

I don’t disagree with you that shutting down Morris has to be a priority, but specifically what or who have you seen on MC that’s up to the task while containing the rest of the Naz offense. Not saying it can’t be done but curious how you or anyone sees it getting done.

Jwar,

I think MC can shut down any one star player on another team if they want to. What guy would you want to shut down on Naz?

Only one answer, Morris.

In the past MC has been good with getting pressure with 4 plus 1 leaving 6 in coverage. There is always one man open but finding him in 2 seconds are less is the challenge. MC can be scored on but it’s not easy. They also do a great job of creating turnovers.

McCarthy without Morris is taking away 35 to 50% of the offense. Naz will have to win this with the running game and stopping the MC run.

@LHSTigers94

Agreed, but there is also a reason JJ has a Michigan(I can’t believe I said this with such vigor) offer. He’s not your average to great HS QB, he’s on a bit of a different level. Again not saying Naz is unbeatable but rather looking for specific details rather than blanket statements.

In the past MC has been good with getting pressure with 4 plus 1 leaving 6 in coverage. There is always one man open but finding him in 2 seconds are less is the challenge. MC can be scored on but it’s not easy. They also do a great job of creating turnovers.

@Wassup13

I’m not disagreeing with you that taking him away has that effect...I’m asking you how is MC going to take Morris out of the game?

Jwar,

The MC coaches will figure it out. All I can say is Morris will not be a factor. Naz still has enough to win this game if they concentrate on the basics which is stop the run and run the football.

Jwar,

The MC coaches will figure it out. All I can say is Morris will not be a factor. Naz still has enough to win this game if they concentrate on the basics which is stop the run and run the football.

And hypothetically speaking, if MC were to do something special defensively to “take Morris out of the game” and in so doing opens things up for another weapon (take your pick) then Morris indeed was a “factor.”

If MC is as good as you say at removing the star from their opponents game and it’s been successful in winning by doing so that is because most HS teams don’t have the depth of options that Nazareth has.... most teams can’t go to option 2,3,4,.... and be successful.

@LHSTigers94

Agreed, but there is also a reason JJ has a Michigan(I can’t believe I said this with such vigor) offer. He’s not your average to great HS QB, he’s on a bit of a different level. Again not saying Naz is unbeatable but rather looking for specific details rather than blanket statements.

Marist last year and Cardinal Ritter this year showed he is human and a high school Junior. You asked how and I gave an example. On paper we can all game plan and come up with a counter. Talking about it and doing it is two different things. MC typically make you beat them so that is what Naz will have to do. Beat them by any mean necessary. Should be a good game.

Last edited:
Marist last year and Cardinal Ritter this year showed he is human and a high school Junior. You asked how and I gave an example. On paper we can all game plan and come up with a counter. Talking about it and doing it is too different things. MC typically make you beat them so that is what Naz will have to do. Beat them by any mean necessary. Should be a good game.
Crown em

Go ahead and shut down Morris. That will just open up Morris you dolts!

And if not Morris or Morris....

Emanuel
Or...
Koziol
Or....
Reifsteck

All who could be the top target on many other teams..... and that addresses no threats out of the backfield.

At least your now catching on. Yes great group of guys and good points but none have scored 5 TDs in one game.

I also think Tyler and Landon will start their own law firm.

Broader question on the drooling over Michigan: Why? It's a marginal program, at best (currently). I get the traditional aspect of this, but they are maybe the 5th team in the B1G and would be cannon fodder in the SEC. Does anyone think Harbaugh can right this ship?

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Broader question on the drooling over Michigan: Why? It's a marginal program, at best (currently). I get the traditional aspect of this, but they are maybe the 5th team in the B1G and would be cannon fodder in the SEC. Does anyone think Harbaugh can right this ship?
They put a lot of players in the NFL and play several high profile games each year. Harbaugh will be back on the hot seat if he cannot get a W next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT