ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special.....

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Quarter finals are here. Upsets will be happening this weekend for sure. I'm nothing if not loyay, so this weeks upset is..... The Kay's of Kankakee over year in and year out National power The East St. Louis Flyers. I've been with Kankakee since day 1 this year, makings them my opening night winner. I love this team. They play my kind of ball, fast and mean. That's how you beat a team like East Side. I'll take the Kays tonight. Final score..... Kankakee 28 - East Side High 27. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts and who is your upset?

Quarter finals are here. Upsets will be happening this weekend for sure. I'm nothing if not loyay, so this weeks upset is..... The Kay's of Kankakee over year in and year out National power The East St. Louis Flyers. I've been with Kankakee since day 1 this year, makings them my opening night winner. I love this team. They play my kind of ball, fast and mean. That's how you beat a team like East Side. I'll take the Kays tonight. Final score..... Kankakee 28 - East Side High 27. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts and who is your upset?
massey has ESL +31, and having watched both teams i don't see this game as being competitive

2A
#8 Nashville (8-3) vs #4 Athens (9-2)
The projection sites have a rare level of agreement on this one. Massey sees Athen winning 34-28 and Calpreps says Athens wins 35-28. Those point totals do feel a bit high however and I like the Hornets to pull off an upset on a homefield they find ways to win on.
not only is he the most interesting read on this Board (with the exception of ET of course), @Formicidae13 proves himself to be the smartest! I like Nashville over Athens 28-21 and then all the way to Bloomington!

Is picking Naz to be the first state champion with 5 losses still an upset?
If Naz wins tomorrow and then can beat SF next week and then whoever comes out of the south in the championship, that would be an epic run and quite the upset. At least I know I'd be pretty upset!

Reactions: Silver Rain
After watching Glenbard East barely put AT away last week, I'll eat my shoes and your shoes if this happens
I’ll take Glenbard East as well. Think this game against Normal Community will be close and competitive, despite the overall thoughts from Edgynation.

I’ll also double down on West Burbs and take York over E’ville… 6 hour bus ride aint no joke.

I’ll take Glenbard East as well. Think this game against Normal Community will be close and competitive, despite the overall thoughts from Edgynation.
I'm hoping for a good showing from GBE but really have doubts. Their schedule just doesn't prove anything out.

I'm hoping for a good showing from GBE but really have doubts. Their schedule just doesn't prove anything out.
I’ve watched a few of their games…. A last second loss to South Elgin they probably should have won. A win against Glenbard South, and the playoff game against AT.

As far as not beating the brakes off AT - I give HUGE kudos to AT coaching staff. Addison Trail is not a bad team and they are very well coached imo - can’t say that enough. GBE probably would have won by a lot more but had only 1 offensive possession in the 3rd QTR, which lowered their offensive output. GBE was also missing a couple starters from suspension due to fight against Harlem week before.

I don’t know anything about Normal but I don’t know if their schedule was much more difficult than GBEs. Is their sched really that much better? Ya’ll tell me IDK.

For GBE, their RB1 and QB are very good. Normal will have a challenge to stop those two. Well see - Edgy said Normal by a lot so he probably knows better than me, but I think GBE can win personally.

Reactions: mchsalumni
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT