ADVERTISEMENT

MC vs. Naz

I wonder how many more titles MC would have won if Lenti had embraced the new fangled forward pass back in the 90s. Can you imagine wasting a talent like McNabb running the veer?

I am not a fan of it whatsoever. It makes sense if you have subpar athletes and try to grind out a win against a better team. But with them they've always had the skill guys to run spread and run it effectively. The veer is dead and gone. Hell, even Georgia tech no longer runs it lol.

What facts are you referring to? In the playoff era of the IHSA, JC and MC have played each other pretty evenly. Your assertion that the mighty caravan have "bodied" Joliet Catholic every time they play is pure nonsense.
I wonder how many more titles MC would have won if Lenti had embraced the new fangled forward pass back in the 90s. Can you imagine wasting a talent like McNabb running the veer?
FACTS!!

I see a lot of posts too about MC's staff and their state championships experience. Racki's been at state the past 5 of 6 years, and won another 5 at Driscoll. Not too shabby for a guy whos 30+ years younger than Lenti

Busy times I’m sure...you need to jump back in though with both feet. Please don’t forget to pay homage to the great Mt Carmel before you start each post though, otherwise the grumpy old man @MC63 will bring up something about dirt roads and when Kennedy was a boy.

Life’s been good. Fell off on the posts for a while but glad to be back!

I see a lot of posts too about MC's staff and their state championships experience. Racki's been at state the past 5 of 6 years, and won another 5 at Driscoll. Not too shabby for a guy whos 30+ years younger than Lenti
no one cares about state rings in 4A

With the amount of talent each team has back, I have an good feeling we’ll be talking about this game again next year.

MC returns
QB- Justin Lynch
RB- Kenenna Odeluga
WR- Jaali Parker, Jack Butcher, Kyheim Schoolar
OL- Gabe Krahn, Sean Brady, Eddie Palamado and Mike Dorbritch (injured for year week 6)

Defense
DL- Austin Ramirez
LB- Austin Haygood, Tom Egan
DB- Ben Perry, Sam DeValle, JT Harris
K/P- Julian Patino.

Sophomore went 7-1-1, Freshman 9-0, so good talent coming up.

I know Naz has McCarthy, Morris and Keeler that I know of and that’s enough to predict a rematch.

Assuming all stay put in the era of “Lets transfer our senior year!”

Last edited:
With the amount of talent each team has back next year, I have an good feeling we’ll be talking about this game again next year.

MC returns
QB- Justin Lynch
RB- Kenenna Odeluga
WR- Jaali Parker, Jack Butcher, Kyheim Schoolar
OL- Gabe Krahn, Sean Brady, Eddie Palamado and Mike Dorbritch (injured for year week 6)

Defense
DL- Austin Ramirez
LB- Austin Haygood, Tom Egan
DB- Ben Perry, Sam DeValle, JT Harris
K/P- Julian Patino.

Sophomore went 7-1-1, Freshman 9-0, so good talent coming up.

I know Naz has McCarthy, Morris and Keeler that I know of and that’s enough to predict a rematch.

Assuming all stay put in the era of “Lets transfer our senior year!”
Naz returns 8 or 9 on offense. only 3 or 4 on defense.

@chitownrichie92

You’re a Carmel fan, I assume your an alum, act like one. No juvenile threats on this board. It will get you launched. Act like a Man of Carmel. Ways to be confident without acting foolish.

To others taking this to personal levels...both teams are great...we got the trophy cases to prove it. Both of our Coaching Staffs are tops in the State. Let’s these young man battle it out on Saturday...someone is going to lose the game and it won’t be because of what anyone here “told you so” or “Overrated” or because who played the harder schedule or the new one “Fake News”...the winner will be whoever plays better, makes the least mistakes, and catches that lucky break. Have a good Thanksgiving and let’s enjoy some football. To what Coach Dave takes them out with, COURAGE, PRIDE AND SELF ESTEEM! OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL, PRAY FOR US!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT