ADVERTISEMENT

O/U Lines for your team

Wilmatucky

Nov 1, 2017
Wilmington
If you were an oddsmaker what would you set the O/U win total line at for the team you show allegiance to? If you are unfamiliar remember the lines are set in a way to make the bet most appealing to bettors on both sides, therefore resulting in the closest possible to a 50/50 split in bets taken in. I'll set three:

Wilmo- 6.5
Coal City- 7.5
Braidwood- 3

Feel free to set your own or converse about any of the set lines.

I should have clarified....regular season wins only......

***Remember this is strictly hypothetical and all in fun. Anyone who bets more than a casual wager with a drinking buddy on high school sports, should probably seek help. We don't need a Pete Rose situation starting lol***

Last edited:
Who can set a Minooka line? I am familiar with them, but not necessarily their conference.....I will say 5.5 .......I hope that isn't laughably low, but like I said I'm not too familiar with the conference.......

Who can set a Minooka line? I am familiar with them, but not necessarily their conference.....I will say 5.5 .......I hope that isn't laughably low, but like I said I'm not too familiar with the conference.......

I think that is low. I would say 7

I hope you are right but the Tigers were 3-6 last year including a sad loss to Joliet Central, first time since 1989. Beat Minooka.
Minooka is going to be tough, Pl North is improved and other teams have some good talent. I like the JR QB at Pl East and he has some great Jr Receivers.

I think over for sure. 7-2 or 8-1 at least for the Broncos.

MC, Rita and PC are the only potential losses and I feel they are favorites vs both Rita and Provi

Opening game is against a top 3 team in Wisconsin. Not sure what to think about it really.

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
De La Salle - 6

I'd really rather not see Montini, Naz and Mount Carmel on our schedule, but we do have to play them as mandated by the CCL and IHSA.

The ICE factors...

Coal City 7.5 : the Coalers non-con games will likely be two of the three toughest games they play all year.

Wilmington 7.0 : the Cats will likely lose to the Coalers, split non-con.

Manteno 6.0 : power running Coalers, Cats, Morris will be problems. Stud frosh looks to be starting on d-line (only second player in his career that Haines has moved up to varsity as a frosh - I assume the first was the stud that went to Illinois from the Iroquois West championship team)...

The rest of the field is a mess...

Herscher 4.0 : non-con Central & Momence are 2...

Peotone 4.0 : heavy grad losses...

RC 3.5 : does the offense continue to improve? do they have a defense?

Lisle 3.0 : not sure they will be able to replace McGrath...

Streator 2.5 : they only won 5 games once since joining the I-8...

McNamara 5.5 : Mac's traditional power run game is going to have serious problems replacing King. Jackson, the likely choice, is an all-America catcher as a junior, and he & Hiller the QB played in the Palomino World Series earlier this month. I don't picture Jackson taking 30 carries a game like King did, and Hiller's key receivers all graduated...IC and CC will likely beat them...

De La Salle - 6

I'd really rather not see Montini, Naz and Mount Carmel on our schedule, but we do have to play them as mandated by the CCL and IHSA.
5 home games to start the season should help the Meteors get out of the gate quick. Offense has talent at RB and WR and a new QB coming in I believe. How do the lines look? That’ll be key, last couple of seasons when the QB had time they moved the ball and scored big. What’s the defense look like?

over
push or under
over

ICE seems like the wild west (or big ten west) aside from a few top dogs everybody is solid and can beat up on each other any given day

Manteno is going to be better than expected I think. I am confident Week 1, week 2 is a toss up with the Coalers being a slight dog to the Irish

The ICE factors...

Coal City 7.5 : the Coalers non-con games will likely be two of the three toughest games they play all year.

Manteno 6.0 : power running Coalers, Cats, Morris will be problems. Stud frosh looks to be starting on d-line (only second player in his career that Haines has moved up to varsity as a frosh - I assume the first was the stud that went to Illinois from the Iroquois West championship team)...

McNamara 5.5 : Mac's traditional power run game is going to have serious problems replacing King. Jackson, the likely choice, is an all-America catcher as a junior, and he & Hiller the QB played in the Palomino World Series earlier this month. I don't picture Jackson taking 30 carries a game like King did, and Hiller's key receivers all graduated...IC and CC will likely beat them...

Coalers over
Wilmington push
Manteno push ( I like them at 6-3)
Herscher under
Peotone over (I like Coach Tully and he will scratch out wins)
RC under way under
Lisle over
Streator over
Mac over. They still have a lot of athletes on both sides. The Jackson kid is a horse. I guess it would depend a lot on Hillers health

Last edited:
5 home games to start the season should help the Meteors get out of the gate quick. Offense has talent at RB and WR and a new QB coming in I believe. How do the lines look? That’ll be key, last couple of seasons when the QB had time they moved the ball and scored big. What’s the defense look like?
Who’s the QB?

St Laurence Vikings...5
Lincoln Way East ....8.5
York Dukes...5.5
Marist Redhawks...6.5

The ICE factors...

CC- ill give benefit of doubt against Morris......OVER

Wilmo- don't know why but the first two weeks scare me (I see them losing one of them just not sure which one), as does CC and another conference slip......UNDER

Manteno- they improve off last year but 6 seems high to me, I would say Morris, CC, Wilmo are probably loses sooooooo.....UNDER

Herscher- I'll go under or push

Peotone- OVER

RC- HUGE question about this team! Will they continue to grow? Their new coach is supposed to be the guy and he seems to have them trending in the right direction. The 3.5 is what scares me and the ICE is just too tough week in and week out. Plus fieldcrest usually is pretty decent.......SO I'll take the UNDER.

Lisle- Their game with Harvard gets us really close to 3. Should be able to find two more easily, then I like them in a toss up game or two. I doubt Lisle drops that much from last year and their home field is a tough place to play. OVER

Streator- Are they they new punching bag of the ICE? 2.5 is really low but I still have to go UNDER (especially since most of my other "bets" are banking on a Streator loss).

CC- ill give benefit of doubt against Morris......OVER

Wilmo- don't know why but the first two weeks scare me (I see them losing one of them just not sure which one), as does CC and another conference slip......UNDER

Manteno- they improve off last year but 6 seems high to me, I would say Morris, CC, Wilmo are probably loses sooooooo.....UNDER

Herscher- I'll go under or push

Peotone- OVER

RC- HUGE question about this team! Will they continue to grow? Their new coach is supposed to be the guy and he seems to have them trending in the right direction. The 3.5 is what scares me and the ICE is just too tough week in and week out. Plus fieldcrest usually is pretty decent.......SO I'll take the UNDER.

Lisle- Their game with Harvard gets us really close to 3. Should be able to find two more easily, then I like them in a toss up game or two. I doubt Lisle drops that much from last year and their home field is a tough place to play. OVER

Streator- Are they they new punching bag of the ICE? 2.5 is really low but I still have to go UNDER (especially since most of my other "bets" are banking on a Streator loss).

Herscher has big problems.. after a 5 year run that's included 5 playoffs, win over BMac, three quarterfinals and a semi-finals.. they have 21 varsity players and 41 in the program... could be looking at a 3-4 year run of 2-7 type seasons..

And Central will beat them this year, their junior class has superior athletes..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT