ADVERTISEMENT

Bears Football Talk

corey90

Aug 27, 2005
Crown Point, IN
Anyone watching the game? To me it looks like the offense hasn’t changed much from last year.
3 points halfway through the 2nd qtr. Stanford starting to heat up.

Didn't they go 7 1st half's (7 games) in a row without a touchdown last year.

I do like the offensive line so far. They look better than last year. Tribusky just made a bad throw that should of been a TD. Damn. Then he gives that stupid deer in the headlights look.

Reactions: MonetaMitch
The bears did good things between the 20’s last year.
it looks like a complete replica of last year.
BTW Jonathan Vilma is horrid.

Stockton did just zing Vilma. Oh look the bears are now going to punt it away and give the lions good field position.

I dare the sideline reporter to ask Matt Nagy if his offensive plans include scoring a TD in the first half sometime this year.

Reactions: Wassup13
MT has thrown some piss-poor passes in key situations. Are we not surprised? If there was a preseason, Fole would be starting. We may see him in 2nd half.

Nagy is already in trouble. I seen enough of Trubisky he is horrible with his accuracy. That last pass was way off the mark. Speaking of passing why are they passing. Run the ball! The O line is blocking great and they are averaging almost 5 yards a carry. Nagy Nagy Nagy!

So what we all are saying. The bears need a TE and probably a QB. Didn’t we say this last year?

If Nick Foles isn’t in the next series, Virginia might as well walk down the steps and fire Nagy and Pace. This is the same team as last year.

O line playing much better than I expected. Defense (linebackers specifically) playing way worse than I anticipated.

If Nick Foles isn’t in the next series, Virginia might as well walk down the steps and fire Nagy and Pace. This is the same team as last year.

Amen! I am sick of both of them sticking with Tribesky. They are both the reason the Bears are bad. Nagy is pissing me off. Grow a pair and make the tough decision, that’s what a good leader would do. Tribesky can’t fire himself!

Reactions: gobucsgo
I know one of you guys said it earlier in a thread but both the announcers SUCK. My god can we not do better than these two bozos?

Got to give credit where credit is due. MT played very well in Q4, and the defense stepped up as well. You know, this just may be what Bear needs as a catapult, if you will, into Week 2 and hopefully beyond!

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
Raiders - Jacobs 3 TDs, Kwiatkowski 5 Solo Tackles, Arnette 5 Solo Tackles.

Last edited:
Got to give credit where credit is due. MT played very well in Q4, and the defense stepped up as well. You know, this just may be what Bear needs as a catapult, if you will, into Week 2 and hopefully beyond!
Jimmy graham had 2 chances to make big plays but couldn’t. Probably why he was available

He had a good 4th qtr. This game shouldn’t have been this close. Mitch has accuracy problems again just like last year. I am not convinced and stick by what I said earlier we need a change. I Just saw Joe Burrow run for a TD for Cincinnati.
Damn at least other teams know how to draft.
Damn damn!

Same team as last year. For both teams. Gonna be an ugly year. Cause Mitch put together a 4th quarter comeback. Now he can say look. I did this. And he can do that for at least three games.

Tough audience. It was Vilma’s first time doing color commentary. Let’s give the guy some time to get his feet underneath him.

Dick Stockton is awful, though.

Reactions: sporthog9er
Tough audience. It was Vilma’s first time doing color commentary. Let’s give the guy some time to get his feet underneath him.

Dick Stockton is awful, though.
Maybe his first time shouldn't be a NFL game. This is what we get for watching a subpar team though...the worst announcers the network has.

Maybe his first time shouldn't be a NFL game. This is what we get for watching a subpar team though...the worst announcers the network has.
I watched most of the game muted. I dont know what irritated me most, the announcers or the pipped in crowd noise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
Geez! Tough audience indeed! A lot to unpack here.

1. The announcers for the game were the 4th crew. In other words, the 4th string. I am NOT going to judge Vilma based on one performance. Stockton has been announcing since I was in grade school. But, so has Al Michaels. Big difference in the two.

2. Hey, it's a win and I'll take it. Looking at the next four games, I don't think it's out of the question to think the Bears could be 4-1. I am not saying they will be. The Giants are next. They haven't played but we'll get to see them tonight. Atlanta comes after that. Matt Ryan had a good day but threw 54 passes and the Falcons gave up 38 points. Then it's the Colts. They lost to Jacksonville 27-20. Rivers threw 2 picks and would have had a 3rd if the play wasn't called back because of a penalty. Then it's the Bucs and Brady was awful, throwing 2 picks including a pick-6. They gave up 34 points. Again, I think 4-1 is very possible.

3. I realize, this thread is titled "Bears Football Talk," But, some of you guys need to look around the league. I saw a lot of bad throws throughout the league yesterday and I think it's because there were no preseason games, more than anything. Burrow made an incredibly stooopid shovel pass yesterday late in the game when the Bengals were driving in a tight game. He tried to pass it to a RB, and threw it right into the arms of Melvin Ingram of SD. He also missed a wide open A.J Green in the end zone. But, I am cutting him some slack. This was his first game and he wasn't awful, although he thinks he was. Jimmy Garoppolo also made some bad throws in the 49ers, Cardinals game. I think a lot of what we saw yesterday was timing issues. We all know practice speed isn't game speed.

4. Most importantly...Corey you are awesome and extremely entertaining. I know you're pissed when you're pissed. But I LOL when reading some of your posts. Not saying that in a derogatory way. It's just nice to see someone else pissed off once in a while. I know you don't live here and don't see pregame columns about the upcoming game. But, this game was Trubisky's to win or lose. Foles was not going to come in unless Trubisky was injured. That was written on Friday or Saturday. The only time I was really pissed was when Trubisky fumbled as he was sacked. He made a poor decision to try and get away from guys he wasn't going to get away from instead of just going down. If the Lions recovered that ball, they probably would have won.

I just read this thread. I didn't see any of it yesterday. And I am not Pollyanna. I know this team has a ways to go. The fact still is, if D'Andre Swift, who was wide open in the end zone, catches a perfectly thrown pass from Matthew Stafford with six seconds left, the Lions win. But that's football and I saw plenty of mistakes in other games too.

ADVERTISEMENT