ADVERTISEMENT

LWE Talk

I am amazed year over year that the #1 ranked team in the state gets no love on this site. Are their no LWE fans here? 3-0 and basically crickets.
Corey and Edgy
Thank you for giving us the platform to show love for our beloved Griffins. Go Blue!

Edgy, See this is what happens on this board. The LWE fans on the board heave one place to go to talk about East football and we have a Catholic league supporter come in and try to troll people.

This is why this has become a Catholic league board because obviously to them the Catholic league is the only one worth talking about.

They’ve chased away most of the SWSB supporters with tactics as you see above.

Caravanman, please stick to MC posts. We don’t go into your posts and cause trouble. Stay the hell out of ours.

Edgy, See this is what happens on this board. The LWE fans on the board heave one place to go to talk about East football and we have a Catholic league supporter come in and try to troll people.

This is why this has become a Catholic league board because obviously to them the Catholic league is the only one worth talking about.

Caravanman, please stick to MC posts. We don’t go into your posts and cause trouble. Stay the hell out of ours.
I've said countless times in the past, no affiliation with MC. Poor choice of screen name picking ten years ago.

The floors is yours again to go back to crying.

Hey everyone! LQQK at me!!!

CaravanMan
Your acting jelious. I agree with the other few East posters here. Don’t read if you don’t like. It’s laughable you say I am in to my team. Give me a break everyone on this site is into their team you included. You talk about calling the kettle black. Your so into your team you use it in your site name. “CaravanMan”Lol your just being crabby.

I've said countless times in the past, no affiliation with MC. Poor choice of screen name picking ten years ago.

Lol
Than your a band wagon fan? That’s the worst kind of fan. I don’t buy you made a poor choice years ago. You have some sort affiliation no one picks a any old school name. That’s a crap excuse .

What team do you support?

I said that there dline is not as good as last year. I don’t care if their stats are better this year. That line was special. Like 2005 LWE special. Congrats to you guys on another terrific start to the year.

CaravanMan
Your acting jelious. I agree with the other few East posters here. Don’t read if you don’t like. It’s laughable you say I am in to my team. Give me a break everyone on this site is into their team you included. You talk about calling the kettle black. Your so into your team you use it in your site name. “CaravanMan”Lol your just being crabby.
I'm jealous yet you create a thread complaining of no love. And the passive aggressiveness...

I said that there dline is not as good as last year. I don’t care if their stats are better this year. That line was special. Like 2005 LWE special. Congrats to you guys on another terrific start to the year.

Thanks MS
I value your opinion because you know football. I get what your saying.

Reactions: MS4EVER
FYI MS, we have another Hacha on the DLine!! His little brother plays and is also #97.

Reactions: MS4EVER

Yes it was special. But the overall defense may be better and the offense is much better

Yes it was special. But the overall defense may be better and the offense is much better

Hey guys your the experts since you get to watch both teams in person.
This Friday game @ HF what are the keys to winning.

What does East need to do to win the game?
What does HF need to do to win?

What are the key match ups. Strengths & weakness es. Do special teams come into play?

We all are expecting a good game who pulls out the win and why?

Let’s have it East/HF fans. Let’s hear what you have to say. I won’t bash you. I promise. Private fans you can chime in if you want to discuss football just please don’t high jack the post with being off topic.
Thanks
Go Griffin’s!

Hey guys your the experts since you get to watch both teams in person.
This Friday game @ HF what are the keys to winning.

What does East need to do to win the game?
What does HF need to do to win?

What are the key match ups. Strengths & weakness es. Do special teams come into play?

We all are expecting a good game who pulls out the win and why?

Let’s have it East/HF fans. Let’s hear what you have to say. I won’t bash you. I promise. Private fans you can chime in if you want to discuss football just please don’t high jack the post with being off topic.
Thanks
Go Griffin’s!
One word. Discipline.

Reactions: Gene K.
I think there also might be be less SWSC posters now due to the fact that there are several teams who were traditionally very strong programs who have been struggling for the past several years.

I was truly surprised at the running clock against HF...I guess like everyone else. Balz has a cannon and he could become great if he does not pick out his receiver at the snap. I could be wrong, but it does not appear he is reading where he should throw, but locking on a receiver. An observation and not a criticism.

Also, HF (and LWC) was so concerned with Henning that the rest of the field is open. Really having fun watching East roll.

Reactions: jcrewx7
IMO, as it stands right now, LWE is the most prohibitive favorite in 8A, since the expansion to 8 classes in IL.

When year did Illinois go to 8 classes. The 2005 team was ranked #1 from start to finish. In 2004 they made it to the Semifinals and were the preseason favorite in 2005.

Last edited:
IMO, as it stands right now, LWE is the most prohibitive favorite in 8A, since the expansion to 8 classes in IL.
Agreed. We need a good old fashion Ice Bowl. That's usually a good equalizer...

So where does this team stack up nationally? Anyone seen enough oos opponents to weigh in?

So where does this team stack up nationally? Anyone seen enough oos opponents to weigh in?

Don't know. the USA Regional Rankings are the only thing I found. Usually the Midwest is never ranked very high so being #5 in the Midwest probably won't get you nationally ranked.

Don't know. the USA Regional Rankings are the only thing I found. Usually the Midwest is never ranked very high so being #5 in the Midwest probably won't get you nationally ranked.

For what it’s worth
I believe last years team finished #14 in the country in the USA Today
2005 LWE finished #9 in the USA Today.

Corey you know these polls start out with illinois teams pretty low then go up when their favorites lose an illinois wins

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT