ADVERTISEMENT

Question,why is lovie smith still coaching,he's robbing the Illini nation.

He’s the worst. I thought he’d be a good hire. He had decent recruits but now they’re all quitting and transferring. Illinois is a mess. There is no reason they shouldn’t be at least middle of the pack as opposed to the worst team in the big ten. Awful.

The Illini are horrible,and our man lovie just stands there.
The Lovie Smith experiment has been a disaster. Did you know he is the highest paid employee of the state of Illinois? No wonder we're broke. He also looks comatose whenever he is on camera.

Any kid wanting to go there better take a good long look at that program,,they got what they paid for .

If they were to fire Lovie.....

Who should they hire? I was hoping they would have gotten PJ Fleck but they went w Lovie instead. Not sure what up and comer would want this job.

Chuck would have instant credibility to recruit & keep kids in state. '86 Rich East grad....team that eliminated Alstott/JCA. Grand Valley d2 championships, ND coaching/recruiting pedigree...bring him home.

Chuck would have instant credibility to recruit & keep kids in state. '86 Rich East grad....team that eliminated Alstott/JCA. Grand Valley d2 championships, ND coaching/recruiting pedigree...bring him home.
Sounds good but don’t understand the eliminate Alstott line. As a coach? I thought Alstott graduated early 90s from JCA

Reactions: Skins93
played for a very good coach, on a all-time great defense from southburbs. Coaches the same way. brutally honest. Imagine we move bottom of the pack, to middle rather quickly.

I thought when Edgy got mad a few weeks back he said this was a HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL forum only :/

Nobody is talking about the new athletic director that made the horrible mistake of hiring Lovie at that ridicously high salary. They should both be fired. They did not even try to recruit Sanborn, 4 star recruit, etc

Nobody is talking about the new athletic director that made the horrible mistake of hiring Lovie at that ridicously high salary. They should both be fired. They did not even try to recruit Sanborn, 4 star recruit, etc

Sanborn = one of the best HS linebackers I have ever seen live and in person at a game.

Reactions: ChrisitanBros84
Paging Mr. Herman, Mr. Herman Boone

DSdjqb5U8AMqPK9.jpg

Should’ve gotten Dino Babers. He has Syracuse in a good spot right now.

Eagles I was thinking the same thing. Great recruiter, great coach and one of the nicest guys you could meet. He can spot talent. Take for instance Sterlin Gilbert the offensive coordinator at South Florida. He was a hs coach in Texas prior to Babers taking him to Eastern. Sean Lewis, the head coach at Kent State, was a GA at Akron prior to Babers putting him on the coaching staff at Eastern. Kamu Gruiger-Hill, a kid from Hawaii who has played football for one year, and was not recruited by any team at any level, Babers gave him a scholarship to Eastern, he was drafted by the Patriots, and is now a linebacker for the Eagles. Refined Jimmy Garoppolo. What else is there to say.
What a miss.

Reactions: Gene K.
Dino Babers
Butch Jones

Liepold is an interesting name. That’s a good call

Offer 20mil per year to a coach and things will change. We will continue to get mid major coaches and winning 5 games

I saw an article the other day about the teams who had been the longest since being in the top 25...The Big 10 had four of the six longest...Indiana '94, Purdue '07, Illinois & Rutgers...Somebody needs to step up in Champaign...Perhaps Lovie needs to hire Frank Lenti as recruiting director and Holecek as defensive coordinator, grooming Holocek to replace himself...And Derek Leonard might make a good offensive coordinator...

Its been a recruiting issue for quite some time. Who was the last big time recruit Illinois got from the Chicago area? Martez Wilson?

Reactions: kkhawk
2015 Four/Five Stars who went elsewhere:
Terry Beckner Jr.East St. Louis (East Saint Louis, IL)
Raequan Williams DePaul College Prep (Chicago, IL)
Miles BoykinProvidence Catholic (New Lenox, IL)
Natereace Strong East St. Louis (East Saint Louis, IL)

2016 Four/Five Stars who went elsewhere:
Josh KingHinsdale South (Darien, IL)
Naquan JonesEvanston Township (Evanston, IL)
Daniel JosephLake Forest Academy (Lake Forest, IL)
Tuf BorlandBolingbrook (Bolingbrook, IL)
Mike PanasiukLake Park (Roselle, IL)
Royce Newman Nashville Comm (Nashville, IL)

2017 Four/Five Stars who went elsewhere:
A.J. Epenesa Edwardsville (Edwardsville, IL)
Jeff ThomasEast St. Louis (East Saint Louis, IL)
Cole Kmet St. Viator (Arlington Heights, IL)
Kevin Jarvis Maine South (Park Ridge, IL)
Dalton Wagner Richmond-Burton (Richmond, IL)
Isaiah Robertson Neuqua Valley (Naperville, IL)
Izayah Green-MayBolingbrook (Bolingbrook, IL)

That's 17 dudes - 4 and 5 stars - who went elsewhere that are in college now. There are HUNDREDS of three stars I could list too.

Currently, there are 43 of 101 on the U of I roster from Illinois.

I understand Smallings went to U of I to be close to home and have immediate playing time but he needs to jump ship to a school with a proven passing game

Reactions: Gene K.
Lovie is 2-1 against Rutgers and 1-19 against the rest of the Big 10.

6-year, $21 million contract and it is only year 3.

Where is that Illini nation that was so strong to defend Lovie? Can I send them a bill for this crap?

Reactions: crusaderpride
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT