ADVERTISEMENT

Lower level reports standings from CCL/ESCC ?

eireog

Oct 6, 2007
I don’t see anything on the website about lower levels. I have been checking the ESCC site. I’ll search for CCL site. Standings and results don’t always tell everything so I’d welcome any input.

JCA sophs are 4-0-1. Tied with Naperville Central JV. I think the Frosh are 3-2. Lost to PC an LWE I believe

JCA sophs are 4-0-1. Tied with Naperville Central JV. I think the Frosh are 3-2. Lost to PC an LWE I believe

I want to see that JCA Loyola varsity game.

Do you think anyone has a shot at JCA in the playoffs?

I want to see that JCA Loyola varsity game.

Do you think anyone has a shot at JCA in the playoffs?
Yes. I think St Francis for sure sounds like they have the talent. Although them playing such an absurd schedule definitely works against them in a big game against one of the top 4A teams. SHG would most likely be a game for sure. If Rochester dips, then definitely they could give JC trouble. I am sure there are a few more who could hang for awhile. But the above three seem to be the ones who would have the best shot. Not sure how close Rochester is to the 4A /5A bubble this season.

Reactions: Gene K.
St Laurence sophomore team is 5 & 0. 1 by forfeit (Montini doesn’t field a team this year)

Doesn’t mean anything but a fun fact is this years LA seniors played the JCA seniorsnas freshman. LA 29 JCA 0.
I agree but here I am a reasonably sensible man In his mid 50’s and lower level CCL/ESCC football is on my mind!!

Reactions: Gene K.
Did they pull up players to varsity or was it the freshman team this Friday night. pretty shocked with the 30-21 loss to Benet sophomores who just won their second game in two years.

Not totally positive but my guess it was JCA Freshman. JV plays tonite before varsity I believe..

That was the soph team for JCA that lost to Benet. Didnt watch the game so I can't really comment.

MC Freshman are 5-0
19-6 vs Rita
45-0 vs DePaul
28-2 vs ND
14-0 vs Marist
37-6 vs Iggy

Soph are 4-1- 7 starters on Varsity
9-7 vs SR
34-0 vs Phillips
28-14 vs ND
L 10-7 vs Marist
29-0 vs Iggy
I believe our sophs tied BR at either 28 or 35

I believe our sophs tied BR at either 28 or 35
Freshman are now 8-0, going into week 9 against I believe a 8-0 LA team for the Blue Championship. Sophs tied BR and beat Laurence. 1 more player, that 6’5 WR, got a varsity call up and one of their best remaining players Daigler is out for the year so LA will be a tall order for the Soph.

What's the correlation between frosh record and varsity success?
I would say, and @McCaravan or @DeanOfSelection correct me if you think I am wrong, if you can watch an area’s teams as Frosh, you can probably hit the varsity moneyline (pick the winner correctly) about 70% of the time. Records don’t matter per se, but seeing each team’s competitive level and ignoring snaps over heads, pick 6’s on swing routes, muffed punts etc., you can get a decent but not faultless gauge.

Providence has a soph/JV level? I thought they didnt have enough to field that level?
PC's freshmen lost to SR today before the varsity game. Soph's playing Saturday Morning. I think that's because so many sophomores suit/play on the PC varsity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT