ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterfinals - Breese Central @ Rochester

Exactly.
Why go back to dumpster diving in 4A when you already won 5A?
Should be setting your sights on some bigger fish, or at least, that’s the vibe I get from Rocket fans. Some pretty frequent chatter about being in the upper echelon, and it’s a relatively simple process to actually jump up there and prove it.
All.... The standard shtick line. Years from now you will hear it again. But back in 2019 we beat St. Rita! Why we beat SHG twice that season. Chatham a quarter final team this year defeated by the Rockets. Look who we play in the regular season! Blah, blah, blah. Not the same sorry. And of course the rodent will remind everyone (again) that 2019 Mustang team would of finished no better then third in the CS8.

What can't be debated is Rochester has never petitioned to play up. The deeper end of the pool is not for everyone. Staying in the shallows is safe. And they know it. Beating the Lincolns of the world in postseason play is enough to crow about for them.

But a time will come the 4A publics will have had enough. And a push for the SF for publics schools talk will gain momentum until a proposal is submitted to the Ihsa for consideration and eventually a vote by the collective membership. Rochester will wail kicking and screaming to stop it. "Feelings" will be hurt. A subject matter that immensely produces this constant reaction among their followers every waking moment . Likely in dreams as well. An easy remedy though. Put up or shut up. Everyone that follows high school football in the state understands this and deep down so does the Rocket coaching staff. But they are not about to budge until forced. Ratsy

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cigaros
Why doesn’t Rochester petition up to something more suitable, like 5A or 6A?

That would have been a no brainer back in say, 2016. Rochester has won only one title since 2017. So moving up a class does not make as much sense as it would have seven or eight years ago. Now, if they go on a three or four year run like they have in the past, we can re-ask the question

Reactions: net-se
@cornerrat why doesn't SHG petition up? Sure, they get success factored and then after a few years of being pimp smacked they have to go win small ball Championships. Don't worry, your glory days are over. SHG will never win another state championship and you'll continue to be butt hurt over Rochester earning title after title with homegrown kids. Maybe you guys should start praying to GrossNoises.

That would have been a no brainer back in say, 2016. Rochester has won only one title since 2017. So moving up a class does not make as much sense as it would have seven or eight years ago. Now, if they go on a three or four year run like they have in the past, we can re-ask the question
All.... But you forget one important point. The success factor rule imposed upon the privates. For that to occur in the two year enrollment period a team has to make the final twice. Up you go one class. Now if the SF came to everyone which is what should be and want to double the overall period. Fine. As it stands now the SF is an outrageous discriminatory additional Catholic Tax. And I need to remind you as well the privates are already having to play up with the multiplier (the first Catholic Tax) one class and for some at times two depending upon when the 256 qualifiers are announced in postseason play. Ratsy

All.... But you forget one important point. The success factor rule imposed upon the privates. For that to occur in the two year enrollment period a team has to make the final twice. Up you go one class. Now if the SF came to everyone which is what should be and want to double the overall period. Fine. As it stands now the SF is an outrageous discriminatory additional Catholic Tax. Ratsy
I think it's called a "tithe."

• Haha
Reactions: chiliconcarne2
I think it's called a "tithe."
All.... I know all about that. (lol) Never could get away from those envelopes that were sent to my home. Even if you moved they always made it into the new mail box. And God help you if a week was missed. Then the phone call from Fathers secretary. Ahh the good old days. Ratsy

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
Gosh...if 4A is "dumpster diving" or "small ball", does SHG have plans to disavow their 2022 4A championship and return their trophy? May need some black paint for that scoreboard too since they proudly display that championship up there.

Gosh...if 4A is "dumpster diving" or "small ball", does SHG have plans to disavow their 2022 4A championship and return their trophy? May need some black paint for that scoreboard too since they proudly display that championship up there.

Nah, it's just sour grapes. I can't expect these guys to have read any Aesop although it's quite elementary stuff. Everyone wishes they could be a Rochester Rocket. We will go on to win easy state title after easy state title while SHG tries to buy them (while trying to convince you it's not a big deal).

Honestly, at this point if I'm even in Glenwood I stay put seeing as they can get further in the playoffs there for free and they don't have to pretend to be Catholics for an hour a day.

Hey SHG contingent, how was basketball practice yesterday?

You're not funny at all, and your sad attempts at banter are a chore for everyone to read. But deep down you know that.
If reading is a chore for you, life must be kicking your ass. Was that short enough? I don't want to give you a headache.

Last edited:
Do you mean like in 2019 when they won the 5A title over a previous 7A St. Rita?
I've tried to tell 'em this cigaros. We already have a sample of the Rockets playing up... granted 5A that year wasn't what it is this year maybe? I'm sure that'll be the logic that's used.

If reading is a chore for you, life must be kicking your ass. Was that short enough? I don't want to give you a headache.

What do you think you scream writing unsolicited and unhinged rants on here night after night? Do you think that makes you seem educated? You're an embarrassment to your family. The best things you have written on here are blatantly plagiarized from the GrossNoises that has caused you obvious emotional distress. Your best thoughts are things I have already insulted you with. Do you not realize how foolish you look engaging in this? You cannot hold yourself up as a serious member of society getting all upset because of the GrossNoises you hear.

Anyways, back to the football. I saw they have already started the clock at Rocket Booster Stadium. It's a shame we haven't been able to watch a complete game there this year, but it's our burden.

Nor shall I ever inspire to...

You remain as useless to these boards as a seat cushion is to Kim K. Kindly return to GN's rectum, or whoever's orifice you slid out of.

....that's it?

Alright gentlemen, over under on when the running clock starts is set at 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Place your bets.

@circletrack32 where's our money? Thought you were rich doing some hillbilly blue collar job every weekend. Pay up.

....that's it?

Alright gentlemen, over under on when the running clock starts is set at 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Place your bets.

@circletrack32 where's our money? Thought you were rich doing some hillbilly blue collar job every weekend. Pay up.
I mean he's your disciple... He told me in his previous miracle that reading was a chore for him. Surely you can gather better followers to join the cult than first generation 8th grade graduates, right? Or are mouth breathers kind of your type?

The bus will remain running and parked on campus for this one. I'll let you pass like the gas you are this time bud.

@circletrack32 yeah bro, GN's broke again, help a Jesus out.

Exactly.
Why go back to dumpster diving in 4A when you already won 5A?
Should be setting your sights on some bigger fish, or at least, that’s the vibe I get from Rocket fans. Some pretty frequent chatter about being in the upper echelon, and it’s a relatively simple process to actually jump up there and prove it.
Why don’t you ask the people who run the program? Asking this question here is it akin to asking why we haven’t bombed Iran. No one is in control of that effort in this forum. What you were looking for is an argument about it. The people who are defending the program Are explaining why it is so good. The question should be why haven’t the other programs of larger size gotten better. There are only 3 schools in this state which have performed over the last 15 years at such a high-level. And yet the other 511 are trying to tell them how to run their programs. Since 2010, one of those schools has made the quarterfinals 13 out of 15 seasons. (East St. Louis). LA has made it 14 of 15. The other school, Rochester, has made it every season since 2009.

You don’t demand Lena do it. You don’t demand Saint Teresa do it. You don’t demand Wilmington do it. You don’t demand Williamsville do it. You don’t demand Byron do it. You don’t demand Carey Grove do it. You don’t demand Wheaton north do it. all of those schools were in the state finals last year. The only reason you’re coming after Rochester is because you are envious of their long history of success, in such a short history of having a program.

And before you respond… I was one of those private school kids. All boys, school, and thus we were doubled in enrollment. And then we were multiplied. And I’ll add, I helped recruit kids to my school. So let’s put away any notion that I don’t already understand what the private school kids are doing and what the public school kids do. The differences people like you complain about successful programs, who do it without the advantage of recruiting. The four losses Rochester has in the playoffs are all to private schools. And at no time did we bitch it was because they were private. We looked within ourselves and realized it was a dropped pass in the end zone against Althoff, it was an early interception against B-Mac, it was a matter of one mistake made with too little time remaining in a one score loss to SHG, and then being out of energy to sustain 4 quarters the second second time against SHG.

So what is the failure within the program you support? Because I don’t think those kids in 1A through 3A appreciate being called the ldumpster dive”of the football playoffs. After all, one of those schools is Lombard Montini.

Reactions: OldSICA
I've tried to tell 'em this cigaros. We already have a sample of the Rockets playing up... granted 5A that year wasn't what it is this year maybe? I'm sure that'll be the logic that's used.
And I’m sure they will forget that 7A Saint Rita was the opponent. People will laud how fantastic Saint Rita is and then forget that Derek let off the gas before it became a running clock. Their vaunted running back, who went onto Ohio State and later, transferred to Iowa was held less than 1 yard per carry.

Last edited:
All..... Another non answer. Rochester has no plans to petition up ever. By the way Doctor_d is not an SHG guy. Bringing up SHG to deflect is amusing when everyone knows the Rocket coaching staff is more then content to swim in the shallows and win small ball trophys. And that is fine but own it..... Ratsy

All..... Another non answer. Rochester has no plans to petition up ever. By the way Doctor_d is not an SHG guy. Bringing up SHG to deflect is amusing when everyone knows the Rocket coaching staff is more then content to swim in the shallows and win small ball trophys. Ratsy

How was basketball practice? Are you guys going to suck at that too?

• Haha
All..... Another non answer. Rochester has no plans to petition up ever. By the way Doctor_d is not an SHG guy. Bringing up SHG to deflect is amusing when everyone knows the Rocket coaching staff is more then content to swim in the shallows and win small ball trophys. And that is fine but own it..... Ratsy
Ahh...gotcha. I knew rats liked dumpsters. We'll move on over and make more space for you. Or....when y'all going to renounce that championship?

Ahh...gotcha. I knew rats liked dumpsters. We'll move on over and make more space for you. Or....when y'all going to renounce that championship?
All.... Gotcha? Haaaa.... Aww your feelings are stil hurt knowing the truth is out for all to see. Rockets never going to petition up. But the SF eventually for the publics is going to arrive sooner or later. IThat continues to make the Ihsa look like the discriminators they are for allowing such a thing. And if so a back to back small ball trophy run in the same two year period. And poof 5A here comes Rochester weeping all the way. lol Have a pleasant evening have to roll.... Ratsy

And I’m sure they will forget that 7A Saint Rita was the opponent. People will laid how fantastic Saint Rita is and then forget that Derek let off the gas before it became a running clock. Their vaunted running back, who went onto Ohio State and later, transferred to Iowa was held less than 1 yard per carry.
I mean dude, I been telling 'em DL can outcoach ole boy at IC 10 out of 10 or at worst 9 of 10 even with inferior athletes. Just like we did at my alma mater, they'll learn after the Ls at the hands of the Rockets start piling up.

I mean dude, I been telling 'em DL can outcoach ole boy at IC 10 out of 10 or at worst 9 of 10 even with inferior athletes. Just like we did at my alma mater, they'll learn after the Ls at the hands of the Rockets start piling up.
What years were you at Driscoll?

Fair enough, but many from the fan base still insinuate (at minimum) how the Rockets could win at levels higher than 4A. It gets monotonous, when the option to move up exists.
Why don’t you ask the people who run the program? Asking this question here is it akin to asking why we haven’t bombed Iran. No one is in control of that effort in this forum. What you were looking for is an argument about it. The people who are defending the program Are explaining why it is so good. The question should be why haven’t the other programs of larger size gotten better. There are only 3 schools in this state which have performed over the last 15 years at such a high-level. And yet the other 511 are trying to tell them how to run their programs. Since 2010, one of those schools has made the quarterfinals 13 out of 15 seasons. (East St. Louis). LA has made it 14 of 15. The other school, Rochester, has made it every season since 2009.

You don’t demand Lena do it. You don’t demand Saint Teresa do it. You don’t demand Wilmington do it. You don’t demand Williamsville do it. You don’t demand Byron do it. You don’t demand Carey Grove do it. You don’t demand Wheaton north do it. all of those schools were in the state finals last year. The only reason you’re coming after Rochester is because you are envious of their long history of success, in such a short history of having a program.

And before you respond… I was one of those private school kids. All boys, school, and thus we were doubled in enrollment. And then we were multiplied. And I’ll add, I helped recruit kids to my school. So let’s put away any notion that I don’t already understand what the private school kids are doing and what the public school kids do. The differences people like you complain about successful programs, who do it without the advantage of recruiting. The four losses Rochester has in the playoffs are all to private schools. And at no time did we bitch it was because they were private. We looked within ourselves and realized it was a dropped pass in the end zone against Althoff, it was an early interception against B-Mac, it was a matter of one mistake made with too little time remaining in a one score loss to SHG, and then being out of energy to sustain 4 quarters the second second time against SHG.

So what is the failure within the program you support? Because I don’t think those kids in 1A through 3A appreciate being called the ldumpster dive”of the football playoffs. After all, one of those schools is Lombard Montini.
There might be fans here that have close ties to the Rochester staff or administrators with knowledge. Not that I’d expect anyone to spill the beans entirely.
Lena probably should have moved up also. They don’t have fans here that crow about winning up, although they almost certainly do in other places. The other schools aren’t there yet.
I’m not jealous. I’m not a private school guy, but I think it’s ridiculous that the SF doesn’t apply to all. I also get it, that it wouldn’t even apply to you this year if it was a thing.
I understand that you want your team to have comfortable wins. Low stress. I want the same for my team. They are still playing also.
Casual fans want to see good games. I’m not even rooting for Rochester to lose, I just want to see them and DL challenged. I think I can speak for many here when I say that I don’t care to hear about how Rochester could beat up the bigger teams when the option to actually do so exists.

Nor shall I ever inspire to...

You remain as useless to these boards as a seat cushion is to Kim K. Kindly return to GN's rectum, or whoever's orifice you slid out of.
No I'll stay here awhile, then I'll crawl back into your mom's orifice I just slid out of.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Ok Mr. 1-4 all time in 4A finals (1-2 since iHSA went to 8 classes)

All.... Gotcha? Haaaa.... Aww your feelings are stil hurt knowing the truth is out for all to see. Rockets never going to petition up. But the SF eventually for the publics is going to arrive sooner or later. IThat continues to make the Ihsa look like the discriminators they are for allowing such a thing. And if so a back to back small ball trophy run in the same two year period. And poof 5A here comes Rochester weeping all the way. lol Have a pleasant evening have to roll.... Ratsy
Well, given the last time, Rochester was in the 5A playoffs, they won the title… Beating SHG along the way. And good thing for SHG as they didn’t accumulate enough playoff wins, and thus were no longer multiplied. Tell us about those playoffs some more why don’t you.

All.... The standard shtick line. Years from now you will hear it again. But back in 2019 we beat St. Rita! Why we beat SHG twice that season. Chatham a quarter final team this year defeated by the Rockets. Look who we play in the regular season! Blah, blah, blah. Not the same sorry. And of course the rodent will remind everyone (again) that 2019 Mustang team would of finished no better then third in the CS8.

What can't be debated is Rochester has never petitioned to play up. The deeper end of the pool is not for everyone. Staying in the shallows is safe. And they know it. Beating the Lincolns of the world in postseason play is enough to crow about for them.

But a time will come the 4A publics will have had enough. And a push for the SF for publics schools talk will gain momentum until a proposal is submitted to the Ihsa for consideration and eventually a vote by the collective membership. Rochester will wail kicking and screaming to stop it. "Feelings" will be hurt. A subject matter that immensely produces this constant reaction among their followers every waking moment . Likely in dreams as well. An easy remedy though. Put up or shut up. Everyone that follows high school football in the state understands this and deep down so does the Rocket coaching staff. But they are not about to budge until forced. Ratsy
Aw, look at you getting all upset. You get upset when an example is given. This very example was out of the control of the Rockets. And still you whine away.

@cornerrat really talked tough about me not engaging him when I was banned. Now that I have risen from the dead he has cowered in fear from my replies. He has shown he is as big of a coward as every individual in the SHG building.

SHG gets the pick of the litter yet does not petition up to 8A where the "real" football must be played. I was right to ignore him in my first stint as I consider him beneath me. Which is quite ridiculous when you consider the fact I engage knuckle draggers such as RoaminCatholic consistently.

• Haha
Reactions: chiliconcarne2
Ok Mr. 1-4 all time in 4A finals (1-2 since iHSA went to 8 classes)
All.... Haaa took you a long time till someone had to remind you the first two were not in an eight class postseason. Dolt! Yes one 1 for 2 in 21 and 22. Who beat SHG in the 21. Why JCA who would of torn you a new one had you met them in that final. But you didn't. Why not. Haaaaa. Not to worry though. All the heavy hitters are gone. Now your Rockets can go back to beating the Lincolns of the world onto another small ball title. Which is what your Coach and his staff live for. They want only to stay in 4A. The shallow kitty side of the pool is good enough for them. lol Ratsy

Last edited:
  • Haha
All.... Haaa took you a long time till someone had to remind you the first two were not in an eight class postseason. Dolt! Yes one 1 for 2 in 21 and 22. Who beat SHG in the 21. Why JCA who would of torn you a new one had you met them in that final. But you didn't. Why not. Haaaaa. Not to worry though. All the heavy hitters are gone. Now your Rockets can go back to beating the Lincolns of the world onto another small ball title. Which is what your Coach and his staff live for. They want only to stay in 4A. The shallow kitty side of the pool is good enough for them. lol Ratsy
You are still reeling from having two losses at home this year aren’t you?

Let’s go through the history. This time we use statistics and the predictors that everyone else uses. I went further, and compared the 5A bracket, and the corresponding seed for which Rochester was in their 4A bracket. Mind you, I made sure to compare who the corresponding seed was in 5A, and whether Rochester would beat them all. The answer was yes. So let’s proceed forward.

2010, you lost in the first round to Jacksonville because half the team went out and got drunk the night before. Rochester would’ve won the championship.

Since you choked in 2010, let’s go to 2011. Both the Rockets and the cyclones would’ve lost to Joliet Catholic.

2012, Rochester would’ve made it to the semifinals, losing the Sacred Heart.

2013 Rochester would’ve made it to the semi finals losing to sacred Hart. Sacred Heart won the title that year.

2014 Rochester would’ve made it to the quarterfinals losing Sacred Heart. Sacred Heart won the title that year.

2015 Rochester would’ve lost two Lincolnway West. However, the 4A team which beat Rochester would’ve also beaten Sacred Heart.

2016 Rochester would’ve won the championship

2017 Rochester would’ve won the championship

2018 Rochester would’ve lost to Hillcrest however, Sacred Heart would lose to Bishop Mac who beat Rochester as well

2019… Do you really want to discuss that one again?

So, given the absence of reality, and the absolute factless comments you make, Rochester and Sacred Heart would be tied at three titles apiece. The reality is Rochester would’ve made it further in the playoffs year after year, than Sacred Heart because they actually respect their opponents rather than taking them for granted.

The one real, denominator here is one program is almost 30 years old. where is another has been at this for 90 years and still has fewer titles. Sit down Boy.

Get used to the SHG banter becoming less fun as they become more irrelevant with each passing year. They will soon take the place of Cowboys fans who still think it's 1995. The present and future is Rochester. SHG will never win another meaningful game of football again.

Get used to the SHG banter becoming less fun as they become more irrelevant with each passing year. They will soon take the place of Cowboys fans who still think it's 1995. The present and future is Rochester. SHG will never win another meaningful game of football again.
Not so sure about that. If the public Springfield highs continue to put bad teams on the field, SHG will “attract” some of the better players. I mean, the can’t all pull up roots and leagally move to Rochester

You are still reeling from having two losses at home this year aren’t you?

Let’s go through the history. This time we use statistics and the predictors that everyone else uses. I went further, and compared the 5A bracket, and the corresponding seed for which Rochester was in their 4A bracket. Mind you, I made sure to compare who the corresponding seed was in 5A, and whether Rochester would beat them all. The answer was yes. So let’s proceed forward.

2010, you lost in the first round to Jacksonville because half the team went out and got drunk the night before. Rochester would’ve won the championship.

Since you choked in 2010, let’s go to 2011. Both the Rockets and the cyclones would’ve lost to Joliet Catholic.

2012, Rochester would’ve made it to the semifinals, losing the Sacred Heart.

2013 Rochester would’ve made it to the semi finals losing to sacred Hart. Sacred Heart won the title that year.

2014 Rochester would’ve made it to the quarterfinals losing Sacred Heart. Sacred Heart won the title that year.

2015 Rochester would’ve lost two Lincolnway West. However, the 4A team which beat Rochester would’ve also beaten Sacred Heart.

2016 Rochester would’ve won the championship

2017 Rochester would’ve won the championship

2018 Rochester would’ve lost to Hillcrest however, Sacred Heart would lose to Bishop Mac who beat Rochester as well

2019… Do you really want to discuss that one again?

So, given the absence of reality, and the absolute factless comments you make, Rochester and Sacred Heart would be tied at three titles apiece. The reality is Rochester would’ve made it further in the playoffs year after year, than Sacred Heart because they actually respect their opponents rather than taking them for granted.

The one real, denominator here is one program is almost 30 years old. where is another has been at this for 90 years and still has fewer titles. Sit down Boy.
All.... Now Mensa want to be. Hold on ....One would think constant failure engaging the rodent on your part would be tiring. Statistics and predictors. lol Not the real thing. Haaaa. Of course it's all you have left to argue.

Sorry that your feelings are so raw, hurt, and exposed because the truth of the Rochester program has finally hit home . Oddly it took but a rodent giving a needed lesson for you to have that epiphany and finally true clarity. You now accept.....

The Rockets coaching staff craves only to stay in 4A knowing their place in the food chain wanting no part in a higher class. Final acceptance by yourself will now allow you sleep at night and inner peace will come forth. Change of thought is hard but I congratulate you on your breakthrough. Have a pleasant day. Your new walk of life has started. Ratsy

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K. and cigaros
Not so sure about that. If the public Springfield highs continue to put bad teams on the field, SHG will “attract” some of the better players. I mean, the can’t all pull up roots and leagally move to Rochester

Good point, and they will never petition up to where the real football is played. They are content to be a big 4A school most years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT