ADVERTISEMENT

Did You Happen To See?

LTHSALUM76

Aug 27, 2014
Did anyone happen to catch all or part of the Toledo, Wyoming Arizona Bowl game this past Saturday? The broadcasting was unbelievable. I think it was beyond horrible but I must admit I laughed at some of the stuff because I felt like I was in a dive bar watching the game with these guys doing the broadcast. It was a Barstool broadcast. And in watching it I felt like those guys were on a barstool drinking the product for too long.

I was going to include a link to some of the comments about the broadcast and the announcers but the language is unfiltered. A guy on Toledo committed a very bad penalty and one of the announcers said, "what an idiot!!" This kind of thing was going on the whole time I watched. I only saw the 4th quarter. I was just channel surfing and ran into the game. But I didn't turn it off either.

For those of us who want a somewhat professional broadcast and commentary, this wasn't it. LOL! But, look it up and see what was said. The post game comments are crazy. AND, the announcers were reading the comments during the game and making their own comments about the messages. I had to keep asking myself if this was real or a joke.

Like they said on the broadcast, Create your own podcast/website/twitter account, become famous and rich, buy a bowl game and broadcast it however you want.

I will admit, I was called a boomer by my son a couple times watching it.

• Haha
Reactions: LTHSALUM76
For a bowl game like that it gave me a few laughs listening/watching as I was doing a house project. Wouldn't be my cup of tea for a BCS game/meaningful game.
The Barstool guys are extremely hit or miss with me.

You do know you can entertain and be professional too, don't you?
Unless you or someone you know went to Wyoming or Toledo, this isn’t exactly like they were ruining the integrity of the national championship game.
Plus, I would bet the vast majority of the players on those two teams thought it was great to be part of that Barstool game.

Reactions: Coachbell88
Unless you or someone you know went to Wyoming or Toledo, this isn’t exactly like they were ruining the integrity of the national championship game.
Plus, I would bet the vast majority of the players on those two teams thought it was great to be part of that Barstool game.
I am not saying it wasn't funny at times. I am just saying it wasn't professional. But I guess this is what should be expected when you have amateurs at the mic and the lowering of standards in almost every facet of things we see in this current climate.

Reactions: Gene K. and Quags57
I am not saying it wasn't funny at times. I am just saying it wasn't professional. But I guess this is what should be expected when you have amateurs at the mic and the lowering of standards in almost every facet of things we see in this current climate.
Pretty sure you and I are about the same age.
Not sure yelling at clouds all of the time gets you anything other than a sore throat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT