ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special...

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Very little time today, so this will be quick. This weeks upset is........ The Red Devils of Hinsdale Central over the Hilltoppers of Glenbard West. Final score HC 24 - GW 21. I'll try to get on later and give you more info. Sorry I'm so brief today. That's my upset for this week. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

Reactions: USD24
Very little time today, so this will be quick. This weeks upset is........ The Red Devils of Hinsdale Central over the Hilltoppers of Glenbard West. Final score HC 24 - GW 21. I'll try to get on later and give you more info. Sorry I'm so brief today. That's my upset for this week. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?
Don't see this, at all!

Love the Sparta pick.

I’ll go with Naperville North over Neuqua if I go to it. If I end up in Evanston I won’t take it.

Biggest upset of the week is that Feeto actually picked a legit upset. No fun in that

Reactions: MWittman
Lemont over Hillcrest.

Hillcrest was the 2nd best team Brother Rice has faced this year. (Behind Loyola) RB is the best player I have seen so far. Their QB1 and RB2 are very good too. (Rice is getting worse as the season progresses.)

Lemont better bring it.

Hillcrest, St. Rita, Montini are my picks to go deep in 5a.

Reactions: RockSoup
Hillcrest was the 2nd best team Brother Rice has faced this year. (Behind Loyola) RB is the best player I have seen so far. Their QB1 and RB2 are very good too. (Rice is getting worse as the season progresses.)

Lemont better bring it.

Going out on a limb there,huh?:D

Lemont better bring it.

Are you assuming JCA won't make the playoffs?

Going out on a limb there,huh?:D

When you're a football school (St. Rita & Montini) competing against 7A & 8A teams with success and go down to 5a, I mean come on. Rita will be in the state championship every year playing 5a competition.

Actually, every team in the CCL/ESCC BLUE, GREEN, and ORANGE most likely would make it to the 5a state semifinals.

For a school like St. Laurence that's an accomplishment.

Montini and Rita that's just playing your little brother and his friends at the park. Cake walks

Reactions: Gene K. and IgorStL
No, I believe Hillcrest, St. Rita, and Montini are better than JCA this year. But odds are high if the brackets worked out those are the 4 best teams.

That was the same thought last year minus St. Rita. JCA beat Hillcrest forty something to seven.

That was the same thought last year minus St. Rita. JCA beat Hillcrest forty something to seven.

Saw both teams play this year.

Hillcrest was just as good as JCA if not better. But football is a game of matchups and it wouldn't be a shocker if JCA won that rematch of last season.

I saw HC play they have impressive size but I was not impressed by overall play or coaching. I think GW runs for a million yards against them

I have not seen him play, but Kaleb Brown from St. Rita just was offered from ND. Huge offer. After how he ran at LA, it’s hard to see anyone better than him. A total stud.
I saw Hillcrest's Irving last year as a soph. Haven't seen him yet this year. Saw a lot of great Jr. RB's. Of the one's I've seen, I'd rank them as follows:
1. Kaleb Brown....added size from last year and his speed and explosiveness is off-the-charts
2. Nate Thomas (StL)....plays much bigger than his listed size. A beast to bring down and has good quickness
3. Willie Shaw....good size and speed. Very versatile back
4. Kyle Franklin (IC)....appears a bit smaller than his listed size, but very explosive and runs low

JCA's Jordan Anderson is the best soph RB I've seen...tall with good power and elusiveness. Already has about 1,000 yards.

I saw Hillcrest's Irving last year as a soph. Haven't seen him yet this year. Saw a lot of great Jr. RB's. Of the one's I've seen, I'd rank them as follows:
1. Kaleb Brown....added size from last year and his speed and explosiveness is off-the-charts
2. Nate Thomas (StL)....plays much bigger than his listed size. A beast to bring down and has good quickness
4. Kyle Franklin (IC)....appears a bit smaller than his listed size, but very explosive and runs low

JCA's Jordan Anderson is the best soph RB I've seen...tall with good power and elusiveness. Already has about 1,000 yards.
Good stuff PJJP but Kaleb and Jordan are both Sophs. They put on one heckuva show last year in the frosh game.

Reactions: pjjp and USD24
I have not seen him play, but Kaleb Brown from St. Rita just was offered from ND. Huge offer. After how he ran at LA, it’s hard to see anyone better than him. A total stud.

I have not seen him play yet but clearly he's special.

I will go out on a limb and say these group of running backs are the best the CCL has EVER seen and they are ALL Jrs and Sophs.

Reactions: IgorStL and USD24
I have not seen him play yet but clearly he's special.

I will go out on a limb and say these group of running backs are the best the CCL has EVER seen and they are ALL Jrs and Sophs.
Cmon out and see him tonight. Different level stuff. BR, MC, and Marist are on the road so if you’re in the neighborhood, stop by.

Reactions: Queen4

And didn't really play in the first game and a half. He is going to be special.

Reactions: pjjp
When you're a football school (St. Rita & Montini) competing against 7A & 8A teams with success and go down to 5a, I mean come on. Rita will be in the state championship every year playing 5a competition.

Actually, every team in the CCL/ESCC BLUE, GREEN, and ORANGE most likely would make it to the 5a state semifinals.

For a school like St. Laurence that's an accomplishment.

Montini and Rita that's just playing your little brother and his friends at the park. Cake walks

St Rita is not competing against 7A and 8A competition. This year, the mustangs are 0-1 vs 8A competition and have not played a single 7A school. Rita has played 4 5A schools and 2 6A schools.

FWIW, St Rita has almost 2x the number of boys as Montini.

Love the Sparta pick.

I’ll go with Naperville North over Neuqua if I go to it. If I end up in Evanston I won’t take it.
If North beats NV.. Naperville PD Investigations needs to be called in... However,...we could see DeKalb get the W over at Memorial Stadium over Naperville Central... would that be an upset?....

Reactions: Cross Bones
St Rita is not competing against 7A and 8A competition. This year, the mustangs are 0-1 vs 8A competition and have not played a single 7A school. Rita has played 4 5A schools and 2 6A schools.

FWIW, St Rita has almost 2x the number of boys as Montini.

St. Rita is just as good as Rice 8a and Marist 8a this year if not better.

Gave 8a powerhouse Loyola a fight till the 4th.

If they went against MC I predict a 24-20 type of score.

They play garbage 5a competition and it will be JCA in the playoffs all over again.

Here's the average margin of victory for JCA in the playoffs last year.

Round 1 +29
Round 2 +42
Round 3 +24
Round 4 + 36

What a joke.

I guess the secret is to keep the football talent high and enrollment low.

Respect goes to Phillips and Naz who bump up and challenge their kids and staff in the PLAYOFFS not just the regular season.

Last edited:

They play garbage 5a competition and it will be JCA in the playoffs all over again.

Round 1 +29
Round 2 +42
Round 3 +24
Round 4 + 36

What a joke.

Only time will tell. I am just contradicting your statement that Rita competes against 7A and 8A teams. That is not true. They play primarily a 5a/6a schedule.
If Rita does get into the playoffs, lets just wait and see how they do against that garbage competition that will include JCA, Montini, St Laurence and possibly ESL.

Reactions: stl705

Vaughn Pemberton, JR RB from Loyola outplayed Kaleb Brown and Willie Shaw in the head-to-head match-ups. LA won both of those games handily. Go back and look at the stats from those games. LA’s offense changed when they stopped rotating the backs and made him the starter. Stood next to him after BR game and he is a big dude...his YAC yards would be ridiculous...he should at least be on your list IMO.

Reactions: Gene K.
Vaughn Pemberton, JR RB from Loyola outplayed Kaleb Brown and Willie Shaw in the head-to-head match-ups. LA won both of those games handily. Go back and look at the stats from those games. LA’s offense changed when they stopped rotating the backs and made him the starter. Stood next to him after BR game and he is a big dude...his YAC yards would be ridiculous...he should at least be on your list IMO.
No doubt. Good catch. Pemberton = Beast

Round 1 +29
Round 2 +42
Round 3 +24
Round 4 + 36

What a joke.

I guess the secret is to keep the football talent high and enrollment low.

Respect goes to Phillips and Naz who bump up and challenge their kids and staff in the PLAYOFFS not just the regular season.

1. Naz had no choice in the matter
2. You need to seriously consider decaf

Agreed. That list is only the underclass RB's I've seen live. I saw Pemberton on tv against Rice. He's a beast. Definitely is on the list of the best Jr. RB's in the state.

Reactions: MDRT
Only time will tell. I am just contradicting your statement that Rita competes against 7A and 8A teams. That is not true. They play primarily a 5a/6a schedule.
If Rita does get into the playoffs, lets just wait and see how they do against that garbage competition that will include JCA, Montini, St Laurence and possibly ESL.

You are right. My wording was wrong.

St. Rita a traditional CCL Blue member has the talent to compete with any team in state as does Montini.

I have a hard time understanding the thought process of white washing and crushing lesser talent by 3+ tds a game. Until Montini, JCA or St rita meet in the playoffs.

Why not bump up to 6a and face competition and talent that is equal?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT