ADVERTISEMENT

LWE Talk

corey90

Aug 27, 2005
Crown Point, IN
I am amazed year over year that the #1 ranked team in the state gets no love on this site. Are their no LWE fans here? 3-0 and basically crickets.

I am amazed year over year that the #1 ranked team in the state gets no love on this site. Are their no LWE fans here? 3-0 and basically crickets.
Huge Griffin fan here - I love the Frankfort LWE experience - I was at their first 2 games and they look as good as ever!

Good to hear a fellow Griffin fan and that I am not the lone fan on here. Make some noise East fans.
Go East.
Griffins are the real deal! Team is loaded. As PC fan it’s hard to cheer and praise a team that routinely has stud players that could be wearing green and white about 8 miles west of LaGrange Road!

All the LWE fans that were regular are no longer regular. I haven't seen LWE yet this year so I can't really comment. I just want The Brook to rest all starters in week 9 after what happened last year and in 2012.

All the LWE fans that were regular are no longer regular. I haven't seen LWE yet this year so I can't really comment. I just want The Brook to rest all starters in week 9 after what happened last year and in 2012.

Bones you never change. Sand bagger.
The Brook always brings their “A” game for East. I would expect nothing less. What about the new East fans? Where’s all those parent? From what I hear they still fill there stands for all home games.

Everyone knows they are loaded and are well coached.

Reactions: Bowie50
Corey, a lot of the old LWE fans were driven out by posters during the public vs private discussions years ago. That is when this board became more of a private school board.. There are a couple of us still around but East football is 11 years in the rear view mirror for me. Even though I try to read about them and occasionally go to a game I'm not privy to the inner workings. There is no one that seems to want to pick up the mantle.

I just stick around to give Bones some grief from time to time...:cool:

I read the boards and this is my first post in a few years. East is good...even very good this year. I have been to all 3 games. The QB has as good an armas there is in the state. If he calms down, he might become great. O-Line is the best I have seen in 15 years. Linebackers are bit small. D-line good as always. Weakness? If there is one, the secondary... I could see a rematch between Loyola and East... But Brook might be the team to beat.

Reactions: BEAST2018
Corey, a lot of the old LWE fans were driven out by posters during the public vs private discussions years ago. That is when this board became more of a private school board.. There are a couple of us still around but East football is 11 years in the rear view mirror for me. Even though I try to read about them and occasionally go to a game I'm not privy to the inner workings. There is no one that seems to want to pick up the mantle.

I just stick around to give Bones some grief from time to time...:cool:
Lol
Yeah that’s the same with me. I figure that some new parents might jump on here. East is a premier football powerhouse every year but you hardly hear anything about them. Heck I can’t even get a score on Edgy freeboard. LWE is one of the best programs and teams in the state every year. It amazes me in a state where we don’t get recognition for football compared to other states.
The people on this board that obviously love Illinois high school football don’t even talk about their defending 8A state champion and #1 ranked team.
East finished nationally racked in the USA Today #14 last year yet you hear crickets.
LWeastDad you may have a point about people on this board being only interested in the private schools. You have to ask yourself do they really love HS football or do they just love their high school? Interesting.

Lol
Yeah that’s the same with me. I figure that some new parents might jump on here. East is a premier football powerhouse every year but you hardly hear anything about them. Heck I can’t even get a score on Edgy freeboard. LWE is one of the best programs and teams in the state every year. It amazes me in a state where we don’t get recognition for football compared to other states.
The people on this board that obviously love Illinois high school football don’t even talk about their defending 8A state champion and #1 ranked team.
East finished nationally racked in the USA Today #14 last year yet you hear crickets.
LWeastDad you may have a point about people on this board being only interested in the private schools. You have to ask yourself do they really love HS football or do they just love their high school? Interesting.
Corey and LWeastdad....too many feelings get hurt when discussing the old vs new boundaries of LWE. I spoke my mind two years ago and just let the butt hurt folks have the podium...after all the olde LWN is the new majority. It is amazing the job Coach Zvonar and his staff did in two years melding this group...here you go...of 6A majority players to the level they are now. I know...no difference between the two levels..yawn. Not worth the weekly banter and fun we had of the mid 2000’s to be honest. Still attend all the games possible and the tradition your sons started is in good hands. Now, once the Consolidated SH161 school opens with Taco Bell sponsorship who knows.

Corey always has good stuff over the years but I just never understand these type of posts, “Why doesn’t program X get talked about?”. Just post about it.

I never cared about 3A/4A football south of 80 but wilmatucky posts good stuff, other good posters post good stuff, and now I’m even interested in coal city and Wilmington etc results.

I never heard of sterling before but they won the board last year with the state playoff post that had around 200 comments and 10k views

Playboy, tez, cru 90 keeps us in the loop on the Lou.

Just post something interesting and the good HS football fans on this board will take it from there.

Or take the easy way out and just complain about the private schools..

Last edited:
JCrewz posts from time to time on LWE - more so in 2016 and 2017.

Everyone knows they are the bar to reach in the state in terms of level of play, depth, etc etc.

I think when there are potentially good matchups (naperville central, HF, Brook, etc) is when there is a lot more discussion. On normal weeks we just assume they will win handily.

I read the boards and this is my first post in a few years. East is good...even very good this year. I have been to all 3 games. The QB has as good an armas there is in the state. If he calms down, he might become great. O-Line is the best I have seen in 15 years. Linebackers are bit small. D-line good as always. Weakness? If there is one, the secondary... I could see a rematch between Loyola and East... But Brook might be the team to beat.
What's with all the sandbags?

LWE is one of the best programs and teams in the state every year. It amazes me in a state where we don’t get recognition for football compared to other states.
The people on this board that obviously love Illinois high school football don’t even talk about their defending 8A state champion and #1 ranked team..

Frankly I think Coach Z prefers it that way.

You can tell what the board is interested in by looking at the number of views for each post...

Reactions: RockSoup
Is Henning out with the same injury he sat all of track season with?

Corey always has good stuff over the years but I just never understand these type of posts, “Why doesn’t program X get talked about?”. Just post about it.

I never cared about 3A/4A football south of 80 but wilmatucky posts good stuff, other good posters post good stuff, and now I’m even interested in coal city and Wilmington etc results.

I never heard of sterling before but they won the board last year with the state playoff post that had around 200 comments and 10k views

Playboy, tez, cru 90 keeps us in the loop on the Lou.

Just post something interesting and the good HS football fans on this board will take it from there.

Or take the easy way out and just complain about the private schools..

Rock
The subject was LWE talk. If you don’t like the post don’t read it. I would just like to hear more from East fans.

I'm more of 210 in general poster, have had family go through all the schools. Agree with you tjoith Corey, should more talk on here of east. But you need the fans stepping up to post.

And eastdad let's please reconvene once that consolidation plan gets going...can't wait to see the trainwreck that will be. My prediction is that it never gets past the state superintendent part. But part of me wants to see how decisively it gets voted down district wide.

Thought I’d move this to the top.to stimulate more discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
Take it easy on those Eagles. When they walk up they're gonna LOOK like the #1 team, but once the kick is in the air...

Will AJ Henning play against CS? He did not dress against Andrew. I might skip the East-Sandburg game and head to Bolingbrook to see them play HF.

Coach Z in the newspaper said 1 to 2 weeks. So it unknown

Loaded offense and always a terrifying defense, plus depth galore. Best team in the state.

Reactions: jcrewx7
Coach Z in the newspaper said 1 to 2 weeks. So it unknown
He said that after Week 1 too. I am worried for the kid as a lot of colleges might be wondering what is going on. East can win without him, but this kid is special...possibly the most special talent in the history of the school.

I wish him God's speed.

He said that after Week 1 too. I am worried for the kid as a lot of colleges might be wondering what is going on. East can win without him, but this kid is special...possibly the most special talent in the history of the school.
I wish him God's speed.
Pirkle.

Reactions: MS4EVER
Loaded offense and always a terrifying defense, plus depth galore. Best team in the state.
Be reminded of high frequency of kick-offs into the end zone producing that dreaded "long field" for opposing offenses.

Is Lincoln Way East the only school in IHSA that has legit depth?

Best Team, Top Tier Coach. Will Crush every team till Semi's.

(Probably beat HF by 2-3TD's when RB returns in Reg season)

Could win state without their top RB / Player.

Nothing but respect for their program and the way they operate.

Definitely wish they were 2 separate schools to spread the talent to give rest of the state a shot this year.

How many kids are on the Varsity Roster?

Reactions: Gene K.
Q: "How many kids are on the LWE Varsity Roster?"
A: Ninety-eight players listed on the game roster distributed at Game 2 hosting Naperville Central.

Anyone know why Corbet is not playing at all? I was impressed with him last year. I see him warming up.

ADVERTISEMENT