ADVERTISEMENT

More punishment for NC likely

sporthog9er

Jun 9, 2001

Sounds like more forfiets are coming. Atleast the AD is out. Well reassigned. If he is tenured they should throw him back in the classroom.

Reactions: missingwalter
The WV transfer was not the only one that was seemingly from a school right next door. There were similar transfers in the prior couple years. Wonder how that works with potential "transfers" still having their senior year to play this upcoming season. If the paperwork is not in order do they leave the school and go back to their old school? That would be interesting on various levels.

Curious, does this change all transfers to all schools in all sports? I find it very tough to believe that NC is the only school that has or has a shady situation with transfer students. Appreciate the IHSA for taking down a program when they break the rules, but I think there are many others that could suffer similar consequences.

Sounds like more forfiets are coming. Atleast the AD is out. Well reassigned. If he is tenured they should throw him back in the classroom.
I wonder how welcoming a department chair, fellow subject faculty and students in his classroom would be with a disgraced administrator in their midst?

Curious, does this change all transfers to all schools in all sports? I find it very tough to believe that NC is the only school that has or has a shady situation with transfer students. Appreciate the IHSA for taking down a program when they break the rules, but I think there are many others that could suffer similar consequences.
And how have they exactly taken down the program? Forfeits? Ok even if you won a state title and they "strip" it away....we all know who won that year anyways...I still don't see how IHSA can not penalize them with some sort of post-season ban. Just my two cents....

And how have they exactly taken down the program? Forfeits? Ok even if you won a state title and they "strip" it away....we all know who won that year anyways...I still don't see how IHSA can not penalize them with some sort of post-season ban. Just my two cents....
Think of all the "free-agents".

Reactions: EdgyTim
I get going after the ones that violate the rules but is this kind of an opening of a Pandora’s box? Taking away wins from last seasons does nothing. Agreed. Bans and all that, who does that harm the most?

I agree with you Edgy. It’s a problem but how do punish the people in charge without harming the kids? Should they slap fines on the individuals including the parents? You can’t tell me these people didn’t know what they were doing.

Reactions: Fioras
I agree with you Edgy. It’s a problem but how do punish the people in charge without harming the kids? Should they slap fines on the individuals including the parents? You can’t tell me these people didn’t know what they were doing.
I do not know exactly what kind of IHSA credentials/certifications are in place for athletic directors and coaches. But these could be suspended for a period of time along with a requirement to complete some form of remediation course online or otherwise followed by a probationary period?

My 2 cents. People in position to know, knew about this years ago. People on this board knew about this years ago, Its been brought up and flushed. Everyone closed their eyes to what was going on -why? Good teams - Nice coaches-nice articles-friendships? I don't know.

You can't blame the kids, I blame parents and people that knew and kept their head in the sand, and now people act shocked - please. The WV kid is getting a bad deal everyone is throwing him under the bus, not fair to him, this has been going on since 2015ish but yet he's the focus of all the articles.

Reactions: corey90
My 2 cents. People in position to know, knew about this years ago. People on this board knew about this years ago, Its been brought up and flushed. Everyone closed their eyes to what was going on -why? Good teams - Nice coaches-nice articles-friendships? I don't know.

You can't blame the kids, I blame parents and people that knew and kept their head in the sand, and now people act shocked - please. The WV kid is getting a bad deal everyone is throwing him under the bus, not fair to him, this has been going on since 2015ish but yet he's the focus of all the articles.

Agree,
Plenty of people knew what was going on and chose not to be involved. The parents, AD, and Coaches knew what they were doing and they all deserve to be handed a harsh punishment. It’s unfortunate that the kids are caught in the middle of all this crap. It amazes me that people in a position to teach kids are showing them how to cheat. Terrible!

Reactions: Fioras
And if the kids were aware they were cheating, we just shrug shoulders and say oh well, we can't punish them? Can't assume kids weren't aware and knew it was wrong. And can't assume they were aware either. But if they were, I don't get the stance of not punishing kids. No accountability then.

And if the kids were aware they were cheating, we just shrug shoulders and say oh well, we can't punish them? Can't assume kids weren't aware and knew it was wrong. And can't assume they were aware either. But if they were, I don't get the stance of not punishing kids. No accountability then.

Even if the kids knew what could they do about it? I mean quit the team? The particular player or players definitely knew they were putting the rest of the team at risk. Ultimately it’s the adults who need to be taught a lesson. Staff and parents of the offending players. You can’t blame all the kids on the team just because they knew. They can’t do anything about it without having repercussions from school staff and coaches who clearly were at fault.

Taking away the playoffs only hurts the kids on the team this fall who did nothing wrong. Suspending the coaches is a thought, but it also hurts the kids in that they lose the continuity. But the coaches who were a part of this have to bite the bullet on this one. Administrators who went along with this should give up their positions and return to the classroom. Drop at least one pay grade.

But if you really want to put a stop to this, charge parents who did not actually move in to the other schools boundaries out of district tuition. 15K a year or so should nip this in the bud.

Taking away the playoffs only hurts the kids on the team this fall who did nothing wrong. Suspending the coaches is a thought, but it also hurts the kids in that they lose the continuity. But the coaches who were a part of this have to bite the bullet on this one. Administrators who went along with this should give up their positions and return to the classroom. Drop at least one pay grade.

But if you really want to put a stop to this, charge parents who did not actually move in to the other schools boundaries out of district tuition. 15K a year or so should nip this in the bud.

I like what your saying unfortunately I doubt they have the balls to carry it out. Something needs to be done other than hurting the kids the next few years who had nothing to do with the cheating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT