ADVERTISEMENT

The CCL/ESCC Prognostication Thread - Week VI

Loyola won't be much of a game, -1 is an easy take. I'd say it's a two score game.

Marist and MC will be an ok game better than Rice/Loyola. The Rice Marist game was not as close as the score indicated. 8 feels about right because it is at Marist. That is only thing keeping it close. If Rice goes 7A and to the playoffs 6-3 could get MC at home round two.

I see Provi handling Rita by 10+ similar to Loyola game

Montini and ND will show what's what in that division. I think ND wins similar to the Loyola score based on what they did at Marist and Providence.

Curious to see how Benet and Laurence work out.

Naz running clock......again how did they end up in that division.

BLUE:
BR @ LA - LA 28 BR 17
MC @ M - MC 24 Marist 14

GREEN:
SR @ PC - PC 24 SR 21
MCHS @ ND - Montini 31 ND 24

ORANGE:
BA @ SL - Benet 38 STL 21
DLS @ Naz - Naz 41 DLS 17

PURPLE:
SV @ SP - Viator 24 Pat’s 13
CoM @ MCC - CoM 24 MCC 17

RED:
Marian Catholic @ DePaul - MC 28 DePaul 7
SJ @ Leo - Leo 35 SJ 13

WHITE:
Marmion Academy @ Fenwick - Fenwick 24 Marmion 21
JCA @ SI - JCA 38 SI 10

Jones out for BR is a big injury report, with no Warren still I’d make it LA -10.

Ticket controversy?

According to a Marist tweet published on the MC Facebook page, tickets for Friday's game for the general public will be available Thurs 8 - 2, and Fri 8 - noon at the school's main office.

It's not clear if tickets are being sold at Mt Carmel.

Tickets will be available today and Fri 'til 3 in the Security office at Mt Carmel

Jones out hurts a lot. Feel comfortable with the score I posted. Maybe the skies open up and Loyola gets fumblitis and Rice doesn’t. Long long long shot at best. As gorice said, Loyola on Saturday afternoon has been a house of horrors for Rice. (When is the last time Loyola lost at home?).

Hope I’m wrong.
i believe the last time LA lost at home was twice last year - MC and Bronco. Before that it was ‘12 vs. Justin jackson’s GBN.

Loyola nice win. I give you that. It was also a last second field goal. You beat Maine South’s 3rd string QB & I don’t think the world of Montini. They are always hyped but I saw the Crusaders put a 31-0 on them at Montini last year when they came in to the last game, the Blue championship showdown undefeated. Not putting down the Caravan but not anointing them world beaters yet either. I’m from Missouri, they gonna have to “show me”.

Amazing how @go_rice was able to trash 4 schools in one post. Given the pedigree of BRs football program, I'd say you do have that right.

Oh wait...

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
Loyola nice win. I give you that. It was also a last second field goal. You beat Maine South’s 3rd string QB & I don’t think the world of Montini. They are always hyped but I saw the Crusaders put a 31-0 on them at Montini last year when they came in to the last game, the Blue championship showdown undefeated. Not putting down the Caravan but not anointing them world beaters yet either. I’m from Missouri, they gonna have to “show me”.

I think winning 6 titles and 3 seconds in the last 15 years may have something to do with all the hype!

MCHS: I'm looking forward to Week 9 and the BR fans reviews of the new MC stadium.

In other news, the old Loretto HS on 65th is up for auction. Opening bid $125K.
ECbNP2IXkAA9JTD

I think winning 6 titles and 3 seconds in the last 15 years may have something to do with all the hype!
Some of us aren’t that impressed by 4A & 5A titles for private schools. I look at it this way, if BR continued recruiting the same football players but decided to not enroll let’s say a couple hundred of our students who don’t play football, I think we’d have a bunch of 4A & 5A titles also. I know when we played JCA & Montini that their football rosters were quite similar in size to ours. I’d rather leave things as is & have our school provide an excellent education to 700 boys & play the best football schools in the playoffs, not beat up on small town schools. To each their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: tmjgrady
Some of us aren’t that impressed by 4A & 5A titles for private schools. I look at it this way, if BR continued recruiting the same football players but decided to not enroll let’s say a couple hundred of our students who don’t play football, I think we’d have a bunch of 4A & 5A titles also. I know when we played JCA & Montini that their football rosters were quite similar in size to ours. I’d rather leave things as is & have our school provide an excellent education to 700 boys & play the best football schools in the playoffs, not beat up on small town schools. To each their own.
Did you seriously just insinuate that schools like JCA & Montini intentionally keep their enrollments down and number of athletes up so as to fill their trophy cases?

JCA probably recruits non-athletic qualified students WAY harder then they recruit potentially qualified athletes and for you to even insinuate differently is very insulting. Almost on the level of the most ignorant and jealous public poster. If JCA could get 1,500 - 1,600 students in the door, they would do so in a heartbeat.

Did you really go to Rice? Or have you NO clue of the inter-workings of what it may take to keep a Private school going and attractive to potential students and their families?

Brother Rice just potentially lost several points on the respect tally sheet. I highly recommend that as "go_rice", AKA a person representing them out in the world, that you clarify your post ASAP.

No you wouldn't. Outside of a few years, both JC or/and Montini have had better teams than Rice for the last 20 years.

And based on what I saw on the lower levels during the Rice/JC matchups, JC looks better moving forward.

No you wouldn't. Outside of a few years, both JC or/and Montini have had better teams than Rice for the last 20 years.

And based on what I saw on the lower levels during the Rice/JC matchups, JC looks better moving forward.
Scoreboard?

Did you seriously just insinuate that schools like JCA & Montini intentionally keep their enrollments down and number of athletes up so as to fill their trophy cases?

JCA probably recruits non-athletic qualified students WAY harder then they recruit potentially qualified athletes and for you to even insinuate differently is very insulting. Almost on the level of the most ignorant and jealous public poster. If JCA could get 1,500 - 1,600 students in the door, they would do so in a heartbeat.

Did you really go to Rice? Or have you NO clue of the inter-workings of what it may take to keep a Private school going and attractive to potential students and their families?

Brother Rice just potentially lost several points on the respect tally sheet. I highly recommend that as "go_rice", AKA a person representing them out in the world, that you clarify your post ASAP.
I have no idea of the recruiting techniques of JCA, but I will point out you somehow seem to get the best football players from the greater Joliet area while having smaller enrollments than say Joliet Central or Joliet West. Not hatin’ just pointing out facts.

Scoreboard?

Yes, Rice won this year vs JC in a close game. That is why I said "outside a few years". Are you gonna argue that Rice has had better teams than JCA more than a few times in the last 20 years?

And moving forward. JC beat Rice at the Frosh and JV level last weekend.

Yes, Rice won this year vs JC in a close game. That is why I said "outside a few years". Are you gonna argue that Rice has had better teams than JCA more than a few times in the last 20 years?

And moving forward. JC beat Rice at the Frosh and JV level last weekend.
Yes, I’m quite concerned about the direction of our JV team, good luck with that. Maybe print some 4A JV champ shirts.

Thank you, MC63 Jr.

go_rice is a perfect example why families in BR's backyard continue to drive past and send their money to Marist, MC, and SR. Thank god you scheduled Hillcrest and Perspectives to beat up on instead of said "small town schools". For their sake I hope he's not involved with the school.

Yes, I’m quite concerned about the direction of our JV team, good luck with that. Maybe print some 4A JV champ shirts.

I do believe that how your lower levels look is an indication of the direction of a program. If you don't agree, that's fine. And for what it is worth. I am more than happy with our 14 state championship trophies.

go_rice is a perfect example why families in BR's backyard continue to drive past and send their money to Marist, MC, and SR. Thank god you scheduled Hillcrest and Perspectives to beat up on instead of said "small town schools". For their sake I hope he's not involved with the school.
We have larger enrollments than those schools with the exception of Marist, which is coed & is in that same “backyard” so those that are driving by please honk & wave as you do. We are fine. And those nonconference games were tune-ups for the toughest conference in the state, not state playoff opponents, so that knock carries zero weight.

If you saw Hillcrest running back play you wouldn't be calling them "small town schools"

Rice is on the rise in every way. Don't let one persons random postings speak for all the rice posters.

Gorice clearly loves to get under your skin and he's managed to insult just about every school on this thread. Ignore him

I have no idea of the recruiting techniques of JCA, but I will point out you somehow seem to get the best football players from the greater Joliet area while having smaller enrollments than say Joliet Central or Joliet West. Not hatin’ just pointing out facts.
I would be willing to bet that both Joliet West & Central have some great potential athletes & football players roaming their hallways that have for whatever reason just decided against playing football.

Those programs have talent and hopefully are getting things turned around and maybe will get more of their talented bodies interested in football. I wish them the very best.

Reactions: Gene K.
I was going to make the very same correlation to MC63, but decided in all fairness to allow him to clarify his post.

But apparently "go-rice" is heavily grounded in his trophy envy mentality, "Anyone with more trophies than us MUST be cheating".
Never said cheating but a simple look at your IHSA enrollment shows 644 I believe. Let’s say half are girls. That leaves 322 male students. A look at your football rosters shows 132 boys playing football. That’s a very high percentage for a school that “probably recruits non-athletic qualified students WAY harder than they recruit potentially qualified athletes.” Again, it’s great that you guys have this going great, good luck with that 1st round state playoff game against Geneseo or Metamora. I’m done with this. MC63, wanna go get a drink?

Reactions: mc140
I was going to make the very same correlation to MC63, but decided in all fairness to allow him to clarify his post.

But apparently "go-rice" is heavily grounded in his trophy envy mentality, "Anyone with more trophies than us MUST be cheating".

Gorice and MC63 are on the same page. I think their thought is how many times has montini actually been the best team in state?

Gorice and MC63 are on the same page. I think their thought is how many times has montini actually been the best team in state?

Loyola finished last year ranked #1 and Montini beat them. So I guess you could start there.

But I am pretty sure that argument has been exhausted.

Reactions: Gene K.
Providence I think is 5A this year and beat BR...listen I think the arguments on this board over classes is the dumbest one out there and I think the endless amount of D-1 players that came out of JC and Montini will contest to that. Do you think Alstott cared that he won 4A? How about Westercamp and his multiple rings? Winning a State title in a major accomplishment, no matter what sport or what class, and schools should be commended for it, not put down. If BR won 5A they would celebrate on it for years....as they should. Since the 8 classes came into play MC has won 6A, 7A and 8A and they all felt just as awesome to win.

Please read the title of the thread, and stick to the topic.

LA -1
MC -8
(agree with above comment. Kinda bad timing for Marist in new conference this year. Too bad as almost all the Dunne era +last 2 years' teams would've killed it. They still seem loaded at lower levels, both might be undefeated now. So, not to sound like a Cubs fan, look out for them next year!)
Provi -17
Montini +14
St.L +18
Naz -29
St. Pats +7
CoM -1
Marian -33
Leo -10
Marmion +6
JCA -29

Reactions: IgorStL
I would be willing to bet that both Joliet West & Central have some great potential athletes & football players roaming their hallways that have for whatever reason just decided against playing football.

Those programs have talent and hopefully are getting things turned around and maybe will get more of their talented bodies interested in football. I wish them the very best.

Providence I think is 5A this year and beat BR...listen I think the arguments on this board over classes is the dumbest one out there and I think the endless amount of D-1 players that came out of JC and Montini will contest to that. Do you think Alstott cared that he won 4A? How about Westercamp and his multiple rings? Winning a State title in a major accomplishment, no matter what sport or what class, and schools should be commended for it, not put down. If BR won 5A they would celebrate on it for years....as they should. Since the 8 classes came into play MC has won 6A, 7A and 8A and they all felt just as awesome to win.

lOnly of twelve was at the 6A level. Had we continued in 6A, I believe the alums would have raised a stink. I would have dropped my contribution.

Reactions: go_rice
BR is basically just the public school Mt Greenwood kids choose to go to when they don't want to go to the Ag
One of the few things other schools in the area agree on, Rice has some of the worse adults.
A state title game (an awesome run), 2-7, 1st rd lose at home after going 8-1 with one of the best players in the state, QF loss. 1st rd lose.
Granted this year isnt over. Possibly adding a 19 yr old next week, will surely help. Win 2,3 in Nov now little more room to talk.
But if not, fans should probably relax thinking they should have a spot at the head table.

I’m sure gorice would argue that the only reason Alstott stood out and went on to play at Purdue was because he played at JCA who was, is and forever will be a tiny school playing against inferior competition. It was Purdue that shaped him, not the legend and tradition of Gordie.

We have larger enrollments than those schools with the exception of Marist, which is coed & is in that same “backyard” so those that are driving by please honk & wave as you do. We are fine. And those nonconference games were tune-ups for the toughest conference in the state, not state playoff opponents, so that knock carries zero weight.
Wave at you? You’re an embarrassment to the alma mater of many great men. No supper for you tonight, kiddo. Straight to bed. Your mother and I will be holding your phone. And no, that’s not an excuse for you to play video games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT