ADVERTISEMENT

LWE Talk

This team is for real! Williams is crazy good and can carry any team in the state! Sophomores are very good and Freshman teams both A and B are on the top of the heap!

According to articles in the Southtown, he had hip surgery in the off season that also prevented him from running track. So I’m assuming that they are being carful with his return.

According to articles in the Southtown, he had hip surgery in the off season that also prevented him from running track. So I’m assuming that they are being carful with his return.
If you were at the Sandburg game sporthog9er there is no panic on A.J. Maybe if you are LWCentral and game planning...but he is ready. We all need to keep in focus he is a Junior and there is already plenty of game film out there for college coaches. Looking forward to #3 in action again with LWE.

Reactions: Dual-triple_threat
If you were at the Sandburg game sporthog9er there is no panic on A.J. Maybe if you are LWCentral and game planning...but he is ready. We all need to keep in focus he is a Junior and there is already plenty of game film out there for college coaches. Looking forward to #3 in action again with LWE.
What has me confused about this is that he dressed for the Naperville Central one or two games and then was in street clothes the others. Why suit him up? Did he reinjure himself in practice? Anyway, I absolutely agree that caution is the most wise course for him. Kudos to family and coaches for caring.

Agree they are keeping his best interests in mind, but I also believe there is more to this then they are letting on. Hope to see him soon.

Could Brother Rice and Marist combine schools/rosters for the playoffs to present a challenge to LWE?

From the Southtown:
“A.J. is ready,” Zvonar said. “He practiced all week and he’s ready to go. We’re just being extremely overcautious, probably. The doctors, his parents and the coaches made the decision in his best interests.

Reactions: Bwm57
From the Southtown:
“A.J. is ready,” Zvonar said. “He practiced all week and he’s ready to go. We’re just being extremely overcautious, probably. The doctors, his parents and the coaches made the decision in his best interests.
Correct LWeastDad...and he has not dressed for any game this year as of yet videosurfer.

Last edited:
Could Brother Rice and Marist combine schools/rosters for the playoffs to present a challenge to LWE?

Sure if you allow us to combine East Central and West.

--edit Sorry just saw that JCrewx7 just posted this in a different thread....

Can’t wait to see how the team does once he’s back. You talk about a weapon.
Cory, you know Z. He'll get to 40 then put the reserves in. The only difference in the score is how fast they get to 40.

Good morning all. If you plan on coming to the game this week, get your tickets early. I’m sure it will be sold out by Thursday if not sooner. Go Blue!!

Nice dig Queen! I’m thinking of proposing to the archdiocese a consolidation of PC and JCA so we can create yet another south side combined powerhouse football program. We too will play around with the borders to benefit ourselves (nice move Z-man!) All joking aside in truly respect (jealous too LOL) of what LWE is accomplishing. Great school, great kids, great coaches. Man would some of those kids look good in green!!

Reactions: Gene K. and Queen4
Nice dig Queen! I’m thinking of proposing to the archdiocese a consolidation of PC and JCA so we can create yet another south side combined powerhouse football program. We too will play around with the borders to benefit ourselves (nice move Z-man!) All joking aside in truly respect (jealous too LOL) of what LWE is accomplishing. Great school, great kids, great coaches. Man would some of those kids look good in green!!

I was simply stating a year in and year out a top 5, 8a school combined with a top tier 6a school to form a team that now plays maybe 2-3 competitive games a year.

(Their best playmaker comes back healthy, I predict they win EVERY game this year by 14+)

No hating. Agree 100% with MCGradPCDad

"All joking aside in truly respect (jealous too LOL) of what LWE is accomplishing. Great school, great kids, great coaches."

I'm wrong for hypothetically combining 2 8a schools (BR typically 8a). Was doing so more for logistics. I'll take Brother Rice (7a) and Notre Dame (6a) to compete against Lincoln Way BEAST...

To be honest I still think LWE comes out on top.

Last edited:
After 17 years of never missing the playoffs and two state championships, is it time to start talking about Rob Zvonar at the same level as Lenti, Senffner,, Korhonen and the like?

Reactions: Gene K.
After 17 years of never missing the playoffs and two state championships, is it time to start talking about Rob Zvonar at the same level as Lenti, Senffner,, Korhonen and the like?

I have a feeling in 10 years you won't have to ask. That 2 will 3 to 4x.

I’ll second that motion.

Agree however it’s all about the hardware. Z needs a few more championship trophies.

As long as you include Inserra in that conversation I'm okay with it. They have both been head coaches for the same time.

Inserra-186-28 4 Championships, 3 Runner-up

Zvonar-165-38 2 Championships, 1 Runner-up

As long as you include Inserra in that conversation I'm okay with it. They have both been head coaches for the same time.

Inserra-186-28 4 Championships, 3 Runner-up

Zvonar-165-38 2 Championships, 1 Runner-up
I’m good with that. Can you get the stats from the others mentioned? I currently do not have those capabilities.

I’m good with that. Can you get the stats from the others mentioned? I currently do not have those capabilities.

Gary Korhonen 36 years 306-91 2 Championships, 1 Runner-up

Frank Lenti 34 years 374-77 11 Championships, 5 Runner-up

Matt Senffner 38 years 300-114 9 Championships, 2 Runner-up

Reactions: Gene K. and jcrewx7
Wow, very impressive!
As far as winning percentages Z and Inserra are right there. Let’s not forget that LWE has never missed making the playoffs.

Wow, very impressive!
As far as winning percentages Z and Inserra are right there. Let’s not forget that LWE has never missed making the playoffs.
I see this trend continuing as long as the youth programs in New Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena stay strong

All these schools are very impressive. LWE, 17 years of never missing the playoffs since it opened. Are their any other schools that can make that claim?
Also to note the Griffins first season was without a senior class....opened as a Frosh, Soph, Junior campus as LW East. Add on the fact that with the split with LWC every all conference player at LWC started at LWE from last year. Need to spread the praise to all of the lower level coaches for all of these men mentioned. Gary Korhonen has my nod for overall educator, mentor and coach.

Reactions: MS4EVER
Wow, very impressive!

Show off!;)!

I’m still having nightmares from the second round beat down you guys gave us in 2016. Something like 33-13 and it wasn’t even that close. I don’t think WV has ever been running clocked since I have been watching them and that game was the closest we have ever come to that humiliation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT