St. Laurence money line
Montini +30

St. Patrick -5
Carmel Catholic -1

Gordon Tech +17
Leo money line

Marmion -24
Fenwick money line

Seedings for State make for strange bedfellows.

C’mon Crusader and Caravan!

BR -7 Badke’s last Pulaski Bowl? High energy on both sides of the ball for both teams here.

MC +13 MC at home. Post (or Pre depending on how you look at it and his recovery) Maldonado LA excellent but gettable. 2 TD spread too much from Gambletron

NND +20 If you’re free tonight, make your way to Niles. Halftime entertainment: @eireog and I in a 40 yard dash race. Better yet, make it a 40 foot dash.

Naz -9 All systems go in LaGrange Park for the young Roadrunners

PC -3 Cheering for Cogs that 4-5 and high playoff points (might be highest) get the Celts into the postseason

MCHS +30 Too many points. Toppers MASH unit safely cruise

StP -5 Shamrocks on the road to get into the playoffs.

MSparta +1 Something happened on the way back to 2003 for the Corsairs so I’ll take the Spartan playmakers

MCanes -17 One score losses to Pat’s and PC comes back to haunt a decent Hurricane team

Rich -5 Always cheer for LEO but not when handicapping reputations are on the line

DLS +26 The Cadets are definitely going to ruin someone’s Saturday pairing night but covering 4 TDs is a tall order for a team that is more solid than explosive

Friar +3 Everyone calling it the GOTW, but I’ll go a couple magnitudes higher and call it the the Non-Blue Game of the Century. Yeah, I said what I said

Good luck and good health. And kids, soon to be men, if this is your last week playing football, thank you for playing through all this craziness so us old farts can fight on a message board.

Last edited:
How is it week 9 already? On one side I am sad to see the season fly by, on the other I am excited for playoff football. We haven’t had too many 5+ page threads this season but the playoffs never disappoint. Here are my picks and as always, if you’re playing with real money I’d suggest doing the exact opposite…

BR -7
MC +13 - Both teams playoff qualified, nothing left to play for, rest the starters and let the subs get some run in this game. What do you say Bowie?

SR -20
Naz -9

PC -3
Montini +30

Pat’s -5
COM -1

DePaul +17
Leo +5

Marmion -26
Fenwick +3
Marist win combined with MC upset of Loyola will give MC at least a share of the ccl blue. Don’t let these kids hear you say there’s nothing to play for!

• Love
Reactions: Bowie50
Seedings for State make for strange bedfellows.

C’mon Crusader and Caravan!

BR -7 Badke’s last Pulaski Bowl? High energy on both sides of the ball for both teams here.

MC +13 MC at home. Post (or Pre depending on how you look at it and his recovery) Maldonado LA excellent but gettable. 2 TD spread too much from Gambletron

NND +20 If you’re free tonight, make your way to Niles. Halftime entertainment: @eireog and I in a 40 yard dash race. Better yet, make it a 40 foot dash.

Naz -9 All systems go in LaGrange Park for the young Roadrunners

PC -3 Cheering for Cogs that 4-5 and high playoff points (might be highest) get the Celts into the postseason

MCHS +30 Too many points. Toppers MASH unit safely cruise

StP -5 Shamrocks on the road to get into the playoffs.

MSparta +1 Something happened on the way back to 2003 for the Corsairs so I’ll take the Spartan playmakers

MCanes -17 One score losses to Pat’s and PC comes back to haunt a decent Hurricane team

Rich -5 Always cheer for LEO but not when handicapping reputations are on the line

DLS +26 The Cadets are definitely going to ruin someone’s Saturday pairing night but covering 4 TDs is a tall order for a team that is more solid than explosive

Friar +3 Everyone calling it the GOTW, but I’ll go a couple magnitudes higher and call it the the Non-Blue Game of the Century. Yeah, I said what I said

Good luck and good health. And kids, soon to be men, if this is your last week playing football, thank you for playing through all this craziness so us old farts can fight on a message board.
I’m winded just thinking about it.

Just a joke with Bowie, nothing to take seriously.
I completely agree! This is a big game at Dowling. Throw records and past performance out the window. This is going to be a slugfest. I think MC pulls out a close one. I already texted McCaravan to ascertain how good your place kicker is…we can’t have a repeat of 2019 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: caravan8
Montini’s coaches have forgotten more than I’ll ever know about football. I don’t want to be that guy but it seemed like they can’t really decide who or what they want to be. Their QB is a good player and very accurate, their RB is an absolute load, they’ve got a great bubble guy in #9, an excellent utility player in #23 (slot, split, jet etc) and what looks like a very solid split in #25. They had no identity against Naz. They were killing Naz in the spread run game with #6 and they mysteriously went away from it. They did a great job mixing in #23 and getting the edge occasionally and really hurt Naz in the bubble game but instead of putting it all together they would go away from things, run read option stuff (not your QB’s game) and try to throw downfield to #14 (he’ll be a star in time) and imo that led to a very inefficient second half. Things just kinda reeked of dysfunction and I can’t say I understand why but let me reiterate… I definitely don’t know more than their coaches.
Tre Jones transferring to Oswego East really hurt Montini and benefited East. Montini QB is decent but with Jones they win 3A

Reactions: ignazio
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT