ADVERTISEMENT

CPL Pick 'Em Week 1

thecpsblog

Sep 26, 2017
Oh baby, it's great to be back. It's that time of year where toilets start to clog, renovation projects get delayed and the CPL starts play Wednesday at 4. While this heat wave moves everyone off the anticipated early kick, we'll focus on one game per stadium this week. As usual, remember, the rules don't Mather, just get us that hot analysis and your take on these mighty matchups...

Eckersall: Friday 4:15 - Julian vs Fenger
Another season for Fenger without Finger at the helm such a colossal let down for the first game on the CPL slate for the season. While this is undoubtedly disappointing, the anticipated typical CPS result will happen. First game of the season means Julian doesn't have enough to field a team, FENGER wins by forfeit!

Rockne: Friday 7:15 - Clark vs Collins
Clark brings the beef and heavy ground and pound run game. Collins finally sees the triplets graduate after being rejected for another extra year of eligibility and are a spread em out and run and shoot offense. Clearly the matchup that has the advantage answers that age old question: Where's the beef? Clark pounds out another year opening dub.

Lane: Friday 4:15 - Celmente vs Aspira Co-Op
I think this is the first time I have seen Aspira listed as a co-op. Every other year they are listed as having a varsity team and every other year they end up playing maybe 2 games. Does the co-op change that? My guess no. The only reliable thing to go off with this one is that while that scoreboard enters year two at Lane, my guess is there's at least a few lights out on it already.

Winnemac: Friday 4:15 - Noble - Golder vs Senn
Easy to pick this one as it's the only Friday game with no lights at the mighty Winnemac. One would think with a nice facility CPS would invest in some lights with the help of the park district instead of throwing small turf fields around that teams can barely fit on to practice, but it is CPS we're dealing with so let's embrace the 4:15 and hope we end up getting a 2:30/3 start to really kick off the football weekend (yes weekends can start on Wednesday if you're doing it right). But analysis for this one is simple.. DAWGZ!

Gately: Friday 4:15 - Corliss vs Noble - Hansberry
Man we could have got some marquee attention with the Beast taking on Kenwood, but alas game is rescheduled to Saturday. Before getting to are actual matchup I will make a prediction on this one. Game is Saturday, everyone is announcing 10 am. Someone will post its actually at 7 because why would host such a big game at 10 am on a freaking Saturday morning. Everyone will be confused. No one will know what's going on. The game will start whenever both teams show up kicking off whatever small ticket game should be played. Fingers will be pointed, names will be called, the beast will roll... Okay now we get to our game of the week! Corliss is primed and ready, they have been steadily climbing the ranks of CPL, the Berries are good one year awful the next. Which means they are primed to be eaten. Give me the Snakes of Corlisssssssssssssssss!

Stay hydrated for this weekend folks, we're back!

Can it be? CPL Football is back baby!!! After having to spend the last few months lurking around other posts that mention CPL, I am so stoked to get back to real football...CPL Style. ON TO THE PICKS!!

Friday night. 4:15. Eckersall... you should know this one by now...
FENGER!!

Clark and Collins sounds like a fancy suburban jewelry store. Weird that it would show up in a CPL Pick 'em post. Really fits better later in the season when we get the subdivision battles in the playoffs. You know, "Thurston, please stop by Clark and Collins to pick up my pearls on your way to the apple bobbing and pumpkin carving as we decorate the 'Ridge'"
Collins!

I am a sucker for a hyphen. I almost always pick a hyphen. Though, a co-op only hyphen kind of sucks the fun out of them for me. Combine that with a team that folds every year, and.....I"M PICKING THEM TO WIN THEIR CONFERENCE!! PLAYOFF BOUND BABY!!!
ASPIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!

If you aren't down with that, I got two words for ya....
GO DAWGZZ!!

SSSSSnakes vs Berries in the early Friday game at Gately. As a long time CPS fan, I always like this game the best. The Gately dogs are still warm from the Thursday night games, the BBQ guys are just rolling in on the outside of the north end zone, and there are 6 fans in the stands. Love it! Food talk aside, I'm trying to eat healthier this year...
BERRIES!

BONUS PICK. LWE vs Kenwood (sometime this weekend..)
I once was at playoff game on a Saturday morning when LWE played Taft at Lane. Taft rolls out the trick play and scores to go up 7-0 on the opening drive. It got pretty ugly after that. Probably the last time LWE was in the city. At least Gately is a better stadium than Lane.
EAST!!

Last edited:
Can it be? CPL Football is back baby!!! After having to spend the last few months lurking around other posts that mention CPL, I am so stoked to get back to real football...CPL Style. ON TO THE PICKS!!

Friday night. 4:15. Eckersall... you should know this one by now...
FENGER!!

Clark and Collins sounds like a fancy suburban jewelry store. Weird that it would show up in a CPL Pick 'em post. Really fits better later in the season when we get the subdivision battles in the playoffs. You know, "Thurston, please stop by Clark and Collins to pick up my pearls on your way to the apple bobbing and pumpkin carving as we decorate the 'Ridge'"
Collins!

I am a sucker for a hyphen. I almost always pick a hyphen. Though, a co-op kind of sucks the fun out of them for me. Combine that with a team that folds every year, and.....I"M PICKING THEM TO WIN THEIR CONFERENCE!! PLAYOFF BOUND BABY!!!
ASPIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!

If you aren't down with that, I got two words for ya....
GO DAWGZZ!!

SSSSSnakes vs Berries in the early Friday game at Gately. As a long time CPS fan, I always like this game the best. The Gately dogs are still warm from the Thursday night games, the BBQ guys are just rolling in on the outside of the north end zone, and there are 6 fans in the stands. Love it! Food talk aside, I'm trying to eat healthier this year...
BERRIES!

BONUS PICK. LWE vs Kenwood (sometime this weekend..)
I once was at playoff game on a Saturday morning when LWE played Taft at Lane. Taft rolls out the trick play and scores to go up 7-0 on the opening drive. It got pretty ugly after that. Probably the last time LWE was in the city. At least Gately is a better stadium than Lane.
EAST!!
I think Lane is great place to watch a game. Maybe not to play a game

I think Lane is great place to watch a game. Maybe not to play a game
I'm guessing you never had to use the bathroom...if you can find a functioning one. Or, you really don't like hearing whatever the announcer might be saying. I will acknowledge that they replaced the scoreboard, but I'm sure that will be rendered to "semi-functioning" soon.

I'm guessing you never had to use the bathroom...if you can find a functioning one. Or, you really don't like hearing whatever the announcer might be saying. I will acknowledge that they replaced the scoreboard, but I'm sure that will be rendered to "semi-functioning" soon.
I said watch the game. Nothing more. Amenities need a lot of work. Only watched games when Catholic schools were playing so Red coats were not so bad.

Oh baby, it's great to be back. It's that time of year where toilets start to clog, renovation projects get delayed and the CPL starts play Wednesday at 4. While this heat wave moves everyone off the anticipated early kick, we'll focus on one game per stadium this week. As usual, remember, the rules don't Mather, just get us that hot analysis and your take on these mighty matchups...

Another season for Fenger without Finger at the helm such a colossal let down for the first game on the CPL slate for the season. While this is undoubtedly disappointing, the anticipated typical CPS result will happen. First game of the season means Julian doesn't have enough to field a team, FENGER wins by forfeit!

Clark brings the beef and heavy ground and pound run game. Collins finally sees the triplets graduate after being rejected for another extra year of eligibility and are a spread em out and run and shoot offense. Clearly the matchup that has the advantage answers that age old question: Where's the beef? Clark pounds out another year opening dub.

I think this is the first time I have seen Aspira listed as a co-op. Every other year they are listed as having a varsity team and every other year they end up playing maybe 2 games. Does the co-op change that? My guess no. The only reliable thing to go off with this one is that while that scoreboard enters year two at Lane, my guess is there's at least a few lights out on it already.

Easy to pick this one as it's the only Friday game with no lights at the mighty Winnemac. One would think with a nice facility CPS would invest in some lights with the help of the park district instead of throwing small turf fields around that teams can barely fit on to practice, but it is CPS we're dealing with so let's embrace the 4:15 and hope we end up getting a 2:30/3 start to really kick off the football weekend (yes weekends can start on Wednesday if you're doing it right). But analysis for this one is simple.. DAWGZ!

Man we could have got some marquee attention with the Beast taking on Kenwood, but alas game is rescheduled to Saturday. Before getting to are actual matchup I will make a prediction on this one. Game is Saturday, everyone is announcing 10 am. Someone will post its actually at 7 because why would host such a big game at 10 am on a freaking Saturday morning. Everyone will be confused. No one will know what's going on. The game will start whenever both teams show up kicking off whatever small ticket game should be played. Fingers will be pointed, names will be called, the beast will roll... Okay now we get to our game of the week! Corliss is primed and ready, they have been steadily climbing the ranks of CPL, the Berries are good one year awful the next. Which means they are primed to be eaten. Give me the Snakes of Corlisssssssssssssssss!

Stay hydrated for this weekend folks, we're back!
Had a Julienne salad the other day down on the South Side. It didn't sit well with me at all. No idea what bacteria was in that soft lettuce, but I paid for it all day and all night. Screw the salad, it's only Fenger Chicken Fingers for me! The toilets at Eckersall better be working.

I can't wait to sit in traffic after the 4:15 game at Eckersall to make it Rockne in time for this battle of the titans! Tom Collins vs. Dwight Clark. The drink vs. the Catch! My stomach is still acting up, run the damn ball before the lights go out. I'll take the drinks (and then some Pepto Bismol).

Lane: Friday 4:15 - Clemente vs Aspira Co-Op
Aspira specializes in Business and Finance. They will be too busy gathering tax information for the referees so that each ref has the proper amount of taxes taken out of their game check. The refs will keep the flags in their pocket so they can keep the cash in their pocket. Clemente committs 22 penalties, the refs get their checks and don't commit tax fraud, the White Tigers take care of the White Hat and get the win.

SENN, nothing else needs to be said.

I had a child last year, and he loves the berries. Raspberries and blueberries are his favorite, but now that it's CPL time, Hansberry will be his favorite! Hopefully the toilets at Gately don't have to deal with the same poop as my boy after he eats berries. Hansberry shits their pants and fails to make it out for the 2nd half. Corliss wins and then in true CPS fashion, probably had to get a bus to make it back to their school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT