ADVERTISEMENT

MC vs Eisenhower

Blue Ruin

May 16, 2019
Chicago
Caravan cornerback Marty O'Brien intercepted a pass on the first play of the game, which MC promptly converted into score.

MC up 7-0

Carmel scores again against a listless Eisenhower team.

MC up 14-0, 7:48 left in 1Q.

Rinse and repeat. Lynch hits Livermore in stride for yet another TD.

MC up 21-0, 5:00 left in 1Q.

No running clock in playoffs.

Ben Perry returns an interception for a score.

28-0, still 1Q.

Enzo makes it 35-0, end of 1Q.

Last edited:
Reactions: sivada2001
Caravan cornerback Marty O'Brien intercepted a pass on the first play of the game, which MC promptly converted into score.

MC up 7-0

Carmel scores again against a listless Eisenhower team.

MC up 14-0, 7:48 left in 1Q.

Rinse and repeat. Lynch hits Livermore in stride for yet another TD.

MC up 21-0, 5:00 left in 1Q.

No running clock in playoffs.

Ben Perry returns an interception for a score.

28-0, still 1Q.
There is running clock in playoffs

Reactions: Irish LB
Can you defend MC playing Eisenhower? Hardly similar in program stature. Maybe their nuts will drop and petition up to 8A next year?

I am confident that MC is in the class most appropriate for its level of regular season competition and enrollment.

You have a point about Eisenhower. They shouldn't be in 7a. They are out-classed. More appropriately, they should switch with you guys.

Why the white jerseys at home for MC?
I guess they had some issues with their road jerseys....I guess a few of their players white jerseys became unserviceable in their last game and asked if they could wear their home jerseys because they didn’t have replacements.

I guess they had some issues with their road jerseys....I guess a few of their players white jerseys became unserviceable in their last game and asked if they could wear their home jerseys because they didn’t have replacements.
Good move MC!

Reactions: Gene K.
Can you defend MC playing Eisenhower? Hardly similar in program stature. Maybe their nuts will drop and petition up to 8A next year?

why would MC have to defend themselves for playing Eisenhower? That’s who the IHSA put in front of them, and they earned it with an undefeated season.

Reactions: sivada2001
I’m not sure of their exact boundaries but on this current MC Varsity roster, none.
Even if, MC usually gets just a few because that area (Alsip is also zoned to Ike) spreads itself around to Rice, Rita, Marist, even out to Providence (train) and Marian Catholic in the past.

I am confident that MC is in the class most appropriate for its level of regular season competition and enrollment.

You have a point about Eisenhower. They shouldn't be in 7a. They are out-classed. More appropriately, they should switch with you guys.

Let me get this straight. You lessen the accomplishments of schools like JCA winning 5A/6A championships. But completely fine with MC in 7A? Be consistent. And what do you mean "regular season competition"? The other 3 Blue teams are playing with the big boys in 8A.

Personally, I have zero issue with MC in 7A, but for someone so quick to demean the smaller classes, you sure are quick to defend playing in a smaller class.

Reactions: IgorStL
Let me get this straight. You lessen the accomplishments of schools like JCA winning 5A/6A championships. But completely fine with MC in 7A? Be consistent. And what do you mean "regular season competition"? The other 3 Blue teams are playing with the big boys in 8A.

Personally, I have zero issue with MC in 7A, but for someone so quick to demean the smaller classes, you sure are quick to defend playing in a smaller class.
If MC went strictly off enrollment they would be in 5A as they only have a handful more students then Rita. Their success factor bumps them up 2 classes. The “big boys” in the Blue Conference all have enrollment to put them in 8A.

If MC went strictly off enrollment they would be in 5A as they only have a handful more students then Rita. Their success factor bumps them up 2 classes. The “big boys” in the Blue Conference all have enrollment to put them in 8A.

Again, not criticizing MC. Merely calling out inconsistency.

And I don't think that's true. Brother Rice is 2A in soccer. So I think based on pure enrollment, they'd be 6A, right? (As would ND, but we are talking about Blue.)

Reactions: Gene K.
So people who want their kid to be in a catholic environment are wrong?
Why would you infer that, I made no statement whatsoever about quality of education or dedication to religion, just stating fact in response to assumptions that MC takes a lot from the ike district and that it is the only one that does so.

Most of us understand that and have great respect for MC but we also like poking the Grumpy Bear once in a while. MC63 :p

Reactions: McCaravan
Why would you infer that, I made no statement whatsoever about quality of education or dedication to religion, just stating fact in response to assumptions that MC takes a lot from the ike district and that it is the only one that does so.
Yes that should have went to the original guy pondering the question not you.

I never demeaned the smaller classes, what I demeaned is winning a state championship in a much lower class than your traditional opponents. You guys usually play 7a and 8a schools during the season. You have a much more sophisticated program than most of the teams you'd meet in a 5a tournament. You have an unfair advantage.

Last year, JCA guys were spouting off about 14 state championships. Gimme a break.

And why is Carmel but not Montini, Providence, or JCA bumped up because of the success factor? Any team that's won multiple state championships should automatically be promoted.

Last edited:
Think they have half the number of boys so they only get put so high?

I never demeaned the smaller classes, what I demeaned is winning a state championship in a much lower class than your traditional opponents. You guys usually play 7a and 8a schools during the season. You have a much more sophisticated program than most of the teams you'd meet in a 5a tournament. You have an unfair advantage.

Last year, JCA guys were spouting off about 14 state championships. Gimme a break.

So what is your line? 6A = "gimme a break" and not very "sophisticated" programs? But 7A = good to go?

I never demeaned the smaller classes, what I demeaned is winning a state championship in a much lower class than your traditional opponents. You guys usually play 7a and 8a schools during the season.

This has been proven false multiple times but you keep hanging your hat on it. Don’t you have some kids on your lawn you can yell at because you aren’t good at this...

And why is Carmel but not Montini, Providence, or JCA bumped up because of the success factor? Any team that's won multiple state championships should automatically be promoted.
Montini and JCA are multiplied up, if they weren't they would land in 3A/4A possibly 2A/3A.

As far as the success factor, it kicks in every 2 years, so that could also be a factor soon. I'm not sure if it would be 2020 or 2021. That could put one or both in 6A. And Success Factor is based on the previous 2 years not their entire history.

Any team that's won multiple state championships should automatically be promoted.
Sorry but this is a bad take. What if a team won multiple titles 6-9 years ago? Why should a team of players that had no impact on a programs success be forced to play up?

I believe that every open enrollment private school is multiplied unless they have had no playoff (State) wins for a certain amount of years. Then the multiplier is waived until they win a playoff game. SR should be multiplied next season I believe. Someone with more knowledge would be able to tell us for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT