ADVERTISEMENT

Morris football program shut down after positive COVID-19 test

Not that I want to air out my personal business but football families aren’t the only ones suffering due to covid. I’ve spent the better part of my week dealing with a kid who’s been admitted for depression and covid restrictions is making therapy worse. I could have used a better choice of words and not say get a hobby. I was merely trying to put things in perspective. Whatever, think what you want to think about me, poke fun and even ignore me. I’m good.
Listen my man, no worries, it’s tough times, I try not to take anything personally, it’s all good. As far as your daughter I’ll add her to my prayers. I’ve dealt with it personally, within my family, and within my profession, tragically unfortunately, too many times. The blessing in this is that your aware of it and she is getting help. I’ve known too many people, myself included years ago, that buried depression and it didn't end well. Thank God for my wife, I’m a success story, your daughter will be too.

Last edited:
Listen my man, no worries, it’s tough times, I try not to take anything personally, it’s all good. As far as your daughter I’ll add her to my prayers. I’ve dealt with it personally, within my family, and within my profession, tragically unfortunately, too many tines. The blessing in this is your aware of it and she is getting help. I’ve known too many people, myself included years ago, they buried depression and it didnt end well. Thank God for my wife, I’m a success story, your daughter will be too.
I appreciate that. We’re all grown ups here and sometimes we bicker but we have to remember this board is really about kids. It’s crushing to see a child go through that and even harder to hand her off and hope the professionals know what they’re doing because it’s way beyond my expertise. Better days are ahead for all I’m sure. Regards.

Good article in the Chicago Tribune about e-learning for students in CPS. Seems a lot of kids aren't tuning in for lessons. How will that affect them going forward as they move into adulthood? Maybe e-learning in Chicago isn't working for some!
Try teaching 30 1st grade CPS students everyday on Zoom. I give my wife credit but I could tell it was very discouraging and unproductive at times since I was down the hall and could hear everything. We did however save a ton in gas money.. Ok, I'll put my mask back on, heading out to see where our 6'7 O lineman is going to play football next year..maybe.

Last edited:
Try teaching 30 1st grade CPS students everyday on Zoom. I give my wife credit but I could tell it was very discouraging and unproductive at times since I was down the hall and could here everything. We did however save a ton in gas money.. Ok, I'll put my mask back on, heading out to see where our 6'7 O lineman is going to play football next year..maybe.
Good Luck on your visit, wherever that may be.

Reactions: RD_Watcher
At least Morris’ field has been updated. It will look amazing whenever they get to play

It just dawned on me that since the Illini have cancelled the non-cons, instead of watching the Illini & Redbirds Sept. 4 I can instead go watch the Panthers play the first game at the renovated Morris stadium...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nit92
Try teaching 30 1st grade CPS students everyday on Zoom. I give my wife credit but I could tell it was very discouraging and unproductive at times since I was down the hall and could hear everything. We did however save a ton in gas money.. Ok, I'll put my mask back on, heading out to see where our 6'7 O lineman is going to play football next year..maybe.
She drives from Batavia to Chicago to teach 1st graders? Hats off to the dedication.

It just dawned on me that since the Illini have cancelled the non-cons, instead of watching the Illini & Redbirds Sept. 4 I can instead go watch the Panthers play the first game at the renovated Morris stadium...

Work took me to the west the other day...took the side excursion to Redskin land. That is some really pretty carpet they installed in Morris.

Does Empire have that much carpet in stock, or did they have to special order it with the yard lines, numbers and red end zones...🤣🏈

My grandson plays for Morris. Thank you Morris Superintendent for being cautious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT