ADVERTISEMENT

LWE Talk

Yep. #1 son was on that team. That was a great team to start a program with

That’s right LWeastDad
Your son set the stage for my older son to help East win their 1st State title back in 2005 him being a part of the best defensive line in the state that year.
Go East! Continue the tradition!

From Disabato

L-Way East has 307 yards of total offense in first half. Central with 28.

Every time he touches the ball Central fans chant “overrated”. Hilarious, Go Blue!

Wow another blowout and now to a crosstown rival. Impressive. Do we still have doubters who think East is not as good as last year? HF up next. If East does the same to HF are you going to be a
believer?
Go East!
I think next week will say a lot. I said last year that LWE had the best d-line I have ever seen in Illinois and while the board acknowledges the depth and skilled talent LWE has, they are a different team than last year. Everyone has them #1 in Illinois, just pump the breaks.

Wow another blowout and now to a crosstown rival. Impressive. Do we still have doubters who think East is not as good as last year? HF up next. If East does the same to HF are you going to be a
believer?
Go East!

Every single posted on this board has stated
I think next week will say a lot. I said last year that LWE had the best d-line I have ever seen in Illinois and while the board acknowledges the depth and skilled talent LWE has, they are a different team than last year. Everyone has them #1 in Illinois, just pump the breaks.
Right?

**Corey90**
Very confused at who your post is directed towards. Every single poster says they're are the best in the state. Are you talking to other LWE fans?

and what a great problem to have.....

"Our state championship team from last year isn't as good as the current team slaughtering every team by 40+."

In the end, the team, who gets a few breaks will be able to keep their foot on the gas and never hit the brakes.

Reactions: Gene K.
In the end, the team, who gets a few breaks will be able to keep their foot on the gas and never hit the brakes.

Their are a few posters saying East isn’t as good as last year. One poster came out and stated the defense line is not what it was last year. I am just wondering where they are getting their information because if you look at the stats so far and the way they are winning it doesn’t appear East has to worry about their defense plus the offense is getting better each week and having AJ back will only help. IHSA has HF #1? I am glad the game is finally here so this can be settled. Maybe HF is better? I don’t know but what I do know is East will not go down easy and will punch you in the mouth if they believe they are not respected.
Anyway I like our chances against HF even playing away.

Their are a few posters saying East isn’t as good as last year. One poster came out and stated the defense line is not what it was last year. I am just wondering where they are getting their information because if you look at the stats so far and the way they are winning it doesn’t appear East has to worry about their defense plus the offense is getting better each week and having AJ back will only help. IHSA has HF #1? I am glad the game is finally here so this can be settled. Maybe HF is better? I don’t know but what I do know is East will not go down easy and will punch you in the mouth if they believe they are not respected.

By the way that East allowed LWC 89 yards total offense.

By the way that East allowed LWC 89 yards total offense.
Settle down buddy, I just said how great the d line was last year because I saw them play. A fact that I stated was it is a new group. Maybe all 4 d line men this year are first team all state and future college football all Americans. HF is number 1 based on playoff points, no voting. It is with my deepest condolences that you feel that LWE hasn’t received the respect you believe they deserve on this board...

Lol
Come on CaravanMan. Don’t start that crap!
Likewise. It's week 5 I've had it with "LWE talk" on this board. Clearly, they're a great team, defending champs and primed to make another great run. In fact, I do have them winning it all again this year, regardless of what happens this week. You get too worked up over any perceived negativity towards them. Let it go man.

Settle down buddy, I just said how great the d line was last year because I saw them play. A fact that I stated was it is a new group. Maybe all 4 d line men this year are first team all state and future college football all Americans. HF is number 1 based on playoff points, no voting. It is with my deepest condolences that you feel that LWE hasn’t received the respect you believe they deserve on this board...

Mateesen NP
I don’t have the advantage you guys have because I moved to Ohio years ago but still enjoy the Edgy site and posters. I am looking from a far so I try to get as much info as possible from this site. Not easy because not a lot of posts about East. Some guys may take me the wrong way but I am just enjoy HS football and like Illinois football in general.

Reactions: Gene K.
Likewise. It's week 5 I've had it with "LWE talk" on this board. Clearly, they're a great team, defending champs and primed to make another great run. In fact, I do have them winning it all again this year, regardless of what happens this week. You get too worked up over any perceived negativity towards them. Let it go man.
Can you imagine if they aren’t number 1 in the DSR...

Sorry CaravanMan
I am not meaning to disrespect you or any others. You have to admit other than a few posters no one talks about East. I realize this site is flooded with Private posters always as been. I will was ease up a bit. I will say for East post I can point to 15 private school posts. I will back it down a bit. At the say time don’t read my posts if you don’t want to. I really want other East fans to read and post not trying to offend private posters.

Sorry CaravanMan
I am not meaning to disrespect you or any others. You have to admit other than a few posters no one talks about East. I realize this site is flooded with Private posters always as been. I will was ease up a bit. I will say for East post I can point to 15 private school posts. I will back it down a bit. At the say time don’t read my posts if you don’t want to. I really want other East fans to read and post not trying to offend private posters.
I don't feel any disrespect but your passive-aggressive attitude has become a little much these days. No one talks about my team on this board but somehow I continue push through it. I guess I fail to see why you get so upset that no one talks about your team. Clearly, it's very personal for you. Different strokes for different folks...

Off topic a tad but the LWC students faithfully chanting “I believe that we will win”after completing a long pass mid Q3 was awesome, but the best of the night was “SAT scores” which they cheered earlier. The academic crown has moved to Central.. just not the travelling Dave McKay trophy for this rivalry game in District 210. You have to love HS football for the students energy. Also worth noting was the LWE announcers pre-game intro for the “new” player for the Griffins which was done in poor taste and sportsmanship.

Last edited:

East is having a great year, and it is a solid program. The way the 8A landscape looks right now (again after Week 5) the Griffins look like the favorite to repeat. A lot of things can happen between now and Thanksgiving weekend. Injuries could derail this team. Other teams not playing up to normal expectations (see Loyola) can retool and become a beast again. And there are the playoffs. I go back to last year's game against St. Charles East on a muddy track. A bad decision to go for it on 4th and 1 deep in its own territory gave East new life, and then SCE kicked off to AJ and he ran it back to put the Griffins in position to win that game. It was a narrow escape enroute to the title. If the IHSA awarded state titles through five weeks, LWE wins hands down, but there is a lot of football left to play. I hope they win. I have two kids at the school, and they enjoy the atmosphere that surrounds the program, but strange things can and do happen, even to the best teams.

Caravan man, you have a whole board talking about the Catholic league, give us one thread that you really don’t have to look at.

Lol
Come on CaravanMan. Don’t start that crap!
Nobody is forcing you to view out thread. If you don’t like it, don’t look. Go Blue!

Reactions: BornNRazed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT