ADVERTISEMENT

Bears Football Talk

Can the Bears catch the damn ball. Foles clearly looks better than MT. He throws a much better ball with a tight spiral. If the Bears receivers catch the ball we would be winning the damn game. As it is I feel Foles may give them a chance to win if we catch the ball.

We need to think about what we all saw. Foles through 5 touchdowns 2 called back. He did that in 1 1/2 quarters. Has Mitch ever thrown 5 TDs in a game? The comparisons are not even close if the Bears go back to Mitch next week I will lose it.

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin
We need to think about what we all saw. Foles through 5 touchdowns 2 called back. He did that in 1 1/2 quarters. Has Mitch ever thrown 5 TDs in a game? The comparisons are not even close if the Bears go back to Mitch next week I will lose it.
To be fair it looked very similar to what Mitch did in the fourth vs the Lions. That being said you have to stick with Foles now

What a gift. Someone needs to explain the concept of clock management to the Atlanta coaching staff.

I liked the quick hook of Trubisky. The Bears come into the game 2-0, but Nagy moved pretty quickly on the QB change, IMO. I'm hoping this is the end of the "Trubisky era" in Chicago.

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin
Interesting to hear Foles changing the plays based on the defense and Nagy trusting him to make the right decision. I don’t believe they ever had the confidence in Mitch to call his own play. Also Foles talking to the receiver just get to the L and the ball will be there. I doubt Mitch ever did things like that and here you have Foles doing this in his first start with the team. Even behind by two scores late in the game. That’s called experience and confidence. These are both important traits for a QB. Foles might not play great every game but I like our chances with him in the game.

I think Mitch May thrown 5 or more in a game a couple years ago.

Nice win by Foles. Still not really a believer in him for the entire season. Still don't think the Bears play anyone good until week 7. It will be interesting what the Bears record will be from week 7 on.

I will give Mitch credit for throwing 5 or 6 TDs in a game. Foles has thrown 7 in a game. He also has thrown a perfect game & QB rating. No current QBs can boast that stat. passes I will take Foles at 31 over MT. As I see it you know what you get with both. Foles experience been there done that and he still has a good arm and passes with accuracy. Mitch no big upside we have seen enough the past 3 years. If he was going to get better he already would have. He is still doing much of the same as we saw last year. Don’t get me wrong I like Mitch as a back up but not as a starter.

I will give Mitch credit for throwing 5 or 6 TDs in a game. Foles has thrown 7 in a game. He also has thrown a perfect game & QB rating. No current QBs can boast that stat. passes I will take Foles at 31 over MT. As I see it you know what you get with both. Foles experience been there done that and he still has a good arm and passes with accuracy. Mitch no big upside we have seen enough the past 3 years. If he was going to get better he already would have. He is still doing much of the same as we saw last year. Don’t get me wrong I like Mitch as a back up but not as a starter.

Can they have some plays with both in the game especially with Mitch being a great runner? May have to with one RB out for the season.

Sure unless they worry about him getting hurt?

Don't worry Mitch won't try to run anyone over. Did you see him stop frozen on that long run where he stopped at the 10 yard line. You would have thought he saw Dick Butkus there the way he stopped and stood there.

Don't worry Mitch won't try to run anyone over. Did you see him stop frozen on that long run where he stopped at the 10 yard line. You would have thought he saw Dick Butkus there the way he stopped and stood there.

Lol
Yes I did. It was a nice run, It was more yards than any one pass from him. Hahaha
If they use him as RB he will get hurt. If they use him as a receiver he might last longer?

Reactions: Wassup13
He is not playing anything but backup QB. It’s one thing to make a long run when a team drops in man coverage. It is a completely different story if you are lined up on the backfield.

I agree that the Bears are a better team with Foles in as opposed to Trubisky. But, let's understand something. It's a win and we will take it. But they beat a very bad Atlanta team. I picked the Falcons to win the game. And I also didn't think Nagy would pull Mitch and was actually a little surprised he did. But we all know it was the right move. If Nagy didn't make that move the Bears would have lost that game.

Atlanta came in with a defense that allowed 77.4% of the passes against them to be completed. That is as horrible as it gets. Someone mentioned their poor clock management in the 4th quarter and I couldn't agree more. I think there was one set of downs when they passed all three times, all incompletions and they had the big lead at that time. Their head coach, Dan Quinn should be fired today.

Someone here said they don't play a tough team till week 7. I disagree. While I am not saying Indy is tough, you just don't know what you're going to get with that team. This coming game could be a dangerous one. Then they have to go right back and play again on Thursday night against Tampa Bay. The Bucs will not be a pushover.

Then it's on the road at Carolina. Finally in their last 10 games, right now, I see two teams I feel very confident they will beat. Detroit and Jacksonville. Yes they do have the Vikings on the schedule twice. But throw the records out when it comes to division play.

In my eyes, these first three games were pushovers and the Bears should have pounded all three. Hopefully they do better with Foles in there. But, I can't help thinking Cam Newton was available too. May have been cap issues there, however.

I agree that the Bears are a better team with Foles in as opposed to Trubisky. But, let's understand something. It's a win and we will take it. But they beat a very bad Atlanta team. I picked the Falcons to win the game. And I also didn't think Nagy would pull Mitch and was actually a little surprised he did. But we all know it was the right move. If Nagy didn't make that move the Bears would have lost that game.

Atlanta came in with a defense that allowed 77.4% of the passes against them to be completed. That is as horrible as it gets. Someone mentioned their poor clock management in the 4th quarter and I couldn't agree more. I think there was one set of downs when they passed all three times, all incompletions and they had the big lead at that time. Their head coach, Dan Quinn should be fired today.

Someone here said they don't play a tough team till week 7. I disagree. While I am not saying Indy is tough, you just don't know what you're going to get with that team. This coming game could be a dangerous one. Then they have to go right back and play again on Thursday night against Tampa Bay. The Bucs will not be a pushover.

Then it's on the road at Carolina. Finally in their last 10 games, right now, I see two teams I feel very confident they will beat. Detroit and Jacksonville. Yes they do have the Vikings on the schedule twice. But throw the records out when it comes to division play.

In my eyes, these first three games were pushovers and the Bears should have pounded all three. Hopefully they do better with Foles in there. But, I can't help thinking Cam Newton was available too. May have been cap issues there, however.

a lot of truth in what you said and I agree with just about everything you said with the exception of Cam Newton. I am not a big fan of Cams but I do see why you like him. I like the fact Nagy finally had the balls to put Foles in the game. My opinion is Foles has always been an after thought and when given the chance Nick just goes about his business. I would love to see how he plays if a coach actually believes in him. If he gets hot he can really light it up. You don’t throw a perfect QBR with being lucky. You don’t win the Super Bowl by being lucky. This guy has talent and if Nagy gives him a good game plan with confidence and allows Nick to play he will put points on the board. Your right about Indy and Tampa they are both going to be tough games.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
Well, let's not get out in front of our skis here. But, who would you rather have? Foles or Newton? I don't think Foles is a long term answer either. God knows, he's had some awful games. But it's him or Trubisky and Mitch, at best, is a backup QB. So, this is who the Bears have. I think Newton's health may have been an issue to consider as well. I don't care whether I am a "fan" of a QB or not. My first question is, can he get the job done? And Newton isn't a long term answer either.

Foles does have a history of injury problems so the likelihood is Trubisky will be back as a starter before the season is over.

Who are your picks on your roster if you could pick anyone all time who played for the Bears to play for you?

This is your team to pick, not googles. One year Bear players can be chosen.

Last edited:
Aurora Marmion's Jordan Glasgow with a nice blocked punt.

Last edited:
In the modern day NFL, it’s unusual to see an O-line dominated to that degree. Indy’s front seven just overwhelmed the Bears.

Bears suffer from a bad combo...in my opinion, a below average coaching staff and little talent on field

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT