ADVERTISEMENT

Feeto's Friday Upset Special.......

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Can you believe we're almost halfway through the season already? It's been an interesting one for sure, and with most conference play getting rolling, it's going to get better each week. For this weeks upset we'll go to the Chicago Catholic League Orange. This week's upset is..... The winless Roadrunners of Nazareth Academy over the undefeated and # 18 ranked Knights of Immaculate Conception Catholic Prep. This is going to be a tall order for Coach Racki and his Roadrunners. They scheduled 3 really tough games to start the season, and dropped them all. Tonight is as close to a must win as it gets. Naz QB Logan Malachuk needs to put up about 30 tonight to get the win. As far as ICCP goes, they are great as always, but the lack of really good competition thus far will hurt them. I feel partly responsible for the slow start to Naz's season after I put my hex on them in week 1. I like the Roadrunners this week. Final score..... Naz 35 - ICCP 21. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts and who is your upset?

Going off Cal Preps lines (which had been even wackier than usual)

I'll go with Peoria over Normal. CP has the Ironers favored by 39 (!). Easy money.

If Peoria-Normal isn't kosher, I'll take Bishop Mac (+5) over Christ the King.

I'll be a homer, but if I wasn't, Sandburg (+18) WILL cover if not win outright vs Lockport

Reactions: Alexander32
Go big or go home
Rita over Carmel
I am also going to take St Rita over MC. Not that I believe it will really happen, MC is probably just too good. I'll probably even be rooting for MC.

It's about that time of the season for one game to really shake things up and this would do it for sure.

The best, sort of possible outcome, for SR and JCA would be for SR to keep it close to MC in this one. Put a little scare into the Caravan.

3-0 Belleville East over 1-2 ESL. Flyers coming off their hangover from the Texas loss. Throw out there records. This would be a major upset!
You're not from our area and so this kind of comment is forgiveable, I guess. LOL Anything can happen in high school football and I don't think that ESL is as good as they were last year (Still winning 6A though), but this one will likely be a running clock by half time.

You're not from our area and so this kind of comment is forgiveable, I guess. LOL Anything can happen in high school football and I don't think that ESL is as good as they were last year (Still winning 6A though), but this one will likely be a running clock by half time.
Lol
I know all about the area and surely I know ESL. That’s the reason I said it’s an upset. I forgive you because you forgot the reason for this thread.

Lol
I know all about the area and surely I know ESL. That’s the reason I said it’s an upset. I forgive you because you forgot the reason for this thread.
Upset wouldn't even begin describe such a scenario. lol We'd have to come up with a new word! lol

Upset wouldn't even begin describe such a scenario. lol We'd have to come up with a new word! lol
Really
I think the word is exactly what it means. No new word needed. Playboy you need to quit being such a homer. It’s an upset if Belleville East were to win. That’s the point I am making.

Really
I think the word is exactly what it means. No new word needed. Playboy you need to quit being such a homer. It’s an upset if Belleville East were to win. That’s the point I am making.
I'm an Eville guy. No homer here. Anyone remaining on ESL's schedule as well as anyone in the 6A playoffs defeating ESL would be an upset. No argument there. Picking Belleville East though... truly going out on a limb with that pick. If we enter the Twilight Zone and it happens, I'll happily return to this post and eat crow though. lol

Really
Okay, okay. It already looks like I'll be eating at least a little bit of crow. I was wrong. It's not going to be a running clock by halftime. The game is tied 0-0 at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. I can admit when I'm wrong. lol

I'm an Eville guy. No homer here. Anyone remaining on ESL's schedule as well as anyone in the 6A playoffs defeating ESL would be an upset. No argument there. Picking Belleville East though... truly going out on a limb with that pick. If we enter the Twilight Zone and it happens, I'll happily return to this post and eat crow though. lol
😂
Okay
I really expect you being right but that’s why it’s an upset. This might be a colossal upset but heck go big or go home. LMAO

Reactions: playboymixx
The final score was ESL 48 and Belleville East 0. The running clock didn't start until the 4th and so it wasn't quite the shellacking that I expected, but still a lopsided game nonetheless.
The intent is not to be critical here, but to make an observation from afar.
The person who starts this thread each week obviously puts a lot of thought, time and effort into his selection. So far this fall, he's 1-for-4 with his upset choices which, if wagering on a longshot each weekend, would probably have him sitting around even in terms of finances.
Anyway, the guy starting the thread puts a lot of effort into this, and I assume others making longshot selections put thought into it as well.
But because of the nature of the internet, it's impossible to tell if someone making a longshot pick is serious in believing it can happen, or is just joking around and looking for a 99-percent-no-chance-of-happening upset pick because there is no right or wrong on this thread. I mean, if I say Mundelein (4-0) is going to beat Warren (2-2) when they meet in Gurnee in two weeks, you can tell by my voice and expression whether I am just goofing around or am serious. But in print, that's not the case.
And I suspect that followers of this thread think any pick made is a serious one. And that's how we get a bit of a dust-up when a pick with basically no chance of happening is made.

The person who starts this thread each week obviously puts a lot of thought, time and effort into his selection. So far this fall, he's 1-for-4 with his upset choices which, if wagering on a longshot each weekend, would probably have him sitting around even in terms of finances.
Anyway, the guy starting the thread puts a lot of effort into this, and I assume others making longshot selections put thought into it as well.
But because of the nature of the internet, it's impossible to tell if someone making a longshot pick is serious in believing it can happen, or is just joking around and looking for a 99-percent-no-chance-of-happening upset pick because there is no right or wrong on this thread. I mean, if I say Mundelein (4-0) is going to beat Warren (2-2) when they meet in Gurnee in two weeks, you can tell by my voice and expression whether I am just goofing around or am serious. But in print, that's not the case.
And I suspect that followers of this thread think any pick made is a serious one. And that's how we get a bit of a dust-up when a pick with basically no chance of happening is made.
Let me say that I truly believe that my pick will WIN each week. I only have 1 actual win, but I'm 3-1 against the spread. I'll get a few more right as the year goes on. It's always easier late in the season.

Why would you assume others putting in an upset pick as being totally serious. We have fun on this site. If it wasn’t a stretch I wouldn’t consider it an upset. In HS Football there is always a chance, if no chance why even play the game. By the way dust ups are a good thing. Maybe this week I will pick another upset that will shock even myself. LMAO

That's why I wrote my upset pick like this, AKA almost no chance of really happening.
Go big or go home

I am also going to take St Rita over MC. Not that I believe it will really happen, MC is probably just too good. I'll probably even be rooting for MC.

It's about that time of the season for one game to really shake things up and this would do it for sure.

The best, sort of possible outcome, for SR and JCA would be for SR to keep it close to MC in this one. Put a little scare into the Caravan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT