ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special...

I feel the good energy around WB.

So I’m going all in, picking all the public schools - the opposite of feetos picks!

Take that! Bam!

Reactions: Gene K. and feeto
I feel the good energy around WB.

So I’m going all in, picking all the public schools - the opposite of feetos picks!

Take that! Bam!

Public’s better take advantage this year.

Every catholic team returns a high volume of contributors next season.

MC, Loyola, Marist, Rita will be better than ever next season. All return starting QB and RB. ( qb1b for Marist is very talented.)

BR started 9 underclassman on O and 5 on D last week.

Going to be a great weekend of games.

Reactions: Grepos
I don’t really remember anyone predicting LWE with running clocks in all of their games last year.
Was that real or was it just one of the trolls trying to stir things up?
Prediction for me is LWE 49 LA 7. I want it to be a close and entertaining game, but I don't see it happening. I hope LA players play their tails off and enjoy the game, but this may be a 1st half running clock one again.
I nominate your prediction as the worst one of 2018 so far!
I really hope it's a good game. When I predicted the 5 running clocks I had MS winning against LA. So here's to being wrong...
Has that ever happened before in 8A?
5 running clocks in all 5 post season games in 8A? I’m guessing that would be historic if it happened.
When was the last time a team got a running clock in a semi?

Haven't seen anyone in 8A going back to at least '06.
I hope no lwe fans would post that. If they lose it would be a tremendous loss and complete failure of a season to be honest . I predicted a running clock, as did others, because lwe probably should have bases on paper and prior results. Losing this game is a complete shock .
Their should be ZERO shade thrown to any LWE players or coaches. Amazing run from an elite program.

“CCL Blue champs”
“Best team EVER”
“Running clock on Loyola”

Their posse was strong and definitely rubbed many posters the wrong way. But this is a public forum and expected.

Glad those posters were humbled.

I have no doubt they will have another tremendous season next.

Here's a small sample. No running clock but LWE wins this year.

Last edited:
I would have hoped you make that pick. Good luck to your guys tomorrow.

Thank you Feeto! Love this thread every week. To all the MC fans, we hope you enjoy your visit to our home and the boys (and our girl kicker) treat us to a great game. Is there anything better than your team playing in late November?!? One more reminder that the WB boosters run golf cart shuttles for the elderly and those needing assistance as the walkway from the parking lot is lengthy. Just wait for them at the base of the walkway and flag them down, or ask anyone with a radio to call it in.

You’re right.
Although, only one of those posters was an LWE fan...
Aren't most posters here just stirring the pot?
I only remember because of my post:
"I nominate your prediction as the worst one of 2018 so far!"
You got a very good team again this year they win but no running clock, could be a trap game, but after last year I don't Marist is sneaking up on LWE. Love to see LWE/ESL in a final. LWE by a modest 17.

I would be leery of any semifinal team in 5A and up right now, except when it comes to ESL. There is *potential* for upsets, and agreed, Marist is playing well. Gun to the head, I pick LWE in that one.
Those who think East St. Louis is a lock have short memories. The talk seems very similar to what I was hearing last year about Lincoln-Way East. We know how that turned out.

Now, I'm not predicting a Chatham Glenwood victory. I figure they will lose by something like 48 - 27. Still, that is far short of the running clock many people seem to be predicting on other threads. Let's also remember some facts from this past regular season. East St. Louis beat Edwardsville by 22 points (no running clock). They beat Batavia by 14 (no running clock). And they beat Neuqua Valley by 2 (certainly no running clock there). None of those three teams are still alive in the playoffs.

Turning to Chatham Glenwood, they have not been held below 34 points all season. During the regular season their closest margin of victory was 24 points. You might say they play in a weak conference, but I will introduce a fact that probably few of you are aware of. Teams from the Central State Eight Conference have won more state championships in football over the last dozen years than teams (collectively) from any other conference in the state. [Disclaimer: admittedly most of those championships have been at the 4A level.] I am definitely not suggesting it is the best conference in the state. I don't even think it is in the top 10. But it is not a weak conference.

I think Glenwood matches up reasonably well with East St. Louis and should be able to keep the game within three touchdowns. That means they have about a 10% chance of pulling off the upset.

Central State Eight Conference have won more state championships in football over the last dozen years than teams (collectively) from any other conference in the state
Because of Rochester and SHG...That's like saying the Central Suburban South was a strong conference during Maine South's runs.

Those who think East St. Louis is a lock have short memories. The talk seems very similar to what I was hearing last year about Lincoln-Way East. We know how that turned out.

Now, I'm not predicting a Chatham Glenwood victory. I figure they will lose by something like 48 - 27. Still, that is far short of the running clock many people seem to be predicting on other threads. Let's also remember some facts from this past regular season. East St. Louis beat Edwardsville by 22 points (no running clock). They beat Batavia by 14 (no running clock). And they beat Neuqua Valley by 2 (certainly no running clock there). None of those three teams are still alive in the playoffs.

Turning to Chatham Glenwood, they have not been held below 34 points all season. During the regular season their closest margin of victory was 24 points. You might say they play in a weak conference, but I will introduce a fact that probably few of you are aware of. Teams from the Central State Eight Conference have won more state championships in football over the last dozen years than teams (collectively) from any other conference in the state. [Disclaimer: admittedly most of those championships have been at the 4A level.] I am definitely not suggesting it is the best conference in the state. I don't even think it is in the top 10. But it is not a weak conference.

I think Glenwood matches up reasonably well with East St. Louis and should be able to keep the game within three touchdowns. That means they have about a 10% chance of pulling off the upset.

Hey anything is possible.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
After it happens, I figure we'll start with a mass next Saturday morning in DeKalb (We'll have it in the parking lot of Tom and Jerry's, if it's still there) Then we'll watch the 5a game, take a short break, and return for the 7a and 8a games. Don't forget, God loves all of these teams more!!!!!!! (JK) That's my upset for this week. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

Tom & Jerry's is indeed still there :)

Stopped in soaking wet for a Gyros after the first three Huskie home games this year.

Last year I sat and read all these semi predictions and the only one everyone had in common and were certain about was MC was going to beat SCN easily. I bought in too! Well it’s been a loooong year thinking about that loss and here we are again....MC playing a hot team making a rare semi final appearance....they even got similar uniforms as SCN!!

I sit here again, feeling once again very confident in my chances and reading how all of you feel the same, except the 2 WB fans on this site. MC have played a stronger schedule and have a more complete team on all three phases, but will it happen again? ? Football Gods pick on another unanimous favorite this year....hover your cloud over Rolling Meadows or Marist and pick a new victim!! I can’t pick against MC but if one of you wants too feel free, I’ll feel better!
GO CARAVAN and best of luck to all!
You should be worried. MC has not played against a QB as good as Tumilty all year and the MC offense has not been impressive---the defense has won almost all of MC's games.

You should be worried. MC has not played against a QB as good as Tumilty all year and the MC offense has not been impressive---the defense has won almost all of MC's games.
Lynch has 30 touchdowns with about 2,500 yards of offense and Odeluga has about 1,000 yards rushing.....that's kinda of impressive right? Against teams like Maine South, Loyola, Br. Rice, Marist, Loyola, Glenbard North and Philips.....little bit impressive.

We certainly don’t take any team lightly as ESL fans and the boys on the field don’t either. We are hoping for a good one!

Reactions: Gene K.
Because of Rochester and SHG...That's like saying the Central Suburban South was a strong conference during Maine South's runs.
The point is they had to beat both Rochester and Sacred Heart - Griffen to win the conference championship this year. They did, by 30 and 24 points respectively. That is a worthy accomplishment suggesting they are a very good team.

There are 78 high school football conferences in Illinois. According to David Wilson's computer ratings, the Central State Eight Conference is the 14th best. David Wilson is a mathematician at the University of Wisconsin. His formula for rating conferences averages the team ratings for every team in the conference. Therefore it is a measure of conference strength from top to bottom.

There are 78 high school football conferences in Illinois. According to David Wilson's computer ratings, the Central State Eight Conference is the 14th best. David Wilson is a mathematician at the University of Wisconsin. His formula for rating conferences averages the team ratings for every team in the conference. Therefore it is a measure of conference strength from top to bottom.
I never said the Chat wasn't good, I was just saying the form of measurement has no bearing on it. That's an interesting thing for an academic to do a study on. Do you have a link? I think it would be interesting to look at.

I never said the Chat wasn't good, I was just saying the form of measurement has no bearing on it. That's an interesting thing for an academic to do a study on. Do you have a link? I think it would be interesting to look at.
The site is: illinoisfootballratings.com

For the current season you would click on "2019 Ratings". Then you would click on "by conference". The average conference rating is shown at the top-left next to each conference. The Central State Eight rating, for example, is 619.

The site is: illinoisfootballratings.com

For the current season you would click on "2019 Ratings". Then you would click on "by conference". The average conference rating is shown at the top-left next to each conference. The Central State Eight rating, for example, is 619.
Always wondered what happened to my first original website.....damn dudes it 2019 is that the best they can do?

Reactions: Bowie50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT