ADVERTISEMENT

The CCL/ESCC Prognostication Thread - Week VI

go_rice is a perfect example why families in BR's backyard continue to drive past and send their money to Marist, MC, and SR. Thank god you scheduled Hillcrest and Perspectives to beat up on instead of said "small town schools". For their sake I hope he's not involved with the school.
We aren’t all like this. And we also hope he isn’t on the payroll.

I’m sure gorice would argue that the only reason Alstott stood out and went on to play at Purdue was because he played at JCA who was, is and forever will be a tiny school playing against inferior competition. It was Purdue that shaped him, not the legend and tradition of Gordie.

Anyone who makes that argument clearly never saw Alstott play in high school.

I'll take Montini +14 . Anyone else. I think they play ND very close and possibly come out with a win. The game is at ND and if it was at Montini I would say ND + 7 is a good bet. Is ND an 8A school? Asking for a friend!

One of the few things other schools in the area agree on, Rice has some of the worse adults.
A state title game (an awesome run), 2-7, 1st rd lose at home after going 8-1 with one of the best players in the state, QF loss. 1st rd lose.
Granted this year isnt over. Possibly adding a 19 yr old next week, will surely help. Win 2,3 in Nov now little more room to talk.
But if not, fans should probably relax thinking they should have a spot at the head table.

This response is class all the way.

I hope no rice fan takes the bait and gives you the negative backlash you are looking for.

I’m a rice alum with family who played on last years team. (Great experience)

Every school Rita, Mc, etc have alumni that act like fools and don’t realize this is a game played by 14-17 year olds, Ridicule kids, and 2nd guess every play call.

I can only speak on my experience but those are the same people who aren’t happy in life.

I have never spoke in a negative way about any school on this board besides being critical on BR.

Those stats about rice are true but I know for a fact the staff is focused on now and the future.

According to you the now doesn’t even matter because a high school kid is transferring in.

Come on man.

Rita, MC, have all had guys come and go throughout the years.

Last edited:
Think you need to comprehend better or read others posts.
I was responding to the other guy who is talking down to other schools because they've won smaller class titles. Where as Rice has won zero in 30 years.
I said adults nothing about kids being a certain way. Friends, friends kids, kids friends know plenty that go to Rice and are fine.
Also said they should get help when he starts playing and if they stack back to back years with numerous playoff wins then yes have room to talk. Never said it was against the rules or it doesn't count. Someone posted they weren't sure he'd help. He's a 19 yr old large man, he'll help. Yes his age is within the rules just a point of emphasis that he'll help. And yes any other catholic school would have taken him.
If my kids wanted to go to Rice, they would have went to Rice. Its 10,000 at any of them and they are all competitive in most every sport. Though Rice is lacking in upgraded facilities compared to the others.
Just in my dealings with guys from other schools, Rice seems to be bottom of the list for one reason or another.

Think you need to comprehend better or read others posts.
I was responding to the other guy who is talking down to other schools because they've won smaller class titles. Where as Rice has won zero in 30 years.
I said adults nothing about kids being a certain way. Friends, friends kids, kids friends know plenty that go to Rice and are fine.
Also said they should get help when he starts playing and if they stack back to back years with numerous playoff wins then yes have room to talk. Never said it was against the rules or it doesn't count. Someone posted they weren't sure he'd help. He's a 19 yr old large man, he'll help. Yes his age is within the rules just a point of emphasis that he'll help. And yes any other catholic school would have taken him.
If my kids wanted to go to Rice, they would have went to Rice. Its 10,000 at any of them and they are all competitive in most every sport. Though Rice is lacking in upgraded facilities compared to the others.
Just in my dealings with guys from other schools, Rice seems to be bottom of the list for one reason or another.
I was the person who posted that I wasn’t sure he’d help, and there was reasoning behind my statement. He hasn’t played in almost a year. Wasn’t a knock on him or the program by any means. But you seem to enjoy the hell out of knocking them. You’re just as bad as their homers GORICES and another person I’ll keep nameless. Just let it be. You’re taking veiled jabs at kids and like GORICE, just about anyone ever associated with anything that every had any one thing to do with the Chicago Catholic League. Let it go.

giphy.gif

I don’t even want to comment due to the stupidity of this thread but of course I will
All CCL schools serve the greater purpose of molding young men into adults that contribute to the greater good of society.
Championship no matter what the level should be celebrated and honored for years to come

Good heavens. I feel like I'm trapped in the back room of Cork and Kerry's playing wingman waiting for my ride to close the deal before the lights come on.

LA -1 ... Good to see the Ramblers keeping the lineup fluid. OL looking steady. FG unit looking D1. Also, leading the CCL/ESCC with 11 National Merit Semifinalists.
MC -8 ... Caravan should roll. When's the last time they played at the Graveyard?
SR +17 ... Pure hunch.
ND -14 ... Dons looking strong.
BA -18 ... Wings flying under the radar.
Naz -28 ... If D lost to the Wings by 28 ... blah blah blah transitive property blah blah blah.
SV -7 ... Lions might be playoff bound after a 1-and-8-er.
CoM -1 ... Seems like this game is up in the Dakotas.
TECH +33 ... I think the Heights is headed back to the postseason after a 1-and-8-er.
Leo -10 ... 4-down football.
MA +6 ... The Cadets have only given up 27 points on the year and the Gambletron is giving the Friars as many?
SI +29 ... Another hunch.

Amazing how @go_rice was able to trash 4 schools in one post. Given the pedigree of BRs football program, I'd say you do have that right.

Oh wait...
@go_rice acts like the crusaders are mt Carmel every few semesters and then he remembers he left the toaster on in moms basement. Let him go. He won’t come back for a while.

Reactions: Gene K.
We have larger enrollments than those schools with the exception of Marist, which is coed & is in that same “backyard” so those that are driving by please honk & wave as you do. We are fine. And those nonconference games were tune-ups for the toughest conference in the state, not state playoff opponents, so that knock carries zero weight.
@go_rice no way rice is same backyard as Marist. You said so. Being surrounded by oak lawn and EP is hard core “city”. Marist is surrounded by ummmm. 2 suburbs as well. Shhh! Same exact areas you goof.

Never said cheating but a simple look at your IHSA enrollment shows 644 I believe. Let’s say half are girls. That leaves 322 male students. A look at your football rosters shows 132 boys playing football. That’s a very high percentage for a school that “probably recruits non-athletic qualified students WAY harder than they recruit potentially qualified athletes.” Again, it’s great that you guys have this going great, good luck with that 1st round state playoff game against Geneseo or Metamora. I’m done with this. MC63, wanna go get a drink?

I love when go_rice shows his math skills.

LA 24 BR 17
MC 28 Marist 17
PC 24 SR 21
Montini 31 ND 28
Benet 38 STL 17
Naz 41 DLS 10
Viator 28 Pat’s 17
CoM 24 MCC 17
MC 31 DePaul 12
Leo 34 SJ 10
Fenwick 24 Marmion 21
JCA 41 SI 10

LA -1
MC +8
SR +17
MCH +14
STL +18
DLS +29
St. Viator -7
MCC +1
DePaule +33
LEO -10
MARMION +6
JCA-29

Reactions: IgorStL
Some of us aren’t that impressed by 4A & 5A titles for private schools. I look at it this way, if BR continued recruiting the same football players but decided to not enroll let’s say a couple hundred of our students who don’t play football, I think we’d have a bunch of 4A & 5A titles also. I know when we played JCA & Montini that their football rosters were quite similar in size to ours. I’d rather leave things as is & have our school provide an excellent education to 700 boys & play the best football schools in the playoffs, not beat up on small town schools. To each their own.

Ok windbag. More than double the number of boys at Rice vs. Montini. Are you @MC63 offspring?

Gorice and MC63 are on the same page. I think their thought is how many times has montini actually been the best team in state?

I’m not sure they have been but they have definitely been up there more than BR in the last 20 years, minimum.

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT