ADVERTISEMENT

Interested to see this weekend if….

All.... I don't recall the Ihsa putting out total attendance figures for the two day football champions for quite some time. I would love to see the draw for the last five years. Anyone? Ratsy

Reactions: Gene K.
I am happy to see attendance rose but 40K for 8 sessions isnt a great number if you take the average of 5K per session.

Though nothing will change with the venue and format for another 4-5 years or however long the contract with the SFC is for, they should consider something more for the athletes.

Two arenas that stick out to me are the Allstate Arena in Rosemont and the NOW Arena in Hoffman Estates. They both have more than enough hotels, restaurants and entertainment.

I know people say Wintrust but I personally feel people have no interest in going to the city.

• Haha
Reactions: all4theillini
Yes really....why pay twice as much for hotels, parking and food.

Wintrust isnt the most friendly driving destination for a good majority of suburbanites.

I am happy to see attendance rose but 40K for 8 sessions isnt a great number if you take the average of 5K per session.

Though nothing will change with the venue and format for another 4-5 years or however long the contract with the SFC is for, they should consider something more for the athletes.

Two arenas that stick out to me are the Allstate Arena in Rosemont and the NOW Arena in Hoffman Estates. They both have more than enough hotels, restaurants and entertainment.

I know people say Wintrust but I personally feel people have no interest in going to the city.
And there it is!!! The post as old as time.🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Since tickets are sold online now, I wonder if the IHSA looks at the data to see who purchased tickets?

Were tickets only purchased from the participating zip codes or were there general fans in attendance?

How many people purchased tickets for both sessions 7 and 8 on Saturday?

All this information could be useful when planning in the future.

It makes no difference where the fans were from that purchased tickets. The fact that it was up 18 percent from the previous year is good enough. Let's keep the tournament in Champaign for years to come. No need to move it anywhere else. As for us folks that stay home and watch the games on television, it would be nice if the IHSA could purchase or lease decent equipment so the games could actually be watched. The entire broadcast for all sessions was marred by constant piixelating, freezing and at times completely lost broadcast altogether. At times it was barely watchable. And one more thing. Kudos and congratulations to the downstate teams who won championships. I am not sure I ever remember both 3A and 4A going to downstate, non-Chicago teams. I hope that continues as well. Well done, guys!!

• Love
Reactions: all4theillini
It makes no difference where the fans were from that purchased tickets. The fact that it was up 18 percent from the previous year is good enough. Let's keep the tournament in Champaign for years to come. No need to move it anywhere else. As for us folks that stay home and watch the games on television, it would be nice if the IHSA could purchase or lease decent equipment so the games could actually be watched. The entire broadcast for all sessions was marred by constant piixelating, freezing and at times completely lost broadcast altogether. At times it was barely watchable. And one more thing. Kudos and congratulations to the downstate teams who won championships. I am not sure I ever remember both 3A and 4A going to downstate, non-Chicago teams. I hope that continues as well. Well done, guys!!

2019 As reported earlier

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT