ADVERTISEMENT

Bears Football Talk

Oh well I bitched and whined but they came away with another very fortunate W. Very happy to be 4-1 but I can’t help but seeing so many areas that need to improve. They are mediocre at best.
No doubt. A win is a win, but not sure how this team has managed to be 4-1. Agree with you on the call on 2nd and 9. Clock management is not one of Nagy's strengths. And this O-line is bad. Can't run block. And can't pass block, which is at a higher premium with an immobile QB. Oh well, they are 4-1. LOL

Reactions: markmacaluso
I'm dreading when they play the Packers in a few weeks. This is a very average to bad 4-1 team.

Like I said we know nothing until week 7. That's when the schedule gets tough.

The difference is Brady. If you have Brady on your team you have a good chance of winning. He makes his teammates better just by the way he carries himself. Everyone on the team will work harder and step up for him.
I didn't see the whole game but I understand Brady lost count of the downs on the last drive TB had. Had a 4th and 5 and thought it was 3rd down? Oops. I saw up to about 5 minutes left in the third quarter. I saw a lot of mistakes on both sides of the ball. Especially Tampa.

Tom Brady pulls a Detroit Pistons.

After the game Foles is waiting for Brady at the 50 yard line to shake hands and Brady ignores him and runs off the field.

After the game Foles is waiting for Brady at the 50 yard line to shake hands and Brady ignores him and runs off the field.

Or maybe he is not trying to be like Mahomes and get exposed to Covid by shaking everyone’s hand afterwards?

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
Or maybe he is not trying to be like Mahomes and get exposed to Covid by shaking everyone’s hand afterwards?

I would not be surprised if Isiah Thomas comes out tomorrow and tells us he did not shake Jordan's hand due to covid.

My guess is that he was furious about his mistake, and about his team's play.

In the second quarter, Brady snuck and successfully converted a 4th and less than 1 deep in their own territory and the Bucs went on to kick a FG. Crazy call at the time.

Worse, though, was the play before that when the replay showed that Tyler Johnson clearly stepped out of bounds at least 2.5 yards short of the first down, but the refs spotted the ball as if he didn't, setting up that very short yardage 4th down.

Why didn't the Bears challenge that spot, especially when it became clear that TB was going to go for it? I suppose the answer is that they would get the ball back in great field position if their D held...except they didn't and TB went on to kick a FG to go up 13-0.

I'm dreading when they play the Packers in a few weeks. This is a very average to bad 4-1 team.
Most of the league is "very average" though. There are a few good teams (stud QB's), but overall it's parity. A couple crazy comebacks like the Bears had against Detroit and Atlanta is the difference between 6-10 and 10-6.

Most of the league is "very average" though. There are a few good teams (stud QB's), but overall it's parity. A couple crazy comebacks like the Bears had against Detroit and Atlanta is the difference between 6-10 and 10-6.
You want to know if the league is full of parity? Try picking a card. I think it is harder now than I can ever remember. And I am only making straight up picks. In the five games the Bears have played I have picked them wrong three times. My overall record right now is 41-24 and I feel fortunate for it to even be that good. It is such a crap shoot.

You want to know if the league is full of parity? Try picking a card. I think it is harder now than I can ever remember. And I am only making straight up picks. In the five games the Bears have played I have picked them wrong three times. My overall record right now is 41-24 and I feel fortunate for it to even be that good. It is such a crap shoot.
You'd be doing bad in my pickem league. I'm 48-17

You'd be doing bad in my pickem league. I'm 48-17
Not that bad. I would only be 7 wins off your pace with 12 weeks to go. But, it is a weird system they use. They throw out your worst two weeks. For the originally scheduled Monday night game you also have to pick the total number of points scored by both teams. Then at the end they come up with the total actually scored measured against your prediction as a tie breaker. The closer you are to the actual number, the better off you are.

We really aren't gambling because we put no money into it. It is run by a company I do business with. But the winner each week gets free lunch for the business owner and their staff. At the end of the year, the winner gets a $500 check. Second place gets $250 and third place gets $100. It only runs through the season, not into the playoffs.

I would be 7 wins or points behind you if it's wins alone. And with this system I am also 7 points off the lead which includes the tie breaker. This is a more forgiving system.

I don't know how many people are in your group. But, we have about 150. Right now I am tied for 27th place. But a couple good weeks by me and average weeks for the others could put me in the top 10 or 12. It can shift pretty quickly.

You know as well as I do, the key is picking the toss up games correctly more often than not. For instance, everyone will pick Green Bay to beat the Lions. So, you can't pick up ground there.

But who do you pick with Jacksonville at Houston? Or with the way things have gone, IND at CLE? Or even CAR at ATL? This week doesn't seem to have as many close ones as usual. I picked Tampa to beat the Bears. Twenty-four people picked the Bears. Most others picked TB. I don't mind losing the ones others lose. It's the middle ones you gotta win. Good luck to you!

Not that bad. I would only be 7 wins off your pace with 12 weeks to go. But, it is a weird system they use. They throw out your worst two weeks. For the originally scheduled Monday night game you also have to pick the total number of points scored by both teams. Then at the end they come up with the total actually scored measured against your prediction as a tie breaker. The closer you are to the actual number, the better off you are.

We really aren't gambling because we put no money into it. It is run by a company I do business with. But the winner each week gets free lunch for the business owner and their staff. At the end of the year, the winner gets a $500 check. Second place gets $250 and third place gets $100. It only runs through the season, not into the playoffs.

I would be 7 wins or points behind you if it's wins alone. And with this system I am also 7 points off the lead which includes the tie breaker. This is a more forgiving system.

I don't know how many people are in your group. But, we have about 150. Right now I am tied for 27th place. But a couple good weeks by me and average weeks for the others could put me in the top 10 or 12. It can shift pretty quickly.

You know as well as I do, the key is picking the toss up games correctly more often than not. For instance, everyone will pick Green Bay to beat the Lions. So, you can't pick up ground there.

But who do you pick with Jacksonville at Houston? Or with the way things have gone, IND at CLE? Or even CAR at ATL? This week doesn't seem to have as many close ones as usual. I picked Tampa to beat the Bears. Twenty-four people picked the Bears. Most others picked TB. I don't mind losing the ones others lose. It's the middle ones you gotta win. Good luck to you!
Fair. I'm doing pretty well though. I'm 6th in Rivers $50k season long pickem right now, so hopefully I keep that up! I took TB as well because I don't trust the bears. They are actually 2 of my losses now. I took HOU, CAR, and IND. Carolina is also two of my losses.

Hey I understand the Bears don’t look that great... but let’s not forget the Bears Golden Rule..

Whenever EVERYONE is down on the Bears, they end up making some amazing magic en route to 12-13 wins. In history when national media predicts them 7 or less losses, they historically end up winning division. Some fun homework if anyone interested:).

I think the same happens this year. I call it the “Mike Brown Magic”.

Yes it's amazing they are getting the wins this year. Last year they scored a touchdown in the 1st half in only 5 games.

This year I think the trend is continuing. I think they may have 3 or 4 games this year without a 1st half touchdown??

I didn't see the whole game but I understand Brady lost count of the downs on the last drive TB had. Had a 4th and 5 and thought it was 3rd down? Oops. I saw up to about 5 minutes left in the third quarter. I saw a lot of mistakes on both sides of the ball. Especially Tampa.

And yet some how Brady with a new team will lead them into the playoffs. If you bet against him your a fool. He will always put his team in position to win. That said I am happy with the Bears close win.

Yes it's amazing they are getting the wins this year. Last year they scored a touchdown in the 1st half in only 5 games.

This year I think the trend is continuing. I think they may have 3 or 4 games this year without a 1st half touchdown??

Wassup13
Way to turn a positive into a negative. We know your in love with Mahomes and now KC, but man you really take joy in bashing your home team.

Wassup13
Way to turn a positive into a negative. We know your in love with Mahomes and now KC, but man you really take joy in bashing your home team.

Big positive - Their winning, that's the bottom line.

I've been saying since like game 2 of the season game 7 through the end of the year will tell us what kind of team they are this year.

Reactions: brucealmighy
Big positive - Their winning, that's the bottom line.

I've been saying since like game 2 of the season game 7 through the end of the year will tell us what kind of team they are this year.

Lol
We already know what kind of team they are just in enjoy the W’s.

Because it’s nothing more than an excuse. 43rd pick in the draft and played at a major college, so this need for development should not fly. Look at the rookie stats of Kelce, Ertz, and Kittle - are they just exceptions to the 3 year development rule? If so, then don’t spend #43 on a developmental position, especially when you had needs elsewhere.

Reactions: missingwalter
Because it’s nothing more than an excuse. 43rd pick in the draft and played at a major college, so this need for development should not fly. Look at the rookie stats of Kelce, Ertz, and Kittle - are they just exceptions to the 3 year development rule? If so, then don’t spend #43 on a developmental position, especially when you had needs elsewhere.
Did you not read after that post? I corrected myself to 2 years, and posted the article which I received the info from.

He's been targeted 3 times in 5 games, I'm not sure if that's on the coaching staff or Kmet, but the pick itself has done nothing to help the Bears.

Reactions: PowerI66
So, we still shouldn’t realistically expect anything from him this season? Got it.
I just think your ire is misplaced. Should we also criticize Mooney or Montgomery. It all starts with the offensive line and coaching staff. The Bears did not invest enough in those two areas, and the results speak for themselves. If you want to bag on Kmet though, go ahead.

Let's upset Carolina in the heat come Sunday, then focus on GB. It might not be as bad as you think. First, how is GB's offensive line? Is it offensive? If so, the decent pass rush by Bear can affect Rodger. Second, intra-conference games are always fairly close. Third, how is GB's defense? Maybe Fole and the struggling o-line can take some time off the clock and produce.

How you doing Mark Mancaluso! Haven't seen you on Edgy in a while. Is your son still playing football?

Gene the Machine!

No my son is done with football. He's a sophomore at Illinois State. Sitting around his Frat house taking all of his classes "virtually" but still paying the full tuition. College is such a scam.

Let's upset Carolina in the heat come Sunday, then focus on GB. It might not be as bad as you think. First, how is GB's offensive line? Is it offensive? If so, the decent pass rush by Bear can affect Rodger. Second, intra-conference games are always fairly close. Third, how is GB's defense? Maybe Fole and the struggling o-line can take some time off the clock and produce.

Yep I agree about not looking ahead. It hurts my brain too much.

I'm happy they are 4 - 1 but I'm not kidding myself either. It's more relaxing to watch the games when your expectations are already low. 2 things still get to me each time I watch....1) some of the coaching decisions / play calls and 2) horrendous offensive line blocking (run or pass).

That said, I feel more confident with Foles at QB and the defense (while not dominant) is still good enough to keep them in any game. Their next 4 games are tough so I'll wait until those are in the books before I make my prediction on them making the playoffs.

Reactions: Gene K. and corey90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT