ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Lynch Barstool Interview

Eddie has been a big fan and supporter of high school football he's reached out to me a few times with some nice things to say.....can't get enough of that type of support in the media.
Edgy,

As you know I’ve lived a few places around the country, and all have been hotbeds for high school football. Without a doubt in my mind, you sir, have the BEST high school coverage bar none in this country. There is a reason I continue to come back here and enjoy time interacting with you and the community. From my family to yours, have a very happy holiday season and a fantastic new year!

I wish the school did have a Frank Lenti Appreciation Day. It has probably been proposed to him, but he may be a little bitter yet.

Jordan said more than once that he has to put his family first, meaning that he would be open to an overture. Of all the many colleges in need of a coaching change, it's hard to believe that one of them wouldn't make him an offer, possibly doubling his salary. I'd hate to see him go, but he's right about his priorities.

Reactions: Gene K. and kkhawk
Edgy,

As you know I’ve lived a few places around the country, and all have been hotbeds for high school football. Without a doubt in my mind, you sir, have the BEST high school coverage bar none in this country. There is a reason I continue to come back here and enjoy time interacting with you and the community. From my family to yours, have a very happy holiday season and a fantastic new year!

Right back at you, jwarigaku. Your comments are always civil and informed.

I wish the school did have a Frank Lenti Appreciation Day. It has probably been proposed to him, but he may be a little bitter yet.

Jordan said more than once that he has to put his family first, meaning that he would be open to an overture. Of all the many colleges in need of a coaching change, it's hard to believe that one of them wouldn't make him an offer, possibly doubling his salary. I'd hate to see him go, but he's right about his priorities.
Believe me, my brothers class and class and many others have tried, Coach Frank is still angry. I don't know everything, but he feels betrayed. There are captains of our teams from 1986 on, that feel he was screwed. Even with that, he is a legend and he needs to get over it. I love the man, I think it didn't go the right way, but also think Jordan was the best thing to happen on 64th & Dante since Coach Frank. My dad was friends and classmate with Coach Frank. If alive, my dad would beg Coach Frank to come back, but he can't.
Frank Lenti is an icon, always will be and saved the school, but instead of being angry, which he should be, it's time to come back to be honored, like he should be, before its too late like my father.
Frank, I love you, but don't let anger, take away what you deserve, LOVE FROM MC. Its about the kids and the school. Hope you're well and let us praise you for what you did!

Last edited:
Believe me, my brothers class and class and many others have tried, Coach Frank is still angry. I don't know everything, but he feels betrayed. There are captains of our teams from 1986 on, that feel he was screwed. Even with that, he is a legend and he needs to get over it. I love the man, I think it didn't go the right way, but also think Jordan was the best thing to happen on 64th & Dante since Coach Frank. My dad was friends and classmate with Coach Frank. If alive, my dad would beg Coach Frank to come back, but he can't.
Frank Lenti is an icon, always will be and saved the school, but instead of being angry, which he should be, it's time to come back to be honored, like he should be, before its too late like my father.
Frank, I love you, but don't let anger, take away what you deserve, LOVE FROM MC. Its about the kids and the school. Hope you're well and let us praise you for what you did!

We could fill Soldier Field with grads, former players, and the families of both who would stand up and cheer for one of the greatest in Mount Carmel history.

We could fill Soldier Field with grads, former players, and the families of both who would stand up and cheer for one of the greatest in Mount Carmel history.
Easy for you to say. You don’t live in the man’s shoes. He will do whatever he feels is right for him. He has earned that. He doesn’t owe anyone anything. He gave it his all.

• Wow
Reactions: MMA_Det
The Lynch move was the best thing MC ever did. Getting away from the veer? Can you imagine what could have been if Lenti understood the forward pass with McNabb? They would have been devastating. Instead he ran a generational QB.

With that said, I understand his impact on MC and HS football in Illinois, but he was caught in the 1950s with exceptional, loyal talent. Lynch can draw in players who might not have considered MC.

Eddie: "Do you like recruiting?"
Holecek: "I've never done it."
Ramblinman, curious:

What is the general geographic breakdown of LA's roster/student body?

I know they have pretty good pull on the N/NW side of Chicago. Are most of the rest of their students coming from Wilmette/Glenview and the surrounds?

I get the sense that the average LA student lives a good bit closer to campus than the average MC student. Obviously demographics and geography at play, just interested in your take.

Reactions: GoBlers
Great pick for MC - However he has four kids......and I agree you have to make your family the priority. Eventually options will come his way - for more dollars. Not always saying more dollars mean better - but I don't see him there for the next 20 years...maybe another 2 or 3 till he moves on.

Probably 55%-60% of the students are within a 6 or7-mile radius encompassing Glenview, Wilmette, Winnetka, Evanston, Northfield, Glencoe, and Northbrook, Skokie, Morton Grove, Lincolnwood, Niles, Deerfield, Highland Park, etc. Within that area, Glenview, Wilmette, Northfield and Winnetka (the closest suburbs to Loyola) probably account for roughly 70% of those kids. Other suburbs like Lake Forest, Lake Bluff, Park Ridge, Riverwoods, and Lincolnshire probably add another 8%-10%. The remainder are city kids, with most coming from northside neighborhoods like Rogers Park, Edgewater, Lake View, Uptown, Lincoln Park (all along the CTA Red/Purple Line that ends in Wilmette), and northwest side neighborhoods like Sauganash, Edgebrook, Wildwood, and Edison Park.

Reactions: GoBlers and HotBeer
Good interview. Wild that MC freshman football had gotten down to 40-something players when Jordan arrived, and he has that up to 70-something.

What an amazing transformation of the program....from MC asking to leave the blue and play in the green, to being one of (if not THE) most dominant programs in the state year after year.

Reactions: Silver Rain
It certainly is a great interview. I can see why a family would want to put their son in that environment.

Reactions: Silver Rain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT