ADVERTISEMENT

Bears Football Talk

Bears suffer from a bad combo...in my opinion, a below average coaching staff and little talent on field
It is ironic that Nagy is an offensive coach. Any success he's had as a head coach has been the result of their defense. They lack playmakers. Alan Robinson is a good possession receiver. No one else on the offense presents much of a threat.

Reactions: Wassup13
Bears suffer from a bad combo...in my opinion, a below average coaching staff and little talent on field

They are missing a guy who has potential to take it to the house on any play.

Robinson is good but gives you nothing after the catch.

They are missing a guy who has potential to take it to the house on any play.

Robinson is good but gives you nothing after the catch.
Yes I like Robinson a lot. He gives every ounce he has but you're right- he rarely breaks plays wide open. Real good possession receiver. I long for a true downfield burner and a guy that can hit him in stride consistently.

Yes I like Robinson a lot. He gives every ounce he has but you're right- he rarely breaks plays wide open. Real good possession receiver. I long for a true downfield burner and a guy that can hit him in stride consistently.

Devin Hester

Willie Gault

It was a sad day in Bearville. We witnessed a great defense and a great O-line. The better team won. I agree with you guys our receivers are very very average. Robinson is the only one I would keep. Mooney and Ginn have hands of stone. They better lick their wounds because they have Brady and the Bucs Thursday.

That was one ugly football game. Much like the one last time Philip Rivers visited Soldier Field last season with the Chargers...and won. I am glad I missed a little more than half of it. Looks like another loss is looming on the horizon this Thursday.

I don't believe anyone here thinks the answer was going to be Foles alone or any QB. If you read the posts here about the offense, they are timeless. It's the same things people were saying five years ago. For that matter, it could be the same things people have said 10, 15, 25 or 50 years ago about that offense. Nothing changes. Bears' defenses are usually pretty good, to very good, and the offense usually sucks.

That was one ugly football game. Much like the one last time Philip Rivers visited Soldier Field last season with the Chargers...and won. I am glad I missed a little more than half of it. Looks like another loss is looming on the horizon this Thursday.

I don't believe anyone here thinks the answer was going to be Foles alone or any QB. If you read the posts here about the offense, they are timeless. It's the same things people were saying five years ago. For that matter, it could be the same things people have said 10, 15, 25 or 50 years ago about that offense. Nothing changes. Bears' defenses are usually pretty good, to very good, and the offense usually sucks.

Can’t argue with you on anything you said.

Aggregate record of the 3 teams the Bears have beaten now stands at 1-11.

What about Bears just play with two tight ends and one receiver being Robinson and mainly run the football? Tribs is great throwing to tight ends down the middle of the field.

We saw how they ran the ball against Indy. You need guys who can block and guys who can actually run the ball. All the years the Bears had a decent to good running game and no passing game. Now they have neither! :oops:

We saw how they ran the ball against Indy. You need guys who can block and guys who can actually run the ball. All the years the Bears had a decent to good running game and no passing game. Now they have neither! :oops:

Well they threw away to many draft picks to have a good running game.

How do we even know they would have drafted the right guys anyway?

Probably would not have drafted the right guys anyhow.

For 2 out of the 3 draft picks they gave away to move up one spot to get Trubisky in the draft ended up being one of the top running backs and a top 5 linebacker in the NFL right now.

How about holding open tryouts for Receivers and OL? LMAO
All kidding aside it really is depressing. The only upside is they were playing the #1 ranked defense in the NFL. If that is considered an upside because we are only 4 games into the season. It looks like another long season but hey at least we get to watch football!!

How about holding open tryouts for Receivers and OL? LMAO
All kidding aside it really is depressing. The only upside is they were playing the #1 ranked defense in the NFL. If that is considered an upside because we are only 4 games into the season. It looks like another long season but hey at least we get to watch football!!
Corey, I agree they went up against a very good defense last Sunday. So, tonight the Bears are playing a team with a defense that is not very good. Do you think they will win? Neither do I.

Corey, I agree they went up against a very good defense last Sunday. So, tonight the Bears are playing a team with a defense that is not very good. Do you think they will win? Neither do I.
Bucs have a top 10 defense right now

Reactions: RockSoup
If you ever wonder why the Bears stink under Ryan Pace look at the total number of draft pick he has made since 2015.

Bears 38 of 42 possible picks
Steelers 45 picks
Packers 53 picks
Patriots 53 picks

Better teams stock pile picks and have margin for error where as the Bears move up and miss. A draft class is seven picks so the Steelers have added entire class and the Pats/ Pack have added two extra classes.

If you ever wonder why the Bears stink under Ryan Pace look at the total number of draft pick he has made since 2015.

Bears 38 of 42 possible picks
Steelers 45 picks
Packers 53 picks
Patriots 53 picks

Better teams stock pile picks and have margin for error where as the Bears move up and miss. A draft class is seven picks so the Steelers have added entire class and the Pats/ Pack have added two extra classes.
and two TE's picked in the first two rounds, neither of which have contributed.

Reactions: ClownBaby
I don’t think the Bears are in a position to groom a TE for three years, I’m not blaming Kmet, I’m blaming Pace

Reactions: PowerI66
So, I did I little research and it's much worse than I thought in terms of the Bears developing a TE. Since the 2014 draft, 19 TE's have been drafted in the first or second round. The average through those 19 players first 4 games of their rookie year in terms of targets is 10.74. The highest was Engram with 30 targets and two players were tied at 3 - Sample and Kmet. However, two players only had 1 target - Shaheen and Niklas (also ND, but went into rookie year with a hernia)

I don’t think the Bears are in a position to groom a TE for three years, I’m not blaming Kmet, I’m blaming Pace

The problem is when you are giving up draft picks to move up you can’t miss or wait for a player to develop you need instant production to make that strategy work.

The problem is when you are giving up draft picks to move up you can’t miss or wait for a player to develop you need instant production to make that strategy work.
absolutely, you also need to develop talent and trust the talent. Clearly the didn't do that with Shaheen and aren't with Kmet

Bucs have a top 10 defense right now
I thought I heard they were in the bottom half. Thank you for the correction. Now I know the Bears are cooked! I am going to crack open my first beer in about 20 minutes. I should be numb by kickoff. 😂 😂

I thought I heard they were in the bottom half. Thank you for the correction. Now I know the Bears are cooked! I am going to crack open my first beer in about 20 minutes. I should be numb by kickoff. 😂 😂
It's surprising, but the league is scoring so many points it makes then look average. At least vegas thinks it will be a close game!

The difference is Brady. If you have Brady on your team you have a good chance of winning. He makes his teammates better just by the way he carries himself. Everyone on the team will work harder and step up for him.

It's a numbers game.

numb by kickoff

I may have another vodka.

Jimmy Graham is a good tight end. I saw him beat the Bears by himself down in New Orleans with my brother. Now that is a good town. Speaking of which, don't give up on Darnell Moody, who could turn out to be as smooth as Matt Forte, the last second-round draft pick the Bears had from Tulane. Roquan Smith is not quite of the same caliber as Brian Urlacher.

Last edited:
Terrible offensive play calls to start the second half, first series. Let’s see what they do with second series.

28 yards rushing last week. 24 through 3 quarters tonight. This offensive line can’t run block.

Incredibly stupid coaching decision to pass on 2nd and 9 and not run it and force TB to use their last TO. They could have kicked the field goal after taking another 34 seconds off the clock.

Reactions: caravan8
Oh well I bitched and whined but they came away with another very fortunate W. Very happy to be 4-1 but I can’t help but seeing so many areas that need to improve. They are mediocre at best.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT