ADVERTISEMENT

The CCL/ESCC Prognostication Thread - Week VI

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
3665af441f19fc98539148350146aace--illinois-chicago.jpg

Jay's never should have stopped printing up these schedules. Greatest marketing program ever.

BLUE:

BR @ LA

neutral field
[2019] Loyola Academy (Wilmette, IL) 21, [2019] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 20
MC @ M
neutral field
[2019] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 21, [2019] Marist (Chicago, IL) 13

GREEN:
SR @ PC

neutral field
[2019] Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 31, [2019] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 14
MCHS @ ND
neutral field
[2019] Notre Dame (Niles, IL) 31, [2019] Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 17

ORANGE:
BA @ SL

neutral field
[2019] Benet Academy (Lisle, IL) 40, [2019] St. Laurence (Burbank, IL) 22
DLS @ Naz
neutral field
[2019] Nazareth Academy (LaGrange Park, IL) 35, [2019] De La Salle (Chicago, IL) 6

PURPLE:
SV @ SP

neutral field
[2019] St. Viator (Arlington Heights, IL) 20, [2019] St. Patrick (Chicago, IL) 13
CoM @ Marian of the Sticks
neutral field
[2019] Carmel (Mundelein, IL) 28, [2019] Marian Central Catholic (Woodstock, IL) 27

RED:

TECH @ Marian of the Heights

neutral field
[2019] Marian Catholic (Chicago Heights, IL) 40, [2019] DePaul College Prep (Chicago, IL) 7
SJ @ Leo
neutral field
[2019] Leo (Chicago, IL) 31, [2019] St. Joseph (Westchester, IL) 21

WHITE:
MA @ F

neutral field
[2019] Fenwick (Oak Park, IL) 27, [2019] Marmion Academy (Aurora, IL) 21
JC @ SI
neutral field
[2019] Joliet Catholic Academy (Joliet, IL) 42, [2019] St. Ignatius (Chicago, IL) 13

Last edited:
It means to say MC 21 Marist 13 and will when @ignazio is done with his morning bath.

And Leo StJ should be 31-21 when Iggy is done with his mani pedi

Last edited:
Loyola -1 vs Brother Rice
Mount Carmel -8 vs Marist

St. Rita +17 vs Providence
Montini +14 vs Notre Dame

St. Laurence +18 vs Benet
Naz -29 vs DLS

St. Pats +7 vs Viator
MCC +1 vs CoM

Marian -33 vs DePaul
Leo -10 vs Joes

Marmion +6 vs Fenwick
Iggy +29 vs JCA

Reactions: RockSoup
BLUE:

Brother Rice @ Loyola:
This is about the time of year where Loyola wakes up and becomes the force that they are. LA 31 BR 14

Mount Carmel @ Marist:
When the merger happened, many fans were salivating at Marist going to the Blue. Because of Marist going to the Blue, they are going to end up 4-5. MC 35 Marist 13

GREEN:

Saint Rita @ Providence:
The Ponies DESPERATELY need this victory while the Celtics will not have trouble reaching the postseason. Lets roll with the Stangs. SR 27 Provi 21

Montini @ Notre Dame:
While I believe ND is a very good squad, they really didn't inspire much confidence with their hard earned victory against a down St. Pat's. I think this will be very close and I will give the Dons the victory. ND 23 MCHS 21

ORANGE:

Benet Academy @ Saint Laurence:
Benet is quietly 5-0 and has played pretty solid football along the way. The Redhawks make it 6-0 going into their showdown with Loyola next week. Benet 35 StL 17

De La Salle @ Nazareth: Naz doesn't give the Meteors any hope. Naz 49 DLS 14

PURPLE:

Saint Viator @ Saint Patrick:
Maybe the most important match up of the week in terms of playoffs. Viator's is much improved from last year, but the Shamrocks are actually playing decent ball the last few weeks. Against my better judgement, I'm taking the Shamrocks in a hard fought battle. SP 22 StV 20

Carmel @ Marian Central Catholic: These "rivals" are battling for Northern Illinois Catholic Supremacy. Carmel has some very solid athletes, but the program (and school) really seems to have lost their mojo since the unfair dismissal of Andy Bitto. MCC while having 3 uninspiring wins, will take this game and bolster their playoff probability. Marian of the Sticks 30 CoM 24

RED:

DePaul Prep @ Marian Catholic:
Other than Tech's beat downs of CPS intramural teams, they have not competed at all against schools that try to play football. Marian's march towards playoffs continues! Marian of the Heights 40 Gordon Tech 12

Saint Joseph's @ Leo:
Do not mean any offense to both schools and programs, but this may be the clunker of the season. Leo 33 Joe's 6

WHITE:
Marmion Academy @ Fenwick:
I do not care how sloppy last week was, Marmion should be very proud of their efforts against Mount Carmel and I think they will take that momentum through this week and beat Fenwick in a close game on a much better playing surface! MA 27 Fenwick 23

Joliet Catholic @ Saint Ignatius:
JCA's playoff push begins here with a thorough beating of the WolfPack. JCA 42 Iggy's 13

LA -1
MC -8.....Marist seems a bit down from recent years. Bad timing with the schedule upgrade.
Rita +17...surprised Rita is getting this many points. Possible upset here, IMO.
Montini +14....this is a lot of points for the Broncos
St Laurence +18
Naz -29
Pat's +7
MCC +1....CoM is a tough team to figure out
Marian Catholic -33
Leo -10
Marmion +6
Ignatius +29....this is a lot of points at home for Iggy

Loyola -1
MC - 8

SR +17
Montini +14

Benet -18
Naz -29

St.Pats +7
MCC +1

DePaul +33
Leo -10

Fenwick -6
SICP +29

Rambler
Foreskin
Mustang
Bronco
Viking
Meteor
Shamrock
Hurricane
Ram
Lion
Friar
Wolf

Almighty MC? You wanna crown their asses? I haven’t seen enough of MC to make them huge favorites against anyone. That’s a lot of points to give on the road & Im sure Marist will be fired up for this one.

Loyola, Inc. -1
Mount Carmel -8
St. Rita of Cascia +17
Montini Catholic +14
St. Laurence +18
Nazareth Academy -29
St. Patrick +7
Carmel Catholic +1
DePaul Prep +33
Leo Catholic -10
Marmion Academy +6
St. Ignatius College Prep +29

Last edited:
Reactions: RockSoup
Loyola nice win. I give you that. It was also a last second field goal. You beat Maine South’s 3rd string QB & I don’t think the world of Montini. They are always hyped but I saw the Crusaders put a 31-0 on them at Montini last year when they came in to the last game, the Blue championship showdown undefeated. Not putting down the Caravan but not anointing them world beaters yet either. I’m from Missouri, they gonna have to “show me”.

Loyola nice win. I give you that. It was also a last second field goal. You beat Maine South’s 3rd string QB & I don’t think the world of Montini. They are always hyped but I saw the Crusaders put a 31-0 on them at Montini last year when they came in to the last game, the Blue championship showdown undefeated. Not putting down the Caravan but not anointing them world beaters yet either. I’m from Missouri, they gonna have to “show me”.
And LA does not snap the ball over their punter’s head on their 10yd line, maybe once a decade.

I’m with you g-rice, this will be a single digit score all game that may be a double digit MC win when all is said and done. But I know MC doesn’t overlook anyone. That being said, this one is going to be a very good HS football game and people are wrong who think this game is a foregone conclusion.

Good luck to both teams!

Reactions: go_rice
Loyola -1
MC - 8
SR +17
NND -14
StL +18
Naz -29
St.Pats +7
MCC +1
DePaul +33
Leo -10
Fenwick -6
JCA -29

And LA does not snap the ball over their punter’s head on their 10yd line, maybe once a decade.

I’m with you g-rice, this will be a single digit score all game that may be a double digit MC win when all is said and done. But I know MC doesn’t overlook anyone. That being said, this one is going to be a very good HS football game and people are wrong who think this game is a foregone conclusion.

Good luck to both teams!
We’re the 83 Sox, Winnin’ Ugly! Everyone says we faced MS 3rd stringer...the starter went down hurt in week one so I’m guessing we played the back up....every time this game is discussed the QB goes down a string...next year they will be saying he was the Grade School QB....Lot of mistakes by both teams vs LA, but MC did enough to win against the #2 ranked team.

It’s going to be a good game and -8 may be tempting to take, my response to go_rice was to his comment he hasn’t seen enough from us to put us big favorites “against anyone”. I think MC has been tested this first part of the year by the teams they played and last week against the elements they played in.

Loyola -1
Marist 8 bet against them last two weeks
SR
ND
STL
DE
Viator
Carmel
DePaul
Leo
Fenwick
JCA

We’re the 83 Sox, Winnin’ Ugly! Everyone says we faced MS 3rd stringer...the starter went down hurt in week one so I’m guessing we played the back up....every time this game is discussed the QB goes down a string...next year they will be saying he was the Grade School QB....Lot of mistakes by both teams vs LA, but MC did enough to win against the #2 ranked team.

It’s going to be a good game and -8 may be tempting to take, my response to go_rice was to his comment he hasn’t seen enough from us to put us big favorites “against anyone”. I think MC has been tested this first part of the year by the teams they played and last week against the elements they played in.
MC goes into the playoffs as the #1 seed. They probably won't be tested till the 3rd round. Till then the MC will only lose if they beat themselves. Marist and BR are worthy opponents but MC will only lose if they give the game away which IMHO will not happen.

Can’t take anything away from MC they have won every game against solid competition.

But at every level the QB is the most important player on the field. Just ask Loyola last year. 3 losses and almost a 4th against Ignatius with their starting QB hurt.

After watching the Loyola MC game I’d say the better team was Loyola.

But congrats to MC on capitalizing on mistakes.

go_rice was just trying to get you fired up. Looks like he accomplished his goal.

I don’t see any team as heavy favorites this year in blue vs blue match ups.

A lot of flaws and underclassmen playing for every team. Give me Marist + 8 at home.

17-10 MC

Reactions: go_rice
I actually do see a Blue blowout & it’s that I see LA giving the Crusaders a spanking Saturday. No sandbagging, just facts & history. That place has always been our house of horrors. I think BR-MC should be a good one.

RICE MLB Jones out with broken arm, DL Warren not playing until next week - LA will be favored heavily

LA -1, BR has responded well since the PC game but wrong time on the schedule to get LA on the road. LA 20 BR 14

MC -8 if I felt that Marist could put 2 TDS up on MCs D, I’d take the points. But I’m more confident in MC 21-7 than MC 21-14

SR +17 Sure St. Rita needs this one but I haven’t seen 4 quarters from them yet, PC 24-23

MCHS +14 ND controls the game at home and the Broncos fight for a back door cover

StL +18 Vikings have a nice O that can keep pace for awhile. BAc 35-21

Naz -29 Naz at home wants to start to click on all cylinders. Naz 42-7

StP +7 Do I get double points if I predict a push? I don’t think 3OW will allow it so StV 20 StP 14.

MCC +1 in a sneaky fun game, the home team Hurricanes win 30-27

MCath -33 Spartan offense gets into gear at home 35-0

Leo -10 Lions will beat the Chargers by double digits 21-7

MAc +6 My phone almost ran out of battery flip flopping on this game. Friars give a great effort but come up short 14-7

SICP +29 29 too big of a number for a young and talented Hilltopper team on the road. JCA 35 SICP 7

Last edited:
RICE MLB Jones out with broken arm, DL Warren not playing until next week - LA will be favored heavily

That’s horrible news. Without Jones rices run D is in serious trouble. Wrong time to play Loyola.

Us rice fans might just have to hope for a rematch like last year. With jones back and warren in the middle.

Not to take away from any of your wins, but the MS qb was actually not even a qb. He’s one of the wideouts who had never played qb until that week. Nice win by MC nevertheless.

Dates back to when Marist were the Redskins which in true southside fashion evolved into Foreskins. We used to call Loyola - Cakeeaters.

Reactions: Gene K. and IgorStL
Ticket controversy?

According to a Marist tweet published on the MC Facebook page, tickets for Friday's game for the general public will be available Thurs 8 - 2, and Fri 8 - noon at the school's main office.

It's not clear if tickets are being sold at Mt Carmel.

Jones out hurts a lot. Feel comfortable with the score I posted. Maybe the skies open up and Loyola gets fumblitis and Rice doesn’t. Long long long shot at best. As gorice said, Loyola on Saturday afternoon has been a house of horrors for Rice. (When is the last time Loyola lost at home?).

Hope I’m wrong.

LA -1, BR has responded well since the PC game but wrong time on the schedule to get LA on the road. LA 20 BR 14

MC -8 if I felt that Marist could put 2 TDS up on MCs D, I’d take the points. But I’m more confident in MC 21-7 than MC 21-14

SR +17 Sure St. Rita needs this one but I haven’t seen 4 quarters from them yet, PC 24-23

MCHS +14 ND controls the game at home and the Broncos fight for a back door cover

StL +18 Vikings have a nice O that can keep pace for awhile. BAc 35-21

Naz -29 Naz at home wants to start to click on all cylinders. Naz 42-7

StP +7 Do I get double points if I predict a push? I don’t think 3OW will allow it so StV 20 StP 14.

MCC +1 in a sneaky fun game, the home team Hurricanes win 30-27

MCath -33 Spartan offense gets into gear at home 35-0

Leo -10 Lions will beat the Chargers by double digits 21-7

MAc -6 My phone almost ran out of battery flip flopping on this game. Friars give a great effort but come up short 14-7

SICP +29 29 too big of a number for a young and talented Hilltopper team on the road. JCA 35 SICP 7
That -1 on Loyola is too little. Thinking at least -9.

That’s horrible news. Without Jones rices run D is in serious trouble. Wrong time to play Loyola.

Us rice fans might just have to hope for a rematch like last year. With jones back and warren in the middle.
Think that the D has done its best without Warren so far, and not sure if it will make a huge difference when he does get to play. Being out that long will take some time to adjust when he does get to play. Depending on how long Jones is out, he may offset that just enough though. Hopefully Jones is back for MC and we get to see for sure.

Almighty MC? You wanna crown their asses? I haven’t seen enough of MC to make them huge favorites against anyone. That’s a lot of points to give on the road & Im sure Marist will be fired up for this one.
Marist will be fired up, but not sure it’s enough this year. Also note that no team has beaten MC thus far, and there is a reason for that. They’re pretty damn good.

ADVERTISEMENT