ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special...

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Semi-finals are here, who's going to upset who? I'm going to go way out on a limb this week, and making a very unusual upset pick. My upset for this week is..........The Catholic League. That's right , I'll take the Mustangs of St. Rita........The Roadrunners of Nazareth Academy....... The Caravan of Mt. Carmel........ The Redhawks of Marist....... and The Crusaders of Br. Rice. This is going to blow the mind of the IHSA !!!!!!! We're all going to state next weekend. Granted, Rita, MC and Naz are the favorites, but Rice and Marist sure as hell aren't. This is an all or nothing pick.
After it happens, I figure we'll start with a mass next Saturday morning in DeKalb (We'll have it in the parking lot of Tom and Jerry's, if it's still there) Then we'll watch the 5a game, take a short break, and return for the 7a and 8a games. Don't forget, God loves all of these teams more!!!!!!! (JK) That's my upset for this week. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

Semi-finals are here, who's going to upset who? I'm going to go way out on a limb this week, and making a very unusual upset pick. My upset for this week is..........The Catholic League. That's right , I'll take the Mustangs of St. Rita........The Roadrunners of Nazareth Academy....... The Caravan of Mt. Carmel........ The Redhawks of Marist....... and The Crusaders of Br. Rice. This is going to blow the mind of the IHSA !!!!!!! We're all going to state next weekend. Granted, Rita, MC and Naz are the favorites, but Rice and Marist sure as hell aren't. This is an all or nothing pick.
After it happens, I figure we'll start with a mass next Saturday morning in DeKalb (We'll have it in the parking lot of Tom and Jerry's, if it's still there) Then we'll watch the 5a game, take a short break, and return for the 7a and 8a games. Don't forget, God loves all of these teams more!!!!!!! (JK) That's my upset for this week. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?
I love it , play Ave Marie at halftime . See if the Pope can attend.

I think MC Naz & SR win but I'd bet the spread. Smart move is to take the air out of football. Marist and BR are clear under dogs, but I'd bet the spread on them. One year ago many LWE posters were predicting running clocks in all their games. One over zealous fan predicted a running clock by half time. We all know how that turned out. Odds of that happening again this year are slim. But Marist is playing their best ball of the season. BR is also the the underdog, playing their best football and it looks like they have most of their team in the right place. If I found 20 bucks on the street I'd bet the daily double on BR and Marist. What the hell it's someone else's money.

If that happens the southside of Chicago will be a puddle next Saturday. With games starting at 10AM and going until 10PM...lunch break and chores for 6A.

I think Rita coasts through 5A this week and next and MC v Naz will be a good one. I think 8A is just a meat grinder annually for teams like ND, Marist and Rice that don't get the football depth that Loyola does as a private. I think Warren and LWE will be a great game.

If that happens the southside of Chicago will be a puddle next Saturday. With games starting at 10AM and going until 10PM...lunch break and chores for 6A.

I think Rita coasts through 5A this week and next and MC v Naz will be a good one. I think 8A is just a meat grinder annually for teams like ND, Marist and Rice that don't get the football depth that Loyola does as a private. I think Warren and LWE will be a great game.
I may need to make an appearance.

It would mean alot if Rice could pull this win off. Would be so big for the program. It would also be huge for Warren as they don't get this far that often either. I'm looking to avoid a Marist Rice title game as someone in the middle of the rivalry from a personal standpoint. No one wants to see a Marist in the title game coming off wins against Loyola (2nd time in a month in Wilmette) AND over LWE. It would be a pretty cool scene in Dekalb though.

Tall order for Brother Rice against this Warren defense. Would not be surprised to see some creative play calling
It would mean alot if Rice could pull this win off. Would be so big for the program. It would also be huge for Warren as they don't get this far that often either. I'm looking to avoid a Marist Rice title game as someone in the middle of the rivalry from a personal standpoint. No one wants to see a Marist in the title game coming off wins against Loyola (2nd time in a month in Wilmette) AND over LWE. It would be a pretty cool scene in Dekalb though.
I think Rice is gonna need a lot of creativity and imagination on the offensive side to pull this off. With that being said.... I’m picking the Crusaders to pull off the upset.

Reactions: Oop-dee-oop_4
Last year I sat and read all these semi predictions and the only one everyone had in common and were certain about was MC was going to beat SCN easily. I bought in too! Well it’s been a loooong year thinking about that loss and here we are again....MC playing a hot team making a rare semi final appearance....they even got similar uniforms as SCN!!

I sit here again, feeling once again very confident in my chances and reading how all of you feel the same, except the 2 WB fans on this site. MC have played a stronger schedule and have a more complete team on all three phases, but will it happen again? ? Football Gods pick on another unanimous favorite this year....hover your cloud over Rolling Meadows or Marist and pick a new victim!! I can’t pick against MC but if one of you wants too feel free, I’ll feel better!
GO CARAVAN and best of luck to all!

Last year I sat and read all these semi predictions and the only one everyone had in common and were certain about was MC was going to beat SCN easily. I bought in too! Well it’s been a loooong year thinking about that loss and here we are again....MC playing a hot team making a rare semi final appearance....they even got similar uniforms as SCN!!

I sit here again, feeling once again very confident in my chances and reading how all of you feel the same, except the 2 WB fans on this site. MC have played a stronger schedule and have a more complete team on all three phases, but will it happen again? ? Football Gods pick on another unanimous favorite this year....hover your cloud over Rolling Meadows or Marist and pick a new victim!! I can’t pick against MC but if one of you wants too feel free, I’ll feel better!
GO CARAVAN and best of luck to all!

Willowbrook is scrappy, they will come to play. I'd say speed is similar to MC, with very good edge players and great QBs. Where the problem lies for Willowbrook is size. MC will give them problems upfront and I see that as the difference.

Tight game either way, but I say MC 24 WB 14.

I had Marist versus Warren in my Kings bracket but I'm getting caught up in the Southside Holy Spirit as well so I now predict Marist v Rice. The Northshore will cheer loudly for the Redhawks and Coach Holacek turned over his playbook to the Marist coaches on how to best the Beast.

MC v Naz no upsets there.

East St Louis will win but hit the over on total team penalties. 12 btw.

And the Mustangs will roll. Dekalb will turn into Southside west next weekend. We will all fake our allegiance to each other but there wont be any fighting on Saturday since we got that out of the way over Thanksgiving. the next two weekends are going to be great!

You are the man!

What a beautiful picture you paint Feeto! Might as well go out with a bang since they’re kicking us out anyway.

My only sure bet this weekend is MC v WwBrk will be completed in less than 2 hours and 20 minutes.

Based on all I am seeing on this board, picking LWE over Marist would be an upset...

This is feeto's upset thread. I don't think too many other than feeto think that Marist over LWE is going to happen. Just take a look at the King's Challenge and see how many people chose LWE to win it all.

I think MC Naz & SR win but I'd bet the spread. Smart move is to take the air out of football. Marist and BR are clear under dogs, but I'd bet the spread on them. One year ago many LWE posters were predicting running clocks in all their games. One over zealous fan predicted a running clock by half time. We all know how that turned out. Odds of that happening again this year are slim. But Marist is playing their best ball of the season. BR is also the the underdog, playing their best football and it looks like they have most of their team in the right place. If I found 20 bucks on the street I'd bet the daily double on BR and Marist. What the hell it's someone else's money.
I don’t really remember anyone predicting LWE with running clocks in all of their games last year.
Was that real or was it just one of the trolls trying to stir things up?

I've mixed feelings, I generally pull for the privates, but Warren vs.LWE looks like such a great match-up.

Reactions: Iamjaytee
This is feeto's upset thread. I don't think too many other than feeto think that Marist over LWE is going to happen. Just take a look at the King's Challenge and see how many people chose LWE to win it all.

then I guess those posters aren’t posting are they...

He loves to push the false narrative that LWE gets no respect from this Catholic League board.

^^this^^

And what really sucks about it is I love that program and have friendlies all over that area. I've sung their praises over the years as being a clean, hard hitting, fun team to watch and he just likes to complain. @LWeastDad is like the South Suburban @MC63.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wittymoniker1
Maybe he's talking about me. I've been saying I think Marist is playing exceptionally well (and at the perfect time). Would I bet Marist wins outright? No. But I think they can keep it interesting for a long time.

Maybe he's talking about me. I've been saying I think Marist is playing exceptionally well (and at the perfect time). Would I bet Marist wins outright? No. But I think they can keep it interesting for a long time.

I would be leery of any semifinal team in 5A and up right now, except when it comes to ESL. There is *potential* for upsets, and agreed, Marist is playing well. Gun to the head, I pick LWE in that one.

I don’t really remember anyone predicting LWE with running clocks in all of their games last year.
Was that real or was it just one of the trolls trying to stir things up?
either do I. LWE fans have always been very classy on here.

LWE fans have always been very classy on here.

The last year or two they have gone sideways. It’s too bad, great program, great coaches and they feel so disrespected on here, which is not accurate. Snowflakes.

The last year or two they have gone sideways. It’s too bad, great program, great coaches and they feel so disrespected on here, which is not accurate. Snowflakes.
12-0 year after year will do that. Still not as bad as the Loyola thread last week where Marist was dead meat. I also think most folks forget to read the heading. This is the the upset thread and not the thread to be upset on because my favorite isn’t getting enough respect. Shout out to Feeto.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT